Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Thanks for reading, I really do not value anything over human life, ( other than Human Souls )

Probably closer than you know, I grew up with a lot of them...not so many left now. They were the lowest paid in the state for a long time and they acted like it.

I went to Hi School with two of the chiefs, both who could not be let loose at night to go out when they were chief, one especially had a record of " disappearing " until Houston or NOLA called some cops to come get him.

The one they have now is out of the same cloth although he's an FBI grad. Probably a better cop than the others.

Overall...when you know the history of these guys who have shaped this department it's easy to see why they have these kind of screw ups.

AND now the explain er in chief Mark ( nothing to see here folks ) Kraus is DC. From PIO to DC....so we're gonna get the straight scoop huh ???

I'm hoping for a real money hungry bottom feeder to paint Hodges St green with LCPD bucks over this. :D

What you are describing goes on with police chiefs all over the country.
    And they do end up getting voted out.

I know the current crop at LCPD.
    Also Tony and Vic real well.
    I also worked with a lot of the road deputies when we went over there after Rita and almost all of them were well trained and professional.

You are entitled to your opinion and I can't change your mind.

No matter how much I want you to be right......

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    you've got a lot of people out there who are afraid of dogs. NONE of them should be policemen. (I remember about 10 years ago a cop in Tennessee shot a family dog when they pulled over a family of people during a mistaken identity stop). These kinds of people think every dog is some kind of dangerous blood thirsty pitbull that is going to take their leg off. Again, they should be refused entry at the police academy.

This is a good time to point out that municipal police departments have to follow federal hiring guidelines which means that the most qualified are not always the ones hired.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    What you are describing goes on with police chiefs all over the country.
    And they do end up getting voted out.

I know the current crop at LCPD.
    Also Tony and Vic real well.
    I also worked with a lot of the road deputies when we went over there after Rita and almost all of them were well trained and professional.

You are entitled to your opinion and I can't change your mind.

No matter how much I want you to be right......

Hey...I been gone a while, maybe things are getting better. I hated to see Wayne go but it was just time. Tony I don't know but he seems ok. I bounced bars with Wayne before he ever started copn. That was a bad mofo ...poooyie, seen him scatter a few EverReady Captians

Sam was a high school friend but the job went to his head after a while.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The plot thicken's...!!!

Can anyone say ''Skittles''...

Attachments

• hoodies-up-dog-600x600.jpg
      hoodies-up-dog-600x600.jpg
      33.3 KB · Views: 40

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Been some good posts,
    For those of you who have children and are blessed, congrats, we were not able to and we love our dogs.. They are in my mind, my children. I would at first contact probably grab my gun, and in the emotional trauma of my dog getting shot, I would be a mess.
    Now I have read arguments that the cop while running and fearing for his life he had his gun pulled. that fear is emotion, but you go on to say that emotion does not play a role in it, But it does..
    I personally have never been to state that cared less for its pets, and that is also why I think you see the reactions to this thread. I would hope I wouldn't shoot a guy for shooting my dog, but cop or not he just shot my dog, and my dog and my space, you are going to have to answer for it.. which would normally be an ass kicking but since you already have your gun out.. well I would hope I would be able to maintain composure.

I have read more and more about dogs being shot by cops, well there are also a lot of dogs being shot by assholes too, and uniform or not, thats not right.
    I also see the dogs who are sent to attack anyone who might be chasing a bad guy, many drug houses are doing this now, and this could have been in the cop's mind.

look up anthropomorphize.. it explains what we do with animals.. and is very real, and I am guilty of it too, like I said, we could not have kids and this is one way the wife and I can kind of have something living , together.

For the record, I am just like my posts in real life.. I do not get the accusations of others for saying that this is an alternative persona?

There is a lot of disrespect being thrown around, I am surprised, we really are a common, like minded group of folks that get bent out of shape when the respect is gone.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Having lived for the last 11 years with several "house dogs", one thing I have noticed is that our Pets do have emotions and feelings. I have even noticed that they can think and comprehend. I was never aware of this before, having not been in close proximity to dogs. But living on a daily basis with them you begin to see traits and mannerisms exhibited by them that is surprising. They quickly become a member of your family, so to speak, and you do not tend to think of them just as dogs anymore. You care for them and it goes without saying that you are also responsible for their well being and safety.

