Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Just called the above offices,and the lines are open!!

Speaker Schexnayder, nice lady answered and said she would pass on my msg to favor Veto session.

Senator Cortez, was a recording and allowed msg to be recorded.

CALL Call

They need to hear from you and all you know that are willing to make effort.

Good day

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

Speaker Schexnayder, nice lady answered and said she would pass on my msg to favor Veto session.

CALL Call

Good day

thanks for the heads up I’m going to attempt to make some calls now

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If we want this, we need to hit up more than just "our" representatives. First, to actually get them to convene for the "automatic" Veto Session. Yes, it is an automatic process! The Legislators have until next Friday to send enough ballots into BR to cancel the "automatic" Veto Session. If they don't have enough votes to cancel the Session, then they must attend. However, they will then address each and every Bill that was Vetoed.

Second, if they do convene, the same members that voted for SB118 will have to vote for it again; plus it needs 2 more members in the House to vote to over ride too.

The governor DOES NOT WANT THIS VETO SESSION TO HAPPEN. He will/is blackmailing certain Legislators as we sit to vote against it by having the power to take appropriations away from some of them. He may likely not stop the Session, but he won't stop trying to line up votes against any of the vetoed measures.

When it comes to government appropriations handouts, these politicians think twice about going against the guy that controls the purse strings.

There has to be a resounding message from those of us that want this to these Legislators to over ride this veto without worrying about the fiscal consequences.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

CALL Call

Good day
    Nice work, sir! Keep calling! Keep up the pressure

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Who in Hades are these police officials coming out against this at the capital?

Are some of them unaware that the criminal element ALREADY carries without a permit? :rolleyes:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I watched these sheriffs in complete and total disbelief that they oppose this and not even have regard for Louisiana citizens, meanwhile they have never been able to guarantee our personal safety from criminals!

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    I watched these sheriffs in complete and total disbelief that they oppose this and not even have regard for Louisiana citizens, meanwhile they have never been able to guarantee our personal safety from criminals!

These sheriffs then need to get some of their own Medicine.

All law abiding should come out and start carrying on a daily basis, OPEN CARRY!! And encourage all citizens with newly acquired handguns.

Let them start screaming that the public is doing exactly what is lawful because the sheriffs wish this to be so by their actions against a Right all should have to carry concealed.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Someone or some organization with any clout should ask for rebuttle of these sheriffs show.

It should be pointed out that the sheriffs in their fear are not serving the public well.

Presently in this state every Hunter with license received some training on firearm safety. They could serve the public better by giving training to the public of which they fear.

They are failing at their work.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

On the news at 4pm showing lots of sheriff's met stated that it would decriminalize the crime of illegal carry not make it legal and that he and many others urge that it stay a crime to carry without a permit. And added that training is required to get one! And it would put the public and officers at risk if carry without a permit is allowed.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    He urged that the bill veto not be changed and was according to him backed by many sheriffs and law enforcement

Attachments

• 20210708_163407.jpg
      20210708_163407.jpg
      217.7 KB · Views: 82
    Last edited:

jlee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 29, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    On the news at 4pm showing lots of sheriff's met stated that it would decriminalize the crime of illegal carry not make it legal and that he and many others urge that it stay a crime to carry without a permit. And added that training is required to get one! And it would put the public and officers at risk if carry without a permit is allowed.

That's not how the United States or Louisiana legal system works. If it's not statutorily illegal, then it's legal. We do not "legalize" wearing blue shirts on Tuesdays. If you decriminalize something, you're making it "legal."

I highly doubt that "many sheriffs and law enforcement" equates to a majority of all law enforcement. Even if it did, why does it matter? They are not the arbitrators of what citizens rights are or should be. While I respect law enforcement, I do not have faith that these sheriffs are going to have any impact or deter crimes of opportunity that the rest of Louisiana citizens are dealing with on a daily basis. Each and every one of them, along with many other elected officials, not only conceal carry but do so with a broader scope and more legal protection. I suspect that they also rarely keep up with training (if they ever have any do to begin with). What's going to save me or my wife when some gangbanger thinks ours is theirs while we're out and about isn't law enforcement and it certainly isn't because something is illegal.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Not all cops but SOME cops are anti second amendment . Where have we heard that before? It's hard to trust the Sheriff's when they so blatantly lie about what effects permitless carry will have on officers and the public . They know other states have gone permitless with no spike in crimes . This is the same bunch that screamed NO to concealed carry permits because it would "endanger officers . " Those cops could not care less about your safety or rights all they care about is keeping power over the citizens . There are cops who are very pro second amendment but most are reluctant to let it be known because it could damage their careers . I would like to see a blind survey and see what percentage of cops say ya or nay on all gun laws and where they would stand if certain guns were outlawed .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La

Then they should all retire and get out of law enforcement!

Top Bottom