If you were down to one handgun.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Keep this in mind...if we e ver had to to run to the hills to escape whatever catastrophe,either man or nature,and you could only could bring one handgun or didn't have time to grab your arsenal or anything that causes you to have one gun,what would you feel comfortable with? Assuming we're not all rich and have thousands of rounds of 500 magnum,and we had to resort to scavaging sporting good stores for ammo,which one would you have? Ok,I might be getting a little too way over board here,but it could happen. Might do this similar thread in rifles and shotguns as well.

Now I don't know if I'd grab the g19 or MKII. If it looks like INCH, then probably my MKII so I can kill small game with it. If it looks like I'm going to be gone a week or so, I'll grab my 19

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    I'm a 10mm guy, but if SHTF it would be nice to have the capability to shoot any ammo that can be recovered from any foe to add to your bugout bag. The G-29 I carry can utilize the 40S&W/357Sig/9x25Dillon with just a barrel change. I believe a 9mm conversion is availble, but will require a magazine swap as well.

The perfect pistol would be a .45 cal like that of the Glock30 with fitted barrel options for 9mm, 40S&W, 357Sig, 10mm for the reasons stated above...

Good luck and be safe!

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm a 10mm guy, but if SHTF it would be nice to have the capability to shoot any ammo that can be recovered from any foe to add to your bugout bag. The G-29 I carry can utilize the 40S&W/357Sig/9x25Dillon with just a barrel change. I believe a 9mm conversion is available, but will require a magazine swap as well.

The perfect pistol would be a .45 cal like that of the Glock30 with fitted barrel options for 9mm, 40S&W, 357Sig, 10mm for the reasons stated above...

dang, I was going to say G20 so I could rule the post-apocalyptic remains of society, then you go and make a really good point about AMMO. :p

on a serious note, I knew the 10mm, .40 and (I think .357 Sig) had the same head size, but can you really switch to 9x25, or any other 9mm without changing additional parts beside the barrel?

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Keep this in mind...if we e ver had to to run to the hills to escape whatever catastrophe,either man or nature,and you could only could bring one handgun or didn't have time to grab your arsenal or anything that causes you to have one gun,what would you feel comfortable with? Assuming we're not all rich and have thousands of rounds of 500 magnum,and we had to resort to scavaging sporting good stores for ammo,which one would you have? Ok,I might be getting a little too way over board here,but it could happen. Might do this similar thread in rifles and shotguns as well.
    200 rounds of 500 mag goes ALONG way. And with a caliber that large can kill anything that walks the planet. IF I knew I only had to worry about 2 leggers would be beretta 92. Besides from the other post here looks like theres not gonna be any 9mm left in the sporting gooods stores.

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Most unoriginal:

I'm with Spanky, G19 without even having to think about it.

G19, could there possibly be another answer? I dont think so.

G19 but I carry a 23.

Now I don't know if I'd grab the g19 or MKII. If it looks like INCH, then probably my MKII so I can kill small game with it. If it looks like I'm going to be gone a week or so, I'll grab my 19

My G19 w/factory Trijicons. Accurate, reliable, concealable, high capacity for caliber/size.

What he said. Plenty of ammo available and good capacity.

Most original:

Remington 1858 New Army in .44 caliber.

Most awesome:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    A lot of G19 answers. What makes the 19 so good?
    I see Glocks jam a lot in competition

My choice would be a CZ75B in 40
    Because they start playing with the internals trying to make the trigger lighter instead of using Original glock parts.When I replaced my "other" parts back to original ones the problems with malfs ceased.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Because they start playing with the internals trying to make the trigger lighter instead of using Original glock parts.When I replaced my "other" parts back to original ones the problems with malfs ceased.

What he said. While they aren't infallible (nothing with more than 2 moving parts is), I don't think any handgun is more reliable than a Glock.

As to what makes it so good, that reliability combined with IMHO being the perfect "all around" handgun. Small enough to conceal easy, big enough to shoot like a real gun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom