Iraq Redux Part Deux v. ISIL

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    I'm reading a lot of this, "we gave them a chance," "they need an authoritarian government," "they don't deserve our help," "f'em all," "I'm sick of the Middle East/islam/muslims/Iraq." Fine, I understand it, shoot maybe we can pull Hosni Mubarak or some Baathist General out of retirement. I get it, but why can't we just go kill the bad guys, simple as that, just kill the terrorists? Why are we trying to get the Iraqis to fight for us, when they are surrendering personnel and equipment in droves? We don't have to do any nation building, we don't even need heavy a foot print, lets just secure some air bases and kill all the bad guys we can before the get any more tanks or SAMs. They're there, in the open, operating with impunity, without significant training, or equipment. Kill them, before they bring their crap here or to one of our allies. Shoot, what about the future of our foreign policy? Side with the U.S. and you too could be embroiled in a civil war within three years of us leaving. That'll be a great selling point. I don't want a bumper sticker that says "Don't blame us. When we left, we were winning."

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm reading a lot of this, "we gave them a chance," "they need an authoritarian government," "they don't deserve our help," "f'em all," "I'm sick of the Middle East/islam/muslims/Iraq." Fine, I understand it, shoot maybe we can pull Hosni Mubarak or some Baathist General out of retirement. I get it, but why can't we just go kill the bad guys, simple as that, just kill the terrorists? Why are we trying to get the Iraqis to fight for us, when they are surrendering personnel and equipment in droves? We don't have to do any nation building, we don't even need heavy a foot print, lets just secure some air bases and kill all the bad guys we can before the get any more tanks or SAMs. They're there, in the open, operating with impunity, without significant training, or equipment. Kill them, before they bring their crap here or to one of our allies. Shoot, what about the future of our foreign policy? Side with the U.S. and you too could be embroiled in a civil war within three years of us leaving. That'll be a great selling point. I don't want a bumper sticker that says "Don't blame us. When we left, we were winning."

Ummm, I think we've been doing exactly that for a couple decades now. It's like ants in the back yard, you kill one nest and another one pops up 20 feet away. You go focus on killing that one and the first one pops up again. It's a war that can't be won, at least not by us. We've given them training, we've given them hardware, if they can't or won't fight for their own country we can't afford to make it our problem anymore.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    People don't think alike. Even your spouse doesn't think the same way and you will never be able to totally understand them... though you may understand them better than the people in the ME.

At this point he said his only concern is his immediate family.
    If he could get them out of Baghdad and to the US
    he said he'd personally enjoy glassing the entire country. :eek3:

Wow.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Ummm, I think we've been doing exactly that for a couple decades now. It's like ants in the back yard, you kill one nest and another one pops up 20 feet away. You go focus on killing that one and the first one pops up again. It's a war that can't be won, at least not by us. We've given them training, we've given them hardware, if they can't or won't fight for their own country we can't afford to make it our problem anymore.

Every year I put out insecticide and it keeps the ants and other insects from getting in my house. The war can be won with a stable government, of whatever type works in the region, and a United States that doesn't turn its back on the situations it creates. A lot of people in that region won't fight for their country, but they'll fight for themselves. We have to make it about that. Their country may not be worth another single Americans life, but ours is and this is our problem whether we like it our not. We do not live in a vacuum, you give people that want to kill you a foothold, a safe haven, and enough of your equipment and they will find a way to kill you.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It's about to be on now.

Iraq top Shi'ite cleric issues call to fight rebels, civil war feared

"People who are capable of carrying arms and fighting the terrorists in defense of their country ...
    should volunteer to join the security forces to achieve this sacred goal," said Sheikh Abdulmehdi al-Karbalai,
    delivering Sistani's message to the faithful.

In a rare intervention at today prayers in the holy city of Kerbala,
    a message from Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani,
    who is the highest religious authority for the Shi'ites in Iraq,
    said people should unite to fight back against advancing militants from the radical Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/ar...-issues-call-to-fight-rebels-civil-war-feared

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish

Actually, ROE has for more than half the time you state, been keeping us from killing many of the bad guys...

