Open Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'd be a lot more concerned about his buddy I didn't see walking up behind me and blowing my head apart.

This goes back to the tactical advantage which according to the essay is also an invalid point. People will do whatever they want to and anytime someone who has been in a gun grab situation or actual gun fight try's to give real world insight they don't want to hear it because it doesn't support their point. But what do I know, I'm just an Internet commando with real world gun grab experience. If you talk to most LEO in a large city I'm sure you will find that more gun grab situations happen than you think.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Oh yeah, I have also saw the officer who shoots a perfect score in practice not hit **** when the time has come to shoot at another person and also saw the guy who couldn't hit **** at the range hit a person with 100% of the rounds he fired. Please do not think because you shoot well in a range setting that you will do the same in a real world situation. I'm not saying practice is not good because it will def increase your chances but it's not a guarantee. I practice because I like it and I like increasing my odds.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Man this thread is getting hostile. Seems IB stirred up a crock of something.
    Here's a question: why is is some LEOs open carry but do not know that it is legal for the average citizen to do so?

As with any and all vocations, there are some a**holes and idiots with badges out there.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Oh yeah, I have also saw the officer who shoots a perfect score in practice not hit **** when the time has come to shoot at another person and also saw the guy who couldn't hit **** at the range hit a person with 100% of the rounds he fired. Please do not think because you shoot well in a range setting that you will do the same in a real world situation. I'm not saying practice is not good because it will def increase your chances but it's not a guarantee. I practice because I like it and I like increasing my odds.

Part of it is the old "react how you train" bit.
    That is a gross oversimplification I know, but it does hold true in some instances.

When I was training cadets I would tell them that they will not know until they are in the situation and at that brink whether or not they can pull the trigger and kill a person.
    That goes beyond training and gets into your faith, character, and morals to name a few.

I don't see how anyone at the LPSO range can shoot a good score when the wind is coming out of the east????

I.B. Pimpin

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Here's a question: why is is some LEOs open carry but do not know that it is legal for the average citizen to do so?
    They do know. Some of these cops (not all) already feel inadequate so they strap on their cock extension which makes them feel better. When they see Joe Citizen with a Sig on his hip, those feelings of inadequacy creep back up. So they figure out anything they can do put Mr. Citizen back in his place and regain their King Dick status. Even if that means illegally disarming him.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    They do know. Some of these cops (not all) already feel inadequate so they strap on their cock extension which makes them feel better. When they see Joe Citizen with a Sig on his hip, those feelings of inadequacy creep back up. So they figure out anything they can do put Mr. Citizen back in his place and regain their King Dick status. Even if that means illegally disarming him.

Just another dumbass cop basher.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    LSP, I think pimpin is just trying to stir the pot, but I guess with a user name of "I.B. pimpin" you can never be to sure.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    LSP, I think pimpin is just trying to stir the pot, but I guess with a user name of "I.B. pimpin" you can never be to sure.

I think you and LSP are on to something here. Feeling inadequate, trying to regain King Dick status, stirring the pot? This may require a deeper psychoanalysis.

I.B. Pimpin

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Just an other dumbass cop basher.
    Cool. So calling out an LEO for disarming a law abiding citizen is cop bashing? Does Gonzales la ring a bell? Truth is that there are some bad apples out there but I suppose we shouldn't call them out because they are cops after all and even the crappy ones deserve nothing but respect from the public. Don't they? Give me a break man.
    I got nothing but respect for the good cops. But if you're corrupt then that respect just went out the window. I'm not bashing the Badge, I'm bashing the man.

Last edited:

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Let's all remember that this is the guy whose initial thread last month was a race baiting troll. http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...eport-area-that-allow-black-people&highlight=

Reminds me of the old saying...you shouldn't wrestle with pigs, you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

I open carry because im required to. I would be waaaaaay more effective in plainclothes and concealed.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe

Well my SISTER just graduated from the academy in Baton Rouge, and she certainly isn't trying to flex her peener. But while she did know that open carry was legal, she was under the impression that magazines with over 10 capacity WERE ILLEGAL! She actually argued with me about it.

So yes, police ARE misinformed sometimes, and no, they're not jerkface scumbags because of this.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well my SISTER just graduated from the academy in Baton Rouge, and she certainly isn't trying to flex her peener. But while she did know that open carry was legal, she was under the impression that magazines with over 10 capacity WERE ILLEGAL! She actually argued with me about it.

So yes, police ARE misinformed sometimes, and no, they're not jerkface scumbags because of
    Never mind

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Just let it go motor. I'm done with it. It's amazing how on the side of the roa, people can curse me out, talk cap about my family, scream and yell, and it has no affect on me, but some dumbass on a web forum actually started to **** me off. Just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living "pimp"?

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Just let it go motor. I'm done with it. It's amazing how on the side of the roa, people can curse me out, talk cap about my family, scream and yell, and it has no affect on me, but some dumbass on a web forum actually started to **** me off. Just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living "pimp"?

If you are a cop, you need thicker skin. I am in law enforcement and this stuff is exactly what makes ME look bad.

Top Bottom