Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The cop hate is strong in this thread.

tumblr_m4bnm3TdQx1qfxbwbo1_500.gif

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    So despite the stats and the teams of
    Case Law on the subject your saying dogs don't reliably alert on scents?

Dogs are great tools for finding stuff by scent.

Should their word be taken as probable cause ...I don't think so. Way too easy for a good handler to develop silent commands to simulate an alert.

No doubt dogs are mostly reliable. Like cops, most are good and on the job for the right reason.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    329 to 345...this thread is catching the Zimmerman thread

Justice for monkey

18942928_BG1.jpg

Just a small token of Lake Charles' wishes to help in the healing process

main.jpg

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

Justice for monkey

18942928_BG1.jpg

main.jpg

Dawg - These folk's don't look like the cigarette boat types. I doubt they could afford the gasoline for a speed boat. If they got a windfall I bet they would probably pay down their debt most Americans have. Pay off the house, car, etc. If I got a windfall I would put the money into something that appreciates and makes money. ie. Property Not a money pit that immediately depreciates. But that's just me.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Dawg - These folk's don't look like the cigarette boat types. I doubt they could afford the gasoline for a speed boat. If they got a windfall I bet they would probably pay down their debt most Americans have. Pay off the house, car, etc. If I got a windfall I would put the money into something that appreciates and makes money. ie. Property Not a money pit that immediately depreciates. But that's just me.

I seriously doubt they will get even close to enough money to buy a Scarab to start with....

When is a dawg not a dog? When it's a troll....

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Probable Cause doesn't equal beyond a reasonable doubt it was never intended to. A cop without a dog could just a likely make a ba search. The stats the handler is required to keep help keep them honest.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Why not adopt a child. Is that to big of a commitment? Serious question.
    I frankly would have a hard time raising someone's child, adoption is not for me.. I would only want one with my wife, kind of like someone not being marrying material but ok to sleep with? I wouldnt want to be wondering what damn dysfunction the adopted kid will develop

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    I frankly would have a hard time raising someone's child, adoption is not for me.. I would only want one with my wife, kind of like someone not being marrying material but ok to sleep with? I wouldnt want to be wondering what damn dysfunction the adopted kid will develop

And THAT is why I don't rescue dogs or have a bully breed

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.

Justice for monkey

18942928_BG1.jpg

main.jpg

The first picture I believe is one of a moment of the greatest sadness that I have ever seen. So very sad. Regardless of all the events of that day, I feel such sorrow for the lady and the dog.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Apparently you have shitty reading comprehension to go with your attitude. I said I hope they get shot. Nowhere did I say I would do it. Maybe you ought to look for a remedial reading course in your area.

Well, I don't need a remedial reading course. The nuances of threat vs desire are completely irrelevant. Either way it is a despicable, shitty thing.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Probable Cause doesn't equal beyond a reasonable doubt it was never intended to. A cop without a dog could just a likely make a ba search. The stats the handler is required to keep help keep them honest.

I have watched dogs do parking lots, but not knowing the handler or the training I wouldn't be able to spot double commands or the like. Not familiar either with the rule of law for searches, but just to say I know how easy it is to give 2 ND or double commands to get a desired reaction.

Again...I think most dope dog busts are legitimate. Just seeing the people and the vehicles would make me " alert "

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Please....the Scarab is a depiction of how much I want these wronged people recieve. I can look at Ms Crochet and I don't think shes the SCARAB type either, but she and her son are due a bunch of money.

Please delete my SCARAB suggestion...we'll just stick with good ole american promissory notes... @ $ 1 each. It will take a lot of them, I just paid $6 for a hamburger and coke.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ApplesOranges
    Top Bottom