Iraq Redux Part Deux v. ISIL

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Are you an SF Guy? Nobody ever has a problem putting other people on the ground. So to be clear you wanna kill the Sunni Terrorist but the Shia Terrorist are A OK? ISIS is very active in
    Syria do you advocate going there to get them
    As well? Since your solution just involves killing people are we gonna crank that back up in 2 years when the broken inequitable Iraqi Government creates the problem
    Again?

If you disagree with the conclusion on Air Power please cite an example where it has worked? It didn't work in WW2 or Vietnam or The Balkans or Iraq or Libiya or Pakistan. But this is different?

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I'm confused as to how the **** you could tell good from bad there... Same people that fed us some nights were the same ones walking through our formations strapped with suicide vests.

The only time we were positive they were el habi was when 7.62x39 started clapping back at us

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    No way man, they strap on road guard vests and pack fluorescent AKs to let us know they are indeed a terrorist organization. You long tabbed mother ****ers don't know that yet?!

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    image.jpg

But the Sahweh (Sons of Iraq) were former insurgents who fought alongside us to liberate their villages and show Al Qaeda they weren't afraid to hide behind man dresses and crowds. Some of the biggest balls I've seen in a long time !

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wonder if this is legit?

utequ6ut.jpg

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Lindsey Graham on Face the Nation Video link

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/lindsey-graham-seeds-of-911-being-planted-in-iraq-syria/

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., warned that the next 9/11 attack could emanate from Iraq and Syria if the U.S. does not take steps to immediately halt the advance of the Islamic militants sweeping toward the Iraqi capital of Baghdad.

"We need air power immediately to stop the advance toward Baghdad," Graham said on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday, warning that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) - the jihadists who are an offshoot of al Qaeda - could control the entire northern half of the country and use it to march on Jordan and Lebanon while Iran moves in to control the south.

Iraq violence continues as suicide attack rocks Baghdad
    The South Carolina senator added that the director of national intelligence and the head of the FBI have both warned that ISIS, also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL, has promised to carry out the next 9/11 attacks.

"I think it's inevitable. The seeds of 9/11 are being planted all over Iraq and Syria. You don't have to believe me, this is what they're telling you they're gonna do. They're not hiding their agenda. They want an Islamic caliphate," Graham said. "They plan to drive us out of the Mideast by attacking us here at home."

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    As a side note looks like a few security companies are gearing up Academi is hiring 600 contractors by December and a few others are doing the same just because the government doesnt want to get to involved doesnt mean you still cant go get some trigger time in ...end side note

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Have you served in Iraq or Afghanistan? Im asking not to pick a fight but because I hear a lot of altruistic gusto that tends to fall away after you see
    The place and the problems first hand. So who should we
    Start killing? How do you suggest we select and vet the targets?
    Iraq in 07, Afghanistan in 09. It's not altruistic, it's beneficial to the US and our foreign policy in the long run not to stand idly by here. I was barely 19 in 07, so I'm sure I didn't appreciate the situation at the time. We should start denying Isis their current operational freedom. Destroy their vehicles, equipment, and show those rallying to their banner that they're making a poor choice by killing them whenever we can. Don't act like this isn't a target rich environment, leave the target vetting to the commanders.

Last edited:

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Are you an SF Guy? Nobody ever has a problem putting other people on the ground. So to be clear you wanna kill the Sunni Terrorist but the Shia Terrorist are A OK? ISIS is very active in
    Syria do you advocate going there to get them
    As well? Since your solution just involves killing people are we gonna crank that back up in 2 years when the broken inequitable Iraqi Government creates the problem
    Again?

If you disagree with the conclusion on Air Power please cite an example where it has worked? It didn't work in WW2 or Vietnam or The Balkans or Iraq or Libiya or Pakistan. But this is different?

No, I'm not an SF guy and again you're patronizing me. Clearly it would be easier to do nothing and criticize those that want to do something. You sound like you have a crystal ball over there, do you think you could share it with us? As to your conclusion on air power this is different based on the objectives. In each of those situations, excluding WWII, air power achieved very real successes only to be hamstrung by politicians. No one is arguing that they didn't need ground forces or that they won't be necessary.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    And yes they act up and stand around under banners when they are safe. When they know people are watching they shockingly don't. It isn't anywhere near as simple as go kill bad guys. Killing some bad guys won't make it better because you can't kill fanatics faster than they can be created. It's been proven conclusively proven over the last 12 years. In fact it's a principle tenant of COIN Operations. You have to fix what's causing them to radicalize. In this case the current political situation in Iraq and in a larger sense the Shia vs. Sunni/Persian vs. Arab struggle make it impossible to fix. Right now they are fixated on killing each other. Stepping in on one side or the other without balance or a grander strategy will simply result in a worse end state than currently exists. Team America World Police has proven to be a deeply flawed Foreign Policy. We have sunk thousand of lives and Trillions of dollars into Wars that have been fought on a year to year day to day crisis to crisis basis without creating any lasting or real security for the UNited States. General Mattis said it best when he said as often as not it's the people you don't kill that make the difference rather than the ones you did. In this case without an sense of goal, intent, end state, and strategy this will simply be another exercise where we kill bad guys by the drive, accomplish nothing except create thousands more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom