Mardi Gras: How many of you couldn't care less about it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Who couldn't like Mardi Gras? It's the only time of the year I get to run around half naked and drunk without caring!

muscleman.jpg

:puke:

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    I don't care for Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, festivals, parades, Wal-Mart... Anywhere that is a gathering place for the lowest common denominator, I don't want to be.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    It'll never be fun for me after seeing the scurge that runs around here at Mardi Gras. 95% of the people staggering around here drunk don't have a clue what's lurking around the corrner.

So what's left to worry about. I'm easily a few steps ahead of this 95% :D

Honestly, yall make it seem so bad, but I worry most about people getting arrested for having to go to the bathroom. If you are not comfortable in the area you are in, you are probably not from here and don't really know where you are. I definitely see more kids and families than anything else at mardi gras, even uptown parades. It is not what they show you on the news, big surprise I know. Bourbon Street/ the French Quarter does NOT equal Mardi Gras.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't like going to NO in the best of times.

The last time I went during Mardi Gras was 1959 when the Pershing Rifles company I was a member of marched in a couple of parades.

I lived in BR for 44y and never was tempted to return.
    :eh:

Wow !

A "Pershing Rifles" hard-core ROTC'er.

I'm impressed, Tom. When I lived in the Stadium, they would form-up just below my window. It was great to watch them from up-close.

Last edited:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Last parade I went to was 8 years ago. I was dating this girl who was originally from Milwaukee. We went to a parade on St. Charles uptown. I was aware enough of my surroundings to pick up a bad vibe off of our "surroundings." I jokingly made a comment that if I had known where we'd be setting up I would have brought my Kimber. She called me a racist( Northerners are brainwashed idiots who have been trained to be victims instead of self-thinkers). Anyway, after the parade she invited me to come back for the parade next night, same parade route, same location. I politely declined.

That Monday morning at work I saw the front page of the Times Picayunne showing the exact same street corner we were at that Friday night. The Subway on St. Charles with caution tape and Crime Scene cops standing around. I immediately called her on the phone to see if she was OK. She told me that Saturday night ( the night I didn't go) three people got shot. One girl standing right next to her got shot. Gang violence with innocent bystander casualties. I told her welcome to New Orleans. Since then, her opinion has changed drastically !

If I wanna see Mardi Gras I'll watch Easy Rider again. That's about the closest I care to get.

louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans
    I work in the quarter and I love and hate Mardi Gras at the same time. I have made very good money so far but all the trash that comes down. As far as people getting arrested for peeing in the streets I have no compassion for them. We have had some one take a dump on the ground not more than 3 feet from the rest room. Come in demand to take a leak but get offended when we tell the the rest room is for paying customers only and come up with stupid stuff like " What if I pee on your floor" I just look at them and smile and say you want to spend the night in jail? Or the 17 year old black girl the seems not to see all the black people I just served before her but calls me a raciest cracker because I nicely tell her I can't serve her and she can't be in the bar. There is also the person that will come in and what to buy cigarettes when we don't sell them and he will stand there going "CIGARETTES !!!" I try to tell him there is a vending machine right across the street but no that concept is to complicated for him to unerstaind so he says cigarettes much slower now. So we ignore him and he has a dear in the head lights look on his face.

Top Bottom