Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'll be happy to help you find your outrage.

I think you look for it next to your sense of self righteous indignation, above your logic, but below valuing human life, you'll locate your misplaced outrage.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Several of them have posted in this topic!

calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

It's a beautiful emoticon isn't it. I was about ready for another one but it may stay awhile.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Well as I retire tonight I'll pray hard that maybe tomorrow I'll find my outrage. I'm starting to think that today while looking so hard for it, I might have over looked it? maybe? ....hopefully not. Outrage sounds cool, I don't want to miss out.

Cheers

Here...I'll help you save some gas...

Try 320 Division Street in Lake Charles...that's where KPLC's office is located...there you'll find the origin of this "outrage"....

Heck, bring the wife and kiddos...They'll probably have plenty of "outrage" to share...You wouldn't want to find outrage and not share it with your family right?

You can thank me later...:D

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'll be happy to help you find your outrage.

I think you look for it next to your sense of self righteous indignation, above your logic, but below valuing human life, you'll locate your misplaced outrage.

I hope this helps.

Dave

Is that on TomTom?

Here...I'll help you save some gas...

Try 320 Division Street in Lake Charles...that's where KPLC's office is located...there you'll find the origin of this "outrage"....

Heck, bring the wife and kiddos...They'll probably have plenty of "outrage" to share...You wouldn't want to find outrage and not share it with your family right?

You can thank me later...:D

Fo'Real! I was hoping for a group picture. :p

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You are the second person to quote what I said. I honestly don't read sarcasm well mainly because I dot like the ********.
    I get an idea with the pic of a driving dog you are mocking me?

:dogkeke: Just messing with you, man.

Now I love dogs too- but I think you'll agree that the issue of dog-to-human equality has it's limitations. :p

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I don't value dog life over human life.

I do value my safety and security over the lives of anyone who brings a threat to those things. Dogs are a symbol. I have always argued that it is defensible to assume anyone shooting my dog, or my mower or my chainsaw while in proximity to me is a threat to life. Anyone that nuts is fair game for another to assume intent, IMO.

We can not use DF to defend property but we can to defend life.

As to the OP, we'll just see , but I expect Monkey will be greatly memorialized $$$. As he should be.

Shooting a three legged dog is much worse than it used to be.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

I do value my safety and security over the lives of anyone who brings a threat to those things. Dogs are a symbol. I have always argued that it is defensible to assume anyone shooting my dog, or my mower or my chainsaw while in proximity to me is a threat to life. Anyone that nuts is fair game for another to assume intent, IMO.

As to the OP, we'll just see , but I expect Monkey will be greatly memorialized $$$. As he should be.

At first, I was :confused:, thinking you were :crazy: but I :dunno: so I continued to read your :blah: until I finally understood :bravo:.

The lawnmower is a symbol of your freedom, and an image against communistic Amerika. By god, you will SHOOT TO KILL to protect it's brethren chainsaw.

That's so blessedly simple, it's almost as good as eggplant pie.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

But we are not talking about ANYONE here.

We're talking about Law Enforcement Officers in pursuit of three violent robbery suspects. While in the capacity of their duty to protect citizens from these feral humans were put into a (Fairly Common) situation of a dog running up on an unknown individual in its territory in which the MOST often results in the dog doing so to protect his grounds. Not to lick and play fetch. It wasn't exactly a mini poodle either.

Officers in this capacity have no time nor should be required to stop, sit down, have some tea with the owner and give pup some time to warm up to the officer until it's safe to cross said property.

Absolutely! Officers should use their best discretion and non-lethal if possible. If it's shown through the IA that the officer did not use his best judgment, then he should be disciplined and trained to do better. Not strung up and burned at the stake. He was in Official Capacity in a high stress situation and did what he thought was needed to continue pursuit of the violent suspects.

Anyway, once again it's the media to blame for the flamming. Facebook is filled with folks declaring wrongful death. It only takes one logical person to ask "Do you know exactly what happen?" and then all the fuss and post spamming hate just disappears.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Dogs are a symbol.

I thought that they were human children? Didn't someone make that claim? Oh I mean they are LIKE human children to a dog owner.

I love my dog. Just like a dog. My son I love like my child.

The coat of arms for the Windsor family is a symbol.

Dogs are property not symbols.

Dave

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge

We're talking about Law Enforcement Officers in pursuit of three violent robbery suspects. While in the capacity of their duty to protect citizens from these feral humans were put into a (Fairly Common) situation of a dog running up on an unknown individual in its territory in which the MOST often results in the dog doing so to protect his grounds. Not to lick and play fetch. It wasn't exactly a mini poodle either.

Officers in this capacity have no time nor should be required to stop, sit down, have some tea with the owner and give pup some time to warm up to the officer until it's safe to cross said property.

Absolutely! Officers should use their best discretion and non-lethal if possible. If it's shown through the IA that the officer did not use his best judgment, then he should be disciplined and trained to do better. Not strung up and burned at the stake. He was in Official Capacity in a high stress situation and did what he thought was needed to continue pursuit of the violent suspects.

Anyway, once again it's the media to blame for the flamming. Facebook is filled with folks declaring wrongful death. It only takes one logical person to ask "Do you know exactly what happen?" and then all the fuss and post spamming hate just disappears.

Well put hitman!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles

Hey Dustin,

Let me know where the outrage is so I can avoid those areas when I get home here shortly. I wouldnt want to end up getting attacked by a mob or something!!! TY

Jason:dogkeke:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Now I'm confused, would you shoot the cop or not?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ApplesOranges
    Top Bottom