Jury Finds Sig Liable.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I watched it days ago. But we're ammo with bullets and powder removed so just a case and live primer.
    I know the 1911 and 2011 went off when dropped. But did they engage the safety?
    Ok.

All guns were dropped with safety off and should not have fired. I’ve never torn into a 2011 but I would have assumed there would be a firing pin block in the design. They said they would engage the safety and try again if a gun fired but don’t think they did, doesn’t matter as the gun should be drop safe with the safety off IMO.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Everyone knows Sigs are too smart to fire when empty, only if the mags were loaded….

Seriously I enjoyed the video and I had no issues from a safety standpoint but dropping those guns on the concrete did hurt me.

I’ll also be honest and say I have trust issues with Sigs and hopefully I can trust them at some point because I love the way they shoot.
    Be honest. You really wanted to say 'clips', instead of 'mags'. Just to trigger us again.:ninja:
    I watched it days ago. But we're ammo with bullets and powder removed so just a case and live primer.
    I know the 1911 and 2011 went off when dropped. But did they engage the safety?

Ok.

All guns were dropped with safety off and should not have fired. I’ve never torn into a 2011 but I would have assumed there would be a firing pin block in the design. They said they would engage the safety and try again if a gun fired but don’t think they did, doesn’t matter as the gun should be drop safe with the safety off IMO.
    They did drop them a second time with the safety on. None of them fired. The way the video is edited, I understand missing this. They mention it very briefly, then show the video of all three in a row being dropped with no commentary.

I wish I had an original 'unfixed' 320. Those had the best triggers of any plastic firearm I've ever booger switched.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Be honest. You really wanted to say 'clips', instead of 'mags'. Just to trigger us again.:ninja:

They did drop them a second time with the safety on. None of them fired. The way the video is edited, I understand missing this. They mention it very briefly, then show the video of all three in a row being dropped with no commentary.

I wish I had an original 'unfixed' 320. Those had the best triggers of any plastic firearm I've ever booger switched.
    Clips! How did I miss that opportunity!!

I definitely overlooked it, glad they did it just for the sake of it. However I will say I believe it should be drop safe even when off safe.

I’ve been wanting a 2011 just because I think it could be setup for an awesome home defense gun but now I just don’t know.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Clips! How did I miss that opportunity!!

I definitely overlooked it, glad they did it just for the sake of it. However I will say I believe it should be drop safe even when off safe.

I’ve been wanting a 2011 just because I think it could be setup for an awesome home defense gun but now I just don’t know.
    Just look for one with Series 80, or a Schwartz style safety. Both have a firing pin block. The Series 80 works with the trigger, the Schwartz style works with the grip safety. Between the two, I prefer the Schwartz style.

The easy answer is, don't drop expensive firearms.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Ok.

Whew, thankfully post 26 doesnt exist :thumbsdown:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just look for one with Series 80, or a Schwartz style safety. Both have a firing pin block. The Series 80 works with the trigger, the Schwartz style works with the grip safety. Between the two, I prefer the Schwartz style.

The easy answer is, don't drop expensive firearms.
    Not dropping firearms isn’t realistic if you’re constantly handling/ training with them. I don’t care who you are if you carry daily and train with your firearm you’re going to drop it once or twice.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Not dropping firearms isn’t realistic if you’re constantly handling/ training with them. I don’t care who you are if you carry daily and train with your firearm you’re going to drop it once or twice.
    I didn’t take him saying not to drop them that literally, he even points out the firing pin block he prefers.

But I 100% agree with you. In a perfect world I wouldn’t drop it and can’t remember the last time I dropped one but definitely believe the possibility exists, I also believe letting it fall (not catching it) is the best option if dropped (unless it’s a 2011/1911 without a firing pin block and the safety is off in that case it might be worth catching it or just RUN!)
    I also shoot in all weather conditions and freezing rain is definitely a time the risk is greater for me. (I get so frustrated when ranges close for bad weather, don’t bad people attack in bad weather lol).

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Yea, . . . I'm not going to say I've never dropped a weapon.

I am going to say that my Drill Sergeant made sure I'd never drop a weapon again.

I guess it all goes back to training. That was over 40 years ago, and that lesson still sticks.

The
    LOUDEST sound in the world is a rifle hitting pavement in formation.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Yea, . . . I'm not going to say I've never dropped a weapon.

I am going to say that my Drill Sergeant made sure I'd never drop a weapon again.

I guess it all goes back to training. That was over 40 years ago, and that lesson still sticks.

The
    LOUDEST sound in the world is a rifle hitting pavement in formation.
    Wow that must have been one hell of a boot camp. So good it made you perfect and completely eliminate human error from your anatomy. Imagine that…

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Must have been Air Force?
    I was an AO in the navy in weapons department. Also took a 6 month billet to security and extended it for an additional 6 months. I’ve spent countless hours in the armory on board USS Nimitz doing weapon handling/ training. None of that is really relevant to a civilian dropping a carry gun but that’s just my .02

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was an AO in the navy in weapons department. Also took a 6 month billet to security and extended it for an additional 6 months. I’ve spent countless hours in the armory on board USS Nimitz doing weapon handling/ training. None of that is really relevant to a civilian dropping a carry gun but that’s just my .02
    Apologies, brother. I guess you were just being you... :dogkeke:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Apologies, brother. I guess you were just being you... :dogkeke:
    No need to apologize I didn’t take any of it personally.

We just see this often where a guy will boast about their military service as if shooting/ weapons handling isn’t a perishable skill. Just kinda makes me scratch my head and wonder sometimes, that’s all.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Wow that must have been one hell of a boot camp. So good it made you perfect and completely eliminate human error from your anatomy. Imagine that…
    I never did have a base mentality. We had Forts, Posts and Camps.
    I attended Basic Training, not boot camp.
    Never learned how to chip paint either.

I still step off with my left foot.
    You'll never catch me playing pocket pool, even on a cold day.
    I do not impersonate a tea kettle.

If your DI didn't teach you lifelong lessons, perhaps you joined the wrong branch.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I never did have a base mentality. We had Forts, Posts and Camps.
    I attended Basic Training, not boot camp.
    Never learned how to chip paint either.

I still step off with my left foot.
    You'll never catch me playing pocket pool, even on a cold day.
    I do not impersonate a tea kettle.

If your DI didn't teach you lifelong lessons, perhaps you joined the wrong branch.
    Sure bud, if you say so.

I wasn’t a Bosnians mate so I never learned how to chip paint either although chipping paint only takes common sense.

I’ll say it again since maybe you missed it but shooting/ weapons handling is a perishable skill. Good for you though for perfecting it (in your mind) 40 years ago.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Gun store i use to frequent in Washington state, i once asked the owner why he liked glocks so much, he took out his glock 19 and threw it and said "it will only fire if you pull the trigger" i never knew that was a concern.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Gun store i use to frequent in Washington state, i once asked the owner why he liked glocks so much, he took out his glock 19 and threw it and said "it will only fire if you pull the trigger" i never knew that was a concern.
    There was a guy at the old Shooters Club on David Dr years ago that would do the same thing, lol he would literally chunk his glock across the store anytime someone questioned if they were safe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Barnettmickey
    Top Bottom