Again, its there ball in their court. If the people are unwilling to fight for some form of liberty and keep descending into this extremism, let it burn. They don't deserve it. Our blood and fight gave them the best opportunity they have had in the past 1000 years.

Also, look real close of what other players already have inserted troops, mainly the Iranians. If we go in and help Iran in its goal, guess there's no reason not to help Mr. Assad too?
    Could you imagine an US strike that kills 50 Iranian SFs? Bam, we in knee deep again with a public and political base that wont let our men fight and win.

Last edited:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    :doh:

Now what, pretender? Come on; share your worldly wisdom with us all, you f'n genius! Good Grief!

Military moms and dads; don't let your kids go back! No boots on the ground!

I will support a massive bombing campaign only if we take over the oil; like we should have done last time! They NEVER paid anything back last trip.

You all watch! This will be another pre-war Afghanistan. We'll have Taliban in there; again, and Al-Queda in Iran.

Oil jumped to $106 a barrel yesterday and will continue to climb because of this. I predict $4.50 a gallon gas by July !

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Oil jumped to $106 a barrel yesterday and will continue to climb because of this. I predict $4.50 a gallon gas by July !

Then you are predicting a near depression! ;)

If I may add some more cheerful news on the oil front, Venezuela is descending into chaos as well. :flamed:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    y2u9yquj.jpg

Hmm. Obama about to make a statement- possibly regarding this?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Interesting.

ISIS Terror Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
    Was Released By Obama from Camp Bucca in 2009

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, June 12, 2014, 7:23 PM

Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS),
    has transformed a few terror cells on the verge of extinction
    into the most dangerous militant group in the world.

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi or Abu Dua was once held by the US in Camp Bucca Iraq.

The Obama administration shut down the Bucca prison camp
    and released its prisoners, including Abu Dua in 2009.

Definitely throwing (Obama) out there lol
    but yea we had him and then released him.
    happens more time than anyone would like to admit.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Obama: No troops- but military options are on the table.

.....And as he walked away, one of the reporters yelled at him, asking if he'd spoken to Bergdahl, yet....:doh::rolleyes:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Obama: No troops- but military options are on the table.

.....And as he walked away, one of the reporters yelled at him, asking if he'd spoken to Bergdahl, yet....:doh::rolleyes:

I wish one of those dumbasses would have asked him if he read a bed time story and tucked him in. You know he got in kinda late last night.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    He better pick up if this is legit.

US contractors trapped
    I am writing from ballad Iraq as a employee of sallyport, ksillc..there are approx 500 US citizens on balad air base north of Baghdad trapped..we are part of a little known F16 iraq support mission here...The company has reportedly for the last 3 days to fly us out, we are now all herded into a central location on base..and being told nothing..The clint lockheed martin, DoS and most women have already been evacuated days ago but we are all still here. I hope this message is received by someone that can break this as headline news to bring attention to the situation for us..we are all worried and in dire straight as last security Intel reports Isis elements around us..
    http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1143661?ref=feeds/latest

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Every year I put out insecticide and it keeps the ants and other insects from getting in my house. The war can be won with a stable government, of whatever type works in the region, and a United States that doesn't turn its back on the situations it creates. A lot of people in that region won't fight for their country, but they'll fight for themselves. We have to make it about that. Their country may not be worth another single Americans life, but ours is and this is our problem whether we like it our not. We do not live in a vacuum, you give people that want to kill you a foothold, a safe haven, and enough of your equipment and they will find a way to kill you.

The mistake your making is believing their is an Iraqi National Identity. Iraq is only a country because The British decided it should be. It's made of of several ethnic groups that in know way identify themselves as Iraqi. The people in Iraq are fighting for themselves, ISIS and the other Sunni Elements are fighting for themselves are fighting The Shia power base. The Kurds are fighting both of them to carve out a sustainable homeland for their ethnic group.

Top Bottom