Jake Paul or Mike Tyson.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Age obviously matters but that's really
    not the most important thing until a certain age. American men tremendously underestimate their abilities as they age and then get caught up in stagnation that makes it hard to get moving later on. It's cultural. There's a 65yr old martial artist at his gym on Old Jefferson in BR that can still beat 95% of any sized persons under 30, lol, it would take a champion-level fighter to beat him. Several years ago a trained, real, Ninja that was 68 set a tough-man record for oldest champion and fastest KO in a championship fight.

There is a lot more to it than a simple physical body and age...until a certain age (or level of abuse).

Tyson is real. I don't know about Jake Paul...but Tyson is real and has an old school spirit.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Script don’t mean nothing when Tyson hears that bell ring…
    Again though, I’m not sure why people are saying this fight is scripted. The fight is being put together much the same as the Mayweather/McGregor fight. Two mismatch opponents pitted together as a money making event. Was that one scripted? Was it rehearsed? I’m pretty sure both fighters went at it like they were in it to win it. Anyone who wants to believe that neither of these guys has knock out plans is just a little naive if you ask me. Anyone who’s considering Tyson an old has been grandpa is just a little bit clueless in my opinion.
    Yeah, there is a big machine at work bringing this match together. Why do some folks think this somehow makes the actual fight less real? None of Jake’s fights have been fake as far as anyone knows.
    Lastly, I don’t think they’d have the numbers they want paying to see a fight that is not an actual boxing match. I believe if anyone thinks this fight is “staged”, they either don’t truly know the definition of that word or they’re mistaking the fact that it’s been arranged to happen outside of the usual avenues. In short, if anyone thinks this is going to be a fake fight, they’re mistaken.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I keep hearing people say this about the fight and I wonder if they actually think Mike Tyson is going to go out there acting like Donny Osmond or Danny Bonaducci. Are they thinking Mike is gonna suddenly play by a script? Ya don’t think that a former heavyweight champ who’s training like a pro is gonna go out there and box like he’s defending a title? I’m guessing this will be a surprise for a lot of folks. Too bad we have a couple months to wait.
    You’re thinking of iron Mike in his prime. This isn’t the same guy. I’ve watched a handful of episodes of his new podcast and yes I’ll say i absolutely 100% believe Mike will follow a script for the pay day he’s about to receive.

Watch any of the clips of him talking before he accepted this fight and it’s pretty easy to see. He’s a businessman now and a pretty smart one.

Regardless of the outcome it could be a tko first round for Jake or Mike and my opinion doesn’t change. I’m not trying to insult anyone by saying this but this is nothing more than a big distraction for the mass, very similar to the Roman circuses

I’m sure it will be entertaining regardless but I’m not paying for it.

Out of curiosity what’s yall opinion on the Floyd Mayweather versus Conor McGregor boxing match that happened a few years ago? Staged event or was that a real boxing match?

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You’re thinking of iron Mike in his prime. This isn’t the same guy. I’ve watched a handful of episodes of his new podcast and yes I’ll say i absolutely 100% believe Mike will follow a script for the pay day he’s about to receive.

Watch any of the clips of him talking before he accepted this fight and it’s pretty easy to see. He’s a businessman now and a pretty smart one.

Regardless of the outcome it could be a tko first round for Jake or Mike and my opinion doesn’t change. I’m not trying to insult anyone by saying this but this is nothing more than a big distraction for the mass, very similar to the Roman circuses

I’m sure it will be entertaining regardless but I’m not paying for it.

Out of curiosity what’s yall opinion on the Floyd Mayweather versus Conor McGregor boxing match that happened a few years ago? Staged event or was that a real boxing match?
    Again, scripted? Follow the script? As in you don’t think they’ll truly be fighting? Already settled on a winner? As in a fixed fight? What makes you think that’s the plan?
    I just made a statement about the very fight you mentioned. Do you actually think they weren’t really fighting? Did you watch the fight?
    I totally get that there’s extreme hype surrounding the event itself, but I’m in disbelief as to why people think it’s like WWE RAW once these guys step into the ring. Exactly what are you basing that on?

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Again, scripted? Follow the script? As in you don’t think they’ll truly be fighting? Already settled on a winner? As in a fixed fight? What makes you think that’s the plan?
    I just made a statement about the very fight you mentioned. Do you actually think they weren’t really fighting? Did you watch the fight?
    I totally get that there’s extreme hype surrounding the event itself, but I’m in disbelief as to why people think it’s like WWE RAW once these guys step into the ring. Exactly what are you basing that on?

