If you were down to one handgun.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Hands down I would say 9mm...ie my G17. Worldwide accessibility on ammo and high capacity for who knows what. I know I said one gun,but in reality,I do have a portable "container" that will contain a G17 and M66 and about 2000 rnds of ammo each. It's a heavy box but it can be carried away at a moments notice and placed in the trunk of my car along with personal items and clothes already packed away in suitcase ready to go. My wife and son already have bags of clothes and other stuff ready to go as well at a moments notice. Survival essentials such as 1st aid,non perish foods,batteries and such are already in the car...they live there. BTW...I'll probably have my .38 snubbie on me anyway since it's on my strongside 24/7.

Paranoid? I think not. Just prepared.

Last edited:

Phr0st

Whats a custom user title
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Holden, LA
    Sig p226 combat TB

This one \/ \/ \/ :rofl:

DSCN2623.jpg

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    everyone might wanna have backup caliber because from the looks of it 9mm is going to be gone after month one of the new world. Unless your like me and keep 1000 rounds on hand for every weapon you own.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I've got a Ruger P89 9mm and i absolutely love it. its big and heavy but durable. if you ran out of bullets you could just club somebody to death with it....LOL

angrycookieman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Central Louisiana near Pitkin
    I love my CZ shadow, but for survival, have to admit I would bring my Glock. That is saying a lot, because it's my least favorite pistol. They are like an AK, not pretty or wonders of machining, but they sure do work.

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Guess I missed something. Can you 'splain that, please?

Well people keep thinking you can get 9mm everywhere. And now you can. But if became a riot filled land of crime and looting everyone and their mother has a 9mm and local branches and depots will only have so much on hand and the military certainly is not going to share exept with me :). What ammo you have is all that you'll be able to count on being around after the looting starts.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    ONE gun?

211883297.jpg

227877329.jpg

If it was TEOTWAWKI, I'd be hard pressed to choose between my 681 PC and a G19.

Considering that is what everyone else is bringing mags/ammo/parts for...

If I were going to go automatic, I would probably pick a G19 for that reason - but I'd prefer a USP with a LEM.

Once again I find myself lusting over that revolver. Tell ya what, when the SHTF, Ill trade you TWO Glock 19's for it so you can be just like everyone else.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom