Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    At first, I was :confused:, thinking you were :crazy: but I :dunno: so I continued to read your :blah: until I finally understood :bravo:.

The lawnmower is a symbol of your freedom, and an image against communistic Amerika. By god, you will SHOOT TO KILL to protect it's brethren chainsaw.

That's so blessedly simple, it's almost as good as eggplant pie.

Once again, a miss.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Now I'm confused, would you shoot the cop or not?

Once again...

I don't value dog life over human life.

I do value my safety and security over the lives of anyone who brings a threat to those things. Dogs are a symbol. I have always argued that it is defensible to assume anyone shooting my dog, or my mower or my chainsaw while in proximity to me is a threat to life. Anyone that nuts is fair game for another to assume intent, IMO.

Somehow we are off the cop vs Dog scenario, but...what is your reaction to a trespasser suddenly on your property and firing a weapon ?? I say it's safe to assume that person is a threat.

Were the person a cop in uniform or otherwise identified he wouldn't need to fear. We do things differently here, no one sneaks up. Nor could they. No one runs through here...maybe in cramped up places that is common.

All LE needs to do is announce what they want and we will comply peacefully.

Way off the cop shooting Monkey though...I am thinking of starting an advocacy movement to cause LCPD buy a lot's of really cool stuff to help with the emotional grief one of their own has caused.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Justice for Monkey...to hell with petitions, these people need relief NOW. Of course this boat should come with a City of LC Credit Card

main.jpg

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Now I'm confused, would you shoot the cop or not?

I went back through this whole topic and no where did Dawg say he would shoot a cop for shooting his dog.

That was Paleface-er-horse.

What Dawg is confused on is he seems to think the Crochets will get a big Scarab boat or some such out of this.

And I think his hatred for LCPD has warped his reasoning skills.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    What I want to know is how no one seems to think the three violent criminals who caused the chase, put the public in danger, and let out the dog are the ones to blame?

Seems to me that LCPD isn't the ones that should be picking up the tab on anything. It's the three jerks that caused this all who should foot the bill. It's their criminal actions and negligence that led to a bad situation.
    The people hear blaming LCPD for killing the dog sound a lot like the liberals who say the United States is responsible for rebuilding schools and mosques because they were destroyed after the enemy put them between themselves and US forces.
    The same people who are demanding Armageddon on the LCPD would be the first people to post "Screw the Mosque, the military did what it had to do."
    I don't see the difference, other than some people feeling obligated to live up to the Internet persona they've created.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    What I want to know is how no one seems to think the three violent criminals who caused the chase, put the public in danger, and let out the dog are the ones to blame?

Seems to me that LCPD isn't the ones that should be picking up the tab on anything. It's the three jerks that caused this all who shoot foot the bill. It's their criminal actions and negligence that led to a bad situation.
    The people hear blaming the dog sound a lot like the liberals who say the United States is responsible for rebuilding schools and mosques because they were destroyed after the enemy put them between them and US forces.
    The same people who are demanding Armageddon on the LCPD would be the first people to post "Screw the Mosque, the military did what it had to do."
    I don't see the difference, other than some people feeling obligated to live up to the Internet persona they've created.

Tell that to the Crochets!

Actually very good post there Ben!

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Holy crap I didn't even notice this thread until today... How is it 7 pages in 2 days :confused: Is it worth reading through or the typical cop bashing vs cop supporting going back and forth?

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Dogs are a symbol.

sym·bol   [sim-buhl] Show IPA noun, verb, sym·boled, sym·bol·ing or ( especially British ) sym·bolled, sym·bol·ling.
    noun

1. Something used for or regarded as representing something else; a material object representing something, often something immaterial; emblem, token, or sign.

2. A letter, figure, or other character or mark or a combination of letters or the like used to designate something: the algebraic symbol x; the chemical symbol Au.

3. A word, phrase, image, or the like having a complex of associated meanings and perceived as having inherent value separable from that which is symbolized, as being part of that which is symbolized, and as performing its normal function of standing for or representing that which is symbolized: usually conceived as deriving its meaning chiefly from the structure in which it appears, and generally distinguished from a sign.

I assume you mean the third definition. I can read at least three different things that different posters here believe the dog symbolizes to them. You just saying the dog is a symbol has little or all the meaning a reader wants to assign to it.

Dave

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    From the petition comments:

Is it good practice to shoot first and ask the questions later? I am so glad we do not have this culture in the UK - I think it is appalling.

LULZ.

.....And I swear- I was just wondering how long it would take for some snippy anti-gun British subject to stick his nose into this.....:rofl:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    From the petition comments:

LULZ.

.....And I swear- I was just wondering how long it would take for some snippy anti-gun British subject to stick his nose into this.....:rofl:

Wonder what questions does he think they should have asked the dog first...:mamoru:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    you've got a lot of people out there who are afraid of dogs. NONE of them should be policemen. (I remember about 10 years ago a cop in Tennessee shot a family dog when they pulled over a family of people during a mistaken identity stop). These kinds of people think every dog is some kind of dangerous blood thirsty pitbull that is going to take their leg off. Again, they should be refused entry at the police academy.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    you've got a lot of people out there who are afraid of dogs. NONE of them should be policemen. (I remember about 10 years ago a cop in Tennessee shot a family dog when they pulled over a family of people during a mistaken identity stop). These kinds of people think every dog is some kind of dangerous blood thirsty pitbull that is going to take their leg off. Again, they should be refused entry at the police academy.

Let's use the same rationale...

There are a lot of nutjobs out there. None of which should own firearms.

BTW, I'm not scared of dogs. Just getting bit. Even then, I doubt I would be shooting them.

JR1572

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I went back through this whole topic and no where did Dawg say he would shoot a cop for shooting his dog.

That was Paleface-er-horse.

What Dawg is confused on is he seems to think the Crochets will get a big Scarab boat or some such out of this.

And I think his hatred for LCPD has warped his reasoning skills.

Thanks for reading, I really do not value anything over human life, ( other than Human Souls )

Probably closer than you know, I grew up with a lot of them...not so many left now. They were the lowest paid in the state for a long time and they acted like it.

I went to Hi School with two of the chiefs, both who could not be let loose at night to go out when they were chief, one especially had a record of " disappearing " until Houston or NOLA called some cops to come get him.

The one they have now is out of the same cloth although he's an FBI grad. Probably a better cop than the others.

Overall...when you know the history of these guys who have shaped this department it's easy to see why they have these kind of screw ups.

AND now the explain er in chief Mark ( nothing to see here folks ) Kraus is DC. From PIO to DC....so we're gonna get the straight scoop huh ???

I'm hoping for a real money hungry bottom feeder to paint Hodges St green with LCPD bucks over this. :D

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wonder what questions does he think they should have asked the dog first...:mamoru:

Maybe some sort of "K9 Interpretation Liason Officer" should have been called in to communicate directly with Monkey....:dogkeke::dogkeke:

Top Bottom