Scripted as an a predetermined outcome just like WWE. Yes, that’s exactly what I believe and very much so. I believe the same for the Mayweather versus McGregor fight. Sure they might go out there and spar for a bit, but the outcome has already been settled on. We can just agree to disagree on this one.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Scripted as an a predetermined outcome just like WWE. Yes, that’s exactly what I believe and very much so. I believe the same for the Mayweather versus McGregor fight. Sure they might go out there and spar for a bit, but the outcome has already been settled on. We can just agree to disagree on this one.
    Ok, I disagree.
    So who do you think will “be declared the winner”?
    If it’s fixed, then it could easily be either fighter, right?

I personally don’t think for a minute that the outcome of the McGregor/Mayweather fight was predetermined. Most of us knew that Connor was gonna lose because it was not his strong suit by any means, just as we all know had the fight taken place in the octagon under MMA rules, Connor would have won. But, no way it was scripted. They were fighting. Connor tried to win, he just lost. I think once Mike and Jake start throwing heat and bombs start connecting, any doubt about the fight being real will leave folks.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I think you’ve watched Snatch too many times.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Ok, I disagree.
    So who do you think will “be declared the winner”?
    If it’s fixed, then it could easily be either fighter, right?

I personally don’t think for a minute that the outcome of the McGregor/Mayweather fight was predetermined. Most of us knew that Connor was gonna lose because it was not his strong suit by any means, just as we all know had the fight taken place in the octagon under MMA rules, Connor would have won. But, no way it was scripted. They were fighting. Connor tried to win, he just lost. I think once Mike and Jake start throwing heat and bombs start connecting, any doubt about the fight being real will leave folks.
    Yes it could be either. Predetermined. The outcome is already known. A script will be followed. Same as the Mayweather McGregor fight. I’ve followed both on YouTube for quite some time. I could see how this could be deceiving if you only watch the propaganda for the fight. These are only my opinions take them for what they’re worth.

If I’m wrong I’m wrong but I just don’t see it. I also believe the NFL is rigged but maybe not at the level this boxing match is. I don’t believe the players are in on it in the NFL but absolutely believe the refs are. High school and college sports are about the only things that haven’t been corrupt imo.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Yes it could be either. Predetermined. The outcome is already known. A script will be followed. Same as the Mayweather McGregor fight. I’ve followed both on YouTube for quite some time.
    Oh! Well, now that we know that you’ve followed them on YouTube for some time, I think we probably all believe you now. Why didn’t you mention that sooner?!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Oh! Well, now that we know that you’ve followed them on YouTube for some time, I think we probably all believe you now. Why didn’t you mention that sooner?!
    To be clear not that I’m subscribed to either but I’ve somewhat payed attention to both.
    I’ve watched Mikes podcast a handful of times. Jake I’ve seen him on other platforms but can’t say I’ve ever watched his YouTube channel. Again these are just my opinions. I don’t understand why that’s so upsetting to some? I guess you’re invested in it though man but don’t let me ruin your fun. These are just my opinions.

Now this would be a good one to start a pole on is the fight rigged or not? I think we’ed see most people don’t care and wouldn’t participate. Again though maybe I’m wrong. Don’t crucify me for it now.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    To be clear not that I’m subscribed to either but I’ve somewhat payed attention to both.
    I’ve watched Mikes podcast a handful of times. Jake I’ve seen him on other platforms but can’t say I’ve ever watched his YouTube channel. Again these are just my opinions. I don’t understand why that’s so upsetting to some? I guess you’re invested in it though man but don’t let me ruin your fun. These are just my opinions.

Now this would be a good one to start a pole on is the fight rigged or not? I think we’ed see most people don’t care and wouldn’t participate. Again though maybe I’m wrong. Don’t crucify me for it now.

I don't believe anyone is upset. I think people are just dumbfounded.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

I don't believe anyone is upset. I think people are just dumbfounded.
    Two people are dumbfounded maybe three. I feel the same way.

Start a pole. I think you’ll see most people could care less and wouldn’t participate.

Christmas is right around the corner boys. Santa’s watching. Y’all play nice now lol.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom