Limits to a Member's WTS Ads?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Yes, that makes sense. But the seller should take it as a hint that he needs to update his ad if multiple people ask similar questions.
    I agree. Kinda the like the guys who let’s say will list an upper for sale. “ 16’ar 15 upper for sale.” No mention of if it’s a factory built upper, what type of barrel, bcg and so on. I don’t even bother asking even if it’s something I’m potentially interested in.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is it possible to allow people to edit their own sales threads.

Gravelface

Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    Sorry, I mean edit / delete / moderate their own sale threads. If comments get out of hand the OP can just moderate it on their own terms.

Personally I love chit talking and trolling in my threads. Keeps things lively.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As far as I know, the site does not have that functionality. Nor should it if comments should be allowed. For example, if someone sees something that may be questionable in the ad and mentions it to help out potential buyers, the seller could simply delete that post. As it stands now, the someone has to report the post and the mods would look into it. And that happens. Recently, an ad was posted for a weapon that had a recall. The weapon in question was covered under the recall. The ad was replied. I reached out to the seller who assured me the company provided instructions on how to see if the weapon had the issue and the weapon did not. Owner determination was not part of the recall process. So I told the seller he would need to mention all of that in the ad if he wanted the ad to stay. He pulled the ad, replaced the trigger, then posted a new ad with the new configuration. Had the recall been mentioned in a reply, the seller could have just deleted it because he felt the comment did not apply.

The other issue with replies had to do with bumping posts. Every reply bumped the thread to the top. So an ad that got 2 questions in a day with the seller replying to each question could be bumped 5 times in one day: daily bump, question, answer, question, answer. The rules allow one bump per ad per day. How do you tell the guy who posted a complete and quality ad he can't bump his ad twice in one day when a $#!t ad got bumped 5 times that same day?

Top Bottom