Liberty Safe gives passcode to federal authorities

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    If they had a warrant, they were gonna break into it anyway.
    I don't see the big deal.
    They broke into Trump's safe at Mar A Lago.
    I'm sure Trump's people wouldda given them the combination.
    They broke in, just 'cause they could.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    The larger problem with this is warrants have to be specific in searching ones home, they can not just have a general search for anything anywhere when there is only an arrest warrant for the individual.
    In this case which is ******** from bottom to top, the supposed crime was being at a protest states away from the persons residence to which would only be an arrest warrant for the individual person nothing pertaining to his / her residence or property owned within.

This is the dangerous part no one is speaking about, Not to mention misconduct and illegal.
    Having the way this lunatic run tyrannical run country operates today there may have been many charges we do not know about including ''Armed Insurrection'' which may have or not been pertaining to the search warrant of the individuals home and safe.
    Still all too much ******** and We the people are more worse off the more this crap continues
    Our entire system from top to bottom is just proving they can do whatever they want including shitting on our constitution / bill of rights and the Sheep will go along with it no matter what

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I won’t activate the fingerprint or facial recognition keys to my phone precisely for this reason.
    Android has a lockdown mode that takes about 1 second to apply, this requires the password/pin to unlock the phone, and disables the fingerprint and facial recognition. That said, I can guarantee the feds, and probably most larger police departments, have the tools to bypass security for a phone they have in hand.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    My tiktok link didn't work, but the guy made a post on TikTok about the raid...just a short one, he's out of jail and thanks everyone for their support.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I may have been wrong about them selling out to a Chinese owned company, still not sure about that part but...
    f8cd5a25707092bde0a46118620f609a.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    If they had a warrant, they were gonna break into it anyway.
    I don't see the big deal.
    They broke into Trump's safe at Mar A Lago.
    I'm sure Trump's people wouldda given them the combination.
    They broke in, just 'cause they could.
    You wouldn't happen to be trying to justify owning a Liberty, would you?
    On the off chance that you are, I have read that Liberty is now offering the removal of master codes for their safes by request, although I'm not sure I'd trust this if I were concerned about it.
    That said, too little, too late for them to save face now. The damage is done and personally, I'm glad that it was made public. Good riddance.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You wouldn't happen to be trying to justify owning a Liberty, would you?
    On the off chance that you are, I have read that Liberty is now offering the removal of master codes for their safes by request, although I'm not sure I'd trust this if I were concerned about it.
    That said, too little, too late for them to save face now. The damage is done and personally, I'm glad that it was made public. Good riddance.

I do own a liberty safe. I wonder if I could develop, and sell, a replacement board for the electronic safe that wouldn't have "backup" codes.

Top Bottom