Obama backs mosque near ground zero

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Wow! What a brilliant, intellectually stimulating response. Lay off the personal insults on this forum.

I didn't say anything about white folks, or any skin color, for that matter. I said that Muslims commit 99% of terror acts on the planet. If you have documented statistics, please share them. I may be exaggerating about the 99%, but the VAST majority of terrorist acts are committed by Muslims.

I guess we're only supposed to insult vast groups of people with a sweeping condemnation, rather than one single person... I see how it's supposed to be, then. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to stay out of the politics. It seems way too full of ********.

Oh, and here's just -one- group that should blow your 99% out of the freaking water: Irish nationals. Or... any group in Africa... orrrr... Koreans... or... nevermind, this could get long winded, and I'm done.

OH SHI-

Guess it's hard to get a view of the world when you get your news from chain emails. :rolleyes:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I guess we're only supposed to insult vast groups of people with a sweeping condemnation, rather than one single person... I see how it's supposed to be, then. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to stay out of the politics. It seems way too full of ********.

Oh, and here's just -one- group that should blow your 99% out of the freaking water: Irish nationals. Or... any group in Africa... orrrr... Koreans... or... nevermind, this could get long winded, and I'm done.

OH SHI-

Guess it's hard to get a view of the world when you get your news from chain emails. :rolleyes:
    Well gosh dangit, you're just-a too old and wise fer me. Us dumbass young-uns cain't hope ta compete with polite, all-knowing geniuses like yourself.

Last edited:

CRUE CAB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Melbourne Florida
    I think once there is a real concerted effort to actually build this thing, there will be law suit after lawsuit seeking injunctions to stop or at least delay it.
    More and more is coming out about the Imam that is pushing for it.
    He has had in the past many anti American leanings. If that is true, then the financial backing for the project will need to be called into question.
    He has already said he will accept money from Iran to build it as a donation.
    That is what we need, Iranian money flooding into NYC.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Somewhere a Christian Milita group is forming plans to fly a plane full of pigs into it......

Backed by N Korea, Iran and Venezualea ( SP )

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    At least we'd get some of our money back! I still say let them build it. Spend the money. Then let them try to get clearance from the NY fire marshall to open and let worshipers in! How many firemen died? It'll never happen. They could drag it out for years. And then it can burn to the ground while the NY FD roasts marshmellows over it...

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    At least we'd get some of our money back! I still say let them build it. Spend the money. Then let them try to get clearance from the NY fire marshall to open and let worshipers in! How many firemen died? It'll never happen. They could drag it out for years. And then it can burn to the ground while the NY FD roasts marshmellows over it...
    That sounds good on the surface, but once built, it's built. Wouldn't put it past 0sama to use federal agencies and lawyers to threaten the NYFD. He could also threaten to withhold federal funds from NY, audit them with a rectal microscope, sue the living sh!t out of them (like they're doing in AZ), call them racists, etc. No point in taking the chance.

It's kinda like GWB not having the balls to veto campaign finance reform. He figured he'd pass it, and let SCOTUS overturn it. Oops!

Or like spineless Senators refusing to kill crappy legislation in committee "because they know it will never pass a floor vote". Oops!

The list goes on and on...

When something is wrong, or evil, it must be utterly defeated at EVERY opportunity, and the sooner the better. There may not be a second chance.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Being a staunch Christian I feel our two religions stand in fundamental disagreement and only one will over come(spoiler alert, that us). With that said as a USA citizen the government should not get involved at all. People have a right to be left alone and to do what they want with their property. The government should treat all people and groups the same way regardless of any factor.

If New yorkers don't like it then buy the property so it does not happen. Don't hide behind the government and ask for help. I think it is insensitive and possibly inflammatory but again, NOT THE GOVERNMENTS PROBLEM. Geez, the people who are looking to the government for answers are as bad a people on welfare. Just get the government to solve you problems.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Now let's see all the liberal muzzie ass kissers choose sides. This will do wonders for their re-elections this year.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/08/nj_nonprofit_suggests_replacin.html

A New Jersey-based nonprofit group wants to replace a proposed Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero with a rehabilitation center for those affected by the Sept. 11 attacks.

The Drums and Disabilities organization will announce its proposal in Parsippany today.

CEO Pat Gesualdo, who lost a relative in the attacks, says the facility would offer free physical and emotional therapy to special needs children whose parents were involved in the attacks. It also would serve disabled workers who assisted in the aftermath and wounded troops.

The proposal calls for a combination of private, state and public funding.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    You hit the nail on the head there, rooster. Refusal by government to allow the mosque to be built would amount to an unconstitutional taking of private property rights for public purpose without compensation.

Top Bottom