Dogs will generally defend their "family" against all threats, mostly by barking. They will put their life on the line for you.

Ask any K-9 officer and they will quickly tell you that their dog will give it's life for them without hesitation.

The LC area has a number of very active dog and cat rescue groups. The last 10 years or so they have made the public in our area much more aware of the suffering plight of dogs and cats.

This incident has again struck a nerve with pet owners in SWLA. Many do not feel "Monkey's" death should have happened and that there had to have been actions that could have been taken other than firing multiple rounds in to the owners pet.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have said before that I have dogs and my wife thinks she is the local animal shelter:). I can only tell you first hand experience that while chasing dangerous subjects there is usually no other option and really no time. If the officer would have been doing something other than what he was doing then he might have deployed the taser, who knows, it happens WAY more than you think but it's not news worthy.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I went back through this whole topic and no where did Dawg say he would shoot a cop for shooting his dog.

That was Paleface-er-horse.

What Dawg is confused on is he seems to think the Crochets will get a big Scarab boat or some such out of this.

And I think his hatred for LCPD has warped his reasoning skills.

Apparently you skipped post #20...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I never said anything about me having any intent to shoot at cops for killing a dog, but I'll sure applaud someone who does so long as the dog isn't attacking them. Besides, I don't even have a dog.

Try actually reading a post instead of skimming it and making assumptions.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I have said before that I have dogs and my wife thinks she is the local animal shelter:). I can only tell you first hand experience that while chasing dangerous subjects there is usually no other option and really no time. If the officer would have been doing something other than what he was doing then he might have deployed the taser, who knows, it happens WAY more than you think but it's not news worthy.

I said earlier but it's lost in the smoke somewhere...I knew a LCPD dog cop who's dog attacked him one night, locked on and wouldn't let go. His buddy, a CPSO who was riding along had to shoot the mutt to stop him.

All dogs can have a " moment " I suppose, but from the account I got the dog was holding by the boot and snarling , pulling...when they told me the story I realized it was a serious lack of dog knowledge on the part of the cop. I said as much at the time. Made no friends like that.

I didn't trust or like the dog cop and the clown still owes me $

The ride along was a good guy, I did work for them and he was always on time.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Apparently you skipped post #20...

Apparently you have a shitty memory to go with your attitude.

From post #15:

"If they kill someone's dog for approaching them, then yes, I hope they get shot. A badge isn't supposed to mean that someone is above the law, but it seems like lately it does. That's how I see it. If you don't like that, well, I really don't care."

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

From post #15:

"If they kill someone's dog for approaching them, then yes, I hope they get shot. A badge isn't supposed to mean that someone is above the law, but it seems like lately it does. That's how I see it. If you don't like that, well, I really don't care."

I'm not siding with pale's side of this whole thing, but I will say that hope =/= intent.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA

From post #15:

Apparently you have shitty reading comprehension to go with your attitude. I said I hope they get shot. Nowhere did I say I would do it. Maybe you ought to look for a remedial reading course in your area.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Apparently you have shitty reading comprehension to go with your attitude. I said I hope they get shot. Nowhere did I say I would do it. Maybe you ought to look for a remedial reading course in your area.

So you're saying the home owner should shoot the cop, but you are morally against shooting the cop, personally.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

If someone were to say to you "I hope you die."

How would you take that?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So you're saying the home owner should shoot the cop, but you are morally against shooting the cop, personally.

He got caught in what he said and has taken the belligerent defensive instead of understanding.

Which is fine with me.

It bothers me not in the least, but it adds to the humor of this thread.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA

I'm not morally against it. I just know that if I were to say "I'll do it" then someone on here would get butthurt and I'd end up with a SWAT team at my door.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ApplesOranges
    Top Bottom