Obama backs mosque near ground zero

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#cite_note-0

At this point in the game, I think it's safe to say that a lot of these guys are nothing more than killers, hiding behind a religion. They are able to take advantage of our freedoms with disregard for how their *religion* may trample someone else's rights, and we are letting it happen.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    We should let them build it. Then the next president should arrange for a plane to be accidentally crashed into it... after the pilot bails out...

Last edited:

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Granted there is freedom of religion. I agree that's part of the constitution and it was part of a document written mainly in reference to either christian or deism. There were also some athiests at the time. I wonder how are founders would have written it if they knew of the religion of hateful domination AKA Islam.

That being said. Even with freedom of religion isn't there zoning rights that NYC has that could keep them from allowing a mosk or any other religious structure from being built so close to the location of a muslim suicide attack on innocents?

My opinion is the city says you can build it but somewhere else in town. It seems like a shrine to the killers who hijacked the planes and what those muslim killers believed in.

Last edited:

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    My only problem with it is that it will probably be considered one of the great holy sites in the Muslim world, much like Mecca. You know a place where all mulsims must make a trek to visit at least once in their lifetime to pay homage to the sacrifices their martyrs made in the continuing struggle against the great satan.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    I think the founding fathers were well aware of islam and other religions of course, and the brilliance of separation of church and state is that it benefits both the government and religion. I do not think there has been any more malice in islam beliefs than christian beliefs and individuals have done horrible acts in the name of both. I see them as equal. Tools to manipulate large groups of people into actions they otherwise might not do. The founding fathers got it right, and the President addressed it correctly. Let them build a mosque where they want.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    At this point in the game, I think it's safe to say that a lot of these guys are nothing more than killers, hiding behind a religion. They are able to take advantage of our freedoms with disregard for how their *religion* may trample someone else's rights, and we are letting it happen.

+1

Well said.............

leVieux

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Seriously , is anyone surprised by this at all ? The location of the Mosque could be moved without trampling on anyone's " constitutional rights " . The Muslims wouldn't have a valid argument against that and we could all call ourselves " tolerant " .

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    That location is a poor choice for a mosque. What they are doing is insensitive, inflammatory, and in my opinion taunting Americans. They are dividing our cultures rubbing our noses in the 9/11 tragedy. Religions are supposed to try to get along in the communities they reside. Not these jackasses. If a radical American group blew up the building they wouldn't get any sympathy from me. (I'm not advocating violence)

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Finally the First Family will have a place to worship together. They will be there for the ribbon-cutting. (cutting of course) I like the saying "peaceful but prepared". Get ready because its coming.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    My only problem with it is that it will probably be considered one of the great holy sites in the Muslim world, much like Mecca. You know a place where all mulsims must make a trek to visit at least once in their lifetime to pay homage to the sacrifices their martyrs made in the continuing struggle against the great satan.:rolleyes:

+1 I doubt it would ever be admitted, maybe leaked after it's too late and been built, but IMO it either already is planned as, or will become a shrine to the hijackers of 9/11.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom