Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Y'all don't get too excited too quick.

He vetoed the transgender bill on the 21st day. He vetoed HB20on the 12th day, when he only had 10 days to do it.

?

Speaking of the Transgender crap: Edwards says he vetoed the bill against transgender sports in schools because it’s a solution looking for a problem that doesn’t exist in our state. That’s utter BS. How does he know it won’t be all the rage tomorrow? So much for his claims to be a conservative Democrat. He’s a Democrat and answers to the lot of them and our state will only suffer with him governing or representing in any capacity.
    This transgender cop out/work around/hack/sorry-ass excuse has gone too far already. I keep waiting on it to pop up in the olympics. Wonder how that’ll work. For years the olympics has banned the use of steroids and hormones so I’m wondering how the current rules would apply to some MAN trying to grow **** and compete with women. Or will it be limited to cross dressers.
    The whole concept is asinine and the fact that Edwards would veto legislation to keep it out of our state and out of our schools tells me what a sell out he is. I really hope his career in Louisiana politics is over.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Speaking of the Transgender crap: I keep waiting on it to pop up in the olympics. Wonder how that’ll work. For years the olympics has banned the use of steroids and hormones so I’m wondering how the current rules would apply to some MAN trying to grow **** and compete with women. Or will it be limited to cross dressers.
    The whole concept is asinine and the fact that Edwards would veto legislation to keep it out of our state and out of our schools tells me what a sell out he is. I really hope his career in Louisiana politics is over.

Um, you're clearly not reading the news, Mag. New Zeeland Power lifter, breaking all the records and the women are PISSED... Mountain biker who wants to win to burn the US flag on the podium... It's gonna come to a head this Olympics, I think. It'll be interesting to see what happens. See who eats whom...

From what I read, they just have to have a certain level of testosterone in their system, less than men, but still like 6 times higher than women.

I think I just heard your head explode. I hope you're at work so they can put your brains back in..:dogkeke:

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Um, you're clearly not reading the news, Mag. New Zeeland Power lifter, breaking all the records and the women are PISSED... Mountain biker who wants to win to burn the US flag on the podium... It's gonna come to a head this Olympics, I think. It'll be interesting to see what happens. See who eats whom...

From what I read, they just have to have a certain level of testosterone in their system, less than men, but still like 6 times higher than women.

I think I just heard your head explode. I hope you're at work so they can put your brains back in..:dogkeke:

It's not a mountain biker. He, Chelsea Wolf, competes in women's bmx free style. Very well known, for good and bad, in the bmx free style and race crowd.

He is also an alternate and won't even come close to making podium.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It's not a mountain biker. He, Chelsea Wolf, competes in women's bmx free style. Very well known, for good and bad, in the bmx free style and race crowd.

He is also an alternate and won't even come close to making podium.

Your telling me that not only does bmx still exist but they now have all women’s bmx? That’s got to be like the women’s NBA. A joke.

Rovpilot337

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Jennings, La
    Everything I have found so far says that yesterday the 24th was the deadline to veto. Anxious to see if we get any updates today as to whether it becomes law now.

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    https://house.louisiana.gov/H_Citizens/pdf/HowAbill.pdf

If I'm reading this correctly, it won't become law until Aug 1st without the governor's signature.

Added some extra info

17. Signing of Bills; Delivery to Governor

Section 17.(A) Signing; Delivery. A bill passed by both houses shall be signed by the presiding officers and delivered to the governor within three days after passage.

(B) Resolutions. No joint, concurrent, or other resolution shall require the signature or other action of the governor to become effective.

18. Gubernatorial Action on Bills; Sign, Failure to Sign, Veto; Veto Session

Section 18.(A) Gubernatorial Action. If the governor does not approve a bill, he may veto it. A bill, except a joint resolution, shall become law if the governor signs it or if he fails to sign or veto it within ten days after delivery to him if the legislature is in session on the tenth day after such delivery, or within twenty days after delivery if the tenth day after delivery occurs after the legislature is adjourned.

(B) Veto Message. If the governor vetoes a bill, he shall return it to the legislature, with his veto message within twelve days after delivery to him if the legislature is in session. If the governor returns a vetoed bill after the legislature adjourns, he shall return it, with his veto message, as provided by law.

(C) Veto Session. (1) A bill vetoed and returned and subsequently approved by two-thirds of the elected members of each house shall become law. The legislature shall meet in veto session in the state capital at noon on the fortieth day following final adjournment of the most recent session, to consider all bills vetoed by the governor. If the fortieth day falls on Sunday, the session shall convene at noon on the succeeding Monday. No veto session shall exceed five calendar days, and any veto session may be finally adjourned prior to the end of the fifth day upon a vote of two-thirds of the elected members of each house.

(2) No veto session shall be held if a majority of the elected members of either house declare in writing that a veto session is unnecessary. The declaration must be received by the presiding officer of the respective houses at least five days prior to the day on which the veto session is to convene.

Acts 1989, No. 841, 1, approved Oct. 7, 1989, eff. Nov. 7, 1989.

19. Effective Date of Laws

Section 19. All laws enacted during a regular session of the legislature shall take effect on August fifteenth of the calendar year in which the regular session is held and all laws enacted during an extraordinary session of the legislature shall take effect on the sixtieth day after final adjournment of the extraordinary session in which they were enacted. All laws shall be published prior thereto in the official journal of the state as provided by law. However, any bill may specify an earlier or later effective date.

Acts 1992, No. 1139, 1, aproved Oct. 3, 1992, eff. Nov. 5, 1992.

From what I've read it's August 15th. Not sure when it was delivered but it looks like if the bill is delivered DURING session he has 10 days or 20 days if the tenth day falls after the session has ended. Looks like the session ended on the 10th? Seems like Senate bill 118 was sent to him on the 4th, When was it delivered? Who knows. House bill was sent on the 11th. When it was delivered? who knows. The conclusion i get is he has 20 days from the DELIVERY to either sign, veto, or not sign and it becomes law.... just my .02. The bill HAS to be delivered 3 days after passage.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    If I understand the information listed in this thread (if is a big word), here are my thoughts on timeline. The bill cleared the legislature June 2nd. Let's say they took the maximum legally allowed time to deliver the bill to JBE, that delivery date would be June 5th, a Saturday. So JBE's 10 day clock started on Monday, June 7th and he had 10 days to respond if the session was still active. But the legislative session ended on the 10th, so JBE now has 20 days from delivery to act because the session ended before the 10 days were up. This makes the new deadline June 27th, which is a Sunday. So perhaps Monday June 28th is the new deadline. Or am I totally off here?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    SB118

06/06 S 38 Sent to the Governor by the Secretary of the Senate on 6/4/2021.

Ya'll stand by, I called Senator Morris to find out what the deadline actually is.

Someone could have done that days ago?!? He's not the Wizard of Oz you know!

:mamoru:

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    If I understand the information listed in this thread (if is a big word), here are my thoughts on timeline. The bill cleared the legislature June 2nd. Let's say they took the maximum legally allowed time to deliver the bill to JBE, that delivery date would be June 5th, a Saturday. So JBE's 10 day clock started on Monday, June 7th and he had 10 days to respond if the session was still active. But the legislative session ended on the 10th, so JBE now has 20 days from delivery to act because the session ended before the 10 days were up. This makes the new deadline June 27th, which is a Sunday. So perhaps Monday June 28th is the new deadline. Or am I totally off here?

If my understanding of what I've read is correct, then that seems to be the case. I highly doubt he will do nothing about it. We shall see. Honestly it doesn't really matter to me. I have a CHP that i just got in March so I'm good for 5 years any way. lol

Top Bottom