Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    He got caught in what he said and has taken the belligerent defensive instead of understanding.

Which is fine with me.

It bothers me not in the least, but it adds to the humor of this thread.

No, the only thing happening here is you not paying attention to what is typed and seeing what you expect/want to see.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Been some good posts,
    For those of you who have children and are blessed, congrats, we were not able to and we love our dogs.. They are in my mind, my children. I would at first contact probably grab my gun, and in the emotional trauma of my dog getting shot, I would be a mess.
    Now I have read arguments that the cop while running and fearing for his life he had his gun pulled. that fear is emotion, but you go on to say that emotion does not play a role in it, But it does..
    I personally have never been to state that cared less for its pets, and that is also why I think you see the reactions to this thread. I would hope I wouldn't shoot a guy for shooting my dog, but cop or not he just shot my dog, and my dog and my space, you are going to have to answer for it.. which would normally be an ass kicking but since you already have your gun out.. well I would hope I would be able to maintain composure.

I have read more and more about dogs being shot by cops, well there are also a lot of dogs being shot by assholes too, and uniform or not, thats not right.
    I also see the dogs who are sent to attack anyone who might be chasing a bad guy, many drug houses are doing this now, and this could have been in the cop's mind.

look up anthropomorphize.. it explains what we do with animals.. and is very real, and I am guilty of it too, like I said, we could not have kids and this is one way the wife and I can kind of have something living , together.

For the record, I am just like my posts in real life.. I do not get the accusations of others for saying that this is an alternative persona?

There is a lot of disrespect being thrown around, I am surprised, we really are a common, like minded group of folks that get bent out of shape when the respect is gone.

Why not adopt a child. Is that to big of a commitment? Serious question.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Why not adopt a child. Is that to big of a commitment? Serious question.

Commitment isn't necessarily the issue. It's the $$$$, and a number of issues. An infant is practically impossible if you go through the less expensive state adoption. And an older child finally released for adoption has a slew of problems that aren't their fault, but they have them none the less.

Adoption unfortunately is a exceptionally hard journey that can often last for years, and frequently bankrupts the couple.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I'd be careful....... last time a guy went online and said he hoped cops died ended up dead in a car crash..... just the karma think.

Now you see, this is a perfect example. Neither I nor any semi-reasonable person would consider that as you threatening to kill me. But by the logic of some of the people participating in this thread, that would be you threatening such. Well, it would be if I typed it, because they don't like my opinion.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Commitment isn't necessarily the issue. It's the $$$$, and a number of issues. An infant is practically impossible if you go through the less expensive state adoption. And an older child finally released for adoption has a slew of problems that aren't their fault, but they have them none the less.

Adoption unfortunately is a exceptionally hard journey that can often last for years, and frequently bankrupts the couple.

...and I said I'd never agree with you on anything...but this is true.

Sometimes truth transcends.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    You would have a hard time finding a dog handler who has not been bitten by their own dog:)

I have worked with dogs since I can remember...been bitten a LOT. But I never was so green as this dog cop I described as to shoot my own dog for chewing my boot.

I'm saying LCPD has a pitiful lack of training for dog cops. Just knowing how to make your dog jump thru hoops isn't being a dog handler. I am beginning to think same about CPSO. They are turning out so many K9 units. All these guys are not dog ready.

Which brings me back to improper handling of training street cops on how to handle peoples pets.

And don't even get me started on the illusion that a dog " alert " is credible reason to search a vehicle.

Stop drifting Dawg...

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I have worked with dogs since I can remember...been bitten a LOT. But I never was so green as this dog cop I described as to shoot my own dog for chewing my boot.

I'm saying LCPD has a pitiful lack of training for dog cops. Just knowing how to make your dog jump thru hoops isn't being a dog handler. I am beginning to think same about CPSO. They are turning out so many K9 units. All these guys are not dog ready.

Which brings me back to improper handling of training street cops on how to handle peoples pets.

And don't even get me started on the illusion that a dog " alert " is credible reason to search a vehicle.

Stop drifting Dawg...

Why would a department turn loose an officer not trained to utilize a $10K+ piece of equipment?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Why would a department turn loose an officer not trained to utilize a $10K+ piece of equipment?

Dam good question...why do you think the cop I described had to have his own " well trained " dog shot by someone ??

I say b/c he freaked as did the other guy...what happened wasn't in the " go bite BG's manual" they had no clue. Lack of ability rather than training.

Did you notice I agreed with you on adoption ?? Or is this what Mr Spec lives through everyday ???

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Dam good question...why do you think the cop I described had to have his own " well trained " dog shot by someone ??

I say b/c he freaked as did the other guy...what happened wasn't in the " go bite BG's manual" they had no clue. Lack of ability rather than training.

Did you notice I agreed with you on adoption ?? Or is this what Mr Spec lives through everyday ???

Mr. Spec is like a few other guys running around here. He thinks people are looney tunes and he has better things to do with his day than argue over the internet.

Speaking of, I think I'm going outside to wander the yard with him. It's much nicer. :)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

Stop drifting Dawg...

So despite the stats and the teams of
    Case Law on the subject your saying dogs don't reliably alert on scents?

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    poke.gif

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm not siding with pale's side of this whole thing, but I will say that hope =/= intent.

But why would someone even "hope" that in the first place? :confused:

Not that it wouldn't be bad enough already, but the man someone "hopes" gets shot may be a family man- with REAL children. Is it morally correct to "hope" they are without a father for a lifetime over a dog?

I must disagree. Strongly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom