Pure awesome - Help Overturn 18 USC 922(o) and NFA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Again, what restored constitutional right? You have the right to buy them right now.

It's all about the money, on my end and y'all's end.

I admitted it. Now it's y'all's turn.

JR1572

And as such I will throw a BS flag on ANYONE who ownes a FA and definitely multiple FAs that says they are all good with this and therefore the destruction of the value of their investment. And if you really are ok with it them PM me a class 3 dealer to meet you at and I'll screw you now. I have cash and additional high value assets on hand.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    One day when I have time I would love to debate exactly what the 2nd amendment was designed for.

I would love to hear it.

I'm no student of history, but I always thought it was to have a civilian militia armed to stand against a tyrannical government.
    Like the writers of the constitution fought against the British government soldier with equal weapons. :dunno:

And I though "shall not be infringed" meant "shall not be infringed", but I'm no lawyer. :dunno:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I would love to hear it.

I'm no student of history, but I always thought it was to have a civilian militia armed to stand against a tyrannical government.
    Like the writers of the constitution fought against the British government soldier with equal weapons. :dunno:

And I though "shall not be infringed" meant "shall not be infringed", but I'm no lawyer. :dunno:

So based on that......

Dibs on a Javeline, TOW2, SMAW and I want an Abrams! I'll leave the FA18s and JDAMS to the pretty boys!

I'll be busy starting the go fund me for that legal expedition...:doh:

Last edited:

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Whitsend has pretty much nailed it. FA guns should be on gun store shelves right next to the semi auto ones. Buyers should dictate the cost based on supply and demand, no different that our current system with the semi auto or other firearms for that matter. As for you two smartasses with the Javelines, TOW2s, etc, why not allow the guy who has the money to buy them have them? First time he uses said weapons for ill intent, we bring him out back after his trial and put a deuce deuce in the back of his head. If somebody has the $$ and training to buy and operate something like a FA18, I say fuuk yeah!

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Because I don't want my or other people's investments to lose value.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not all about me.

All you Internet activists say otherwise, but this move doesn't effect any of you like it would effect me.

JR1572

I have a great deal on 3 Blockbuster Franchises for you. They were killing it before some a$$hole created this whole internet thing and screwed my investments.

You're nothing without the community so don't feel like you deserve special treatment.

Last edited:

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    So since the public cannot get and have to go through the NFA process, the police shouldn't have them?

Really, are you running for public office?

JR1572

Not even close to running.

You are correct, I have the ability to buy FA.

My right has been severely restricted, however.

And I see it as a VERY reasonable check/balance against the militarization concern that LE doesn't need weapons the citizens they serve are not allowed.

Now, getting to the money issue, since some people frame this as such - it is an artificially priced equity. I have zero sympathy for people that lose money on investments that are artificially priced or legally protected through arcane law. Period. I've lost a little money on some investments and made a couple bucks on others. If you wanted a forever secure investment, congrats, you PROBABLY found one - but what goes up... seriously, you know the rest. Eventually they will be legal (unlikely) or completely illegal for private ownership and at that point I'd bet you don't get the going rate.

But chances are it is perfectly safe.

That said I see no issue giving a few bucks to a guy who might rock the boat a little and remind people that a few people still remember we used to have more "rights".

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    So based on that......

Dibs on a Javeline, TOW2, SMAW and I want an Abrams! I'll leave the FA18s and JDAMS to the pretty boys!

I'll be busy starting the go fund me for that legal expedition...:doh:

May not have had exactly what you are looking for but you should have had your money ready in July.
    http://www.auctionsamerica.com/even...essionid=8430f67ea4f07be09abf5c78375a54376d70

8K11 Surface-to-Surface Missile (SCUD-A) Sold for $345,000
    http://www.auctionsamerica.com/even...&feature=&collection=&grouping=&category=Cars

M4A3(75) Sherman Medium Tank Sold for $299,000
    http://www.auctionsamerica.com/even...&feature=&collection=&grouping=&category=Cars

6-Pounder Anti-Tank Gun Mk 4 Gun on Mk 1 Carriage Sold for $57,500

M1A1 Abrams Turret Trainer Sold for $51,750

120-mm Mortar HM38 Sold for $11,500

BTR-40 4x4 Armored Personnel Carrier Sold for $58,650 Great BUGOUT vehicle

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Whitsend has pretty much nailed it. FA guns should be on gun store shelves right next to the semi auto ones. Buyers should dictate the cost based on supply and demand, no different that our current system with the semi auto or other firearms for that matter. As for you two smartasses with the Javelines, TOW2s, etc, why not allow the guy who has the money to buy them have them? First time he uses said weapons for ill intent, we bring him out back after his trial and put a deuce deuce in the back of his head. If somebody has the $$ and training to buy and operate something like a FA18, I say fuuk yeah!

In agree with the training for FA also. That was a good point.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    See link below for current tanks for sale.
    http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm

Didn't see any Abram, but there were several Sherman and a Stuart available. Also a fully functional flame thrower that can mount to any Sherman or Stuart tank.

If you spend a little more than the 20-30 minutes I spent you should be able to find more.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    As for you two smartasses with the Javelines, TOW2s, etc, why not allow the guy who has the money to buy them have them? First time he uses said weapons for ill intent, we bring him out back after his trial and put a deuce deuce in the back of his head. If somebody has the $$ and training to buy and operate something like a FA18, I say fuuk yeah!

Don't get froggy with me, tough guy. He made the argument about "equal weapons against a tyrannical government". Don't get pissy with me because I pointed out the ridiculousness of it.

But yeah they are available.

And Good point on training. Lets waive NFA requirements for FA for all vets and trained LEOs first. You know, for when ISIS gets here.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Don't get froggy with me, tough guy. He made the argument about "equal weapons against a tyrannical government". Don't get pissy with me because I pointed out the ridiculousness of it.

But yeah they are available.

And Good point on training. Lets waive NFA requirements for FA for all vets and trained LEOs first. You know, for when ISIS gets here.

You sure ALL vets? I know of some vets that are pretty serious pill heads.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    See link below for current tanks for sale.
    http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm

Didn't see any Abram, but there were several Sherman and a Stuart available. Also a fully functional flame thrower that can mount to any Sherman or Stuart tank.

If you spend a little more than the 20-30 minutes I spent you should be able to find more.

That's all crap! We want the same stuff as the tyrannical government, remember?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I have a great deal on 3 Blockbuster Franchises for you. They were killing it before some a$$hole created this whole internet thing and screwed my investments.

You're nothing without the community so don't feel like you deserve special treatment.

What are you talking about?

I bought a MG just like every other citizen can. My status as a LEO had NOTHING to do with that.

I waited in line just like everyone else. The ATF doesn't give anyone special treatment.

I don't deserve or expect any special treatment from anyone.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Not even close to running.

You are correct, I have the ability to buy FA.

My right has been severely restricted, however.

And I see it as a VERY reasonable check/balance against the militarization concern that LE doesn't need weapons the citizens they serve are not allowed.

Now, getting to the money issue, since some people frame this as such - it is an artificially priced equity. I have zero sympathy for people that lose money on investments that are artificially priced or legally protected through arcane law. Period. I've lost a little money on some investments and made a couple bucks on others. If you wanted a forever secure investment, congrats, you PROBABLY found one - but what goes up... seriously, you know the rest. Eventually they will be legal (unlikely) or completely illegal for private ownership and at that point I'd bet you don't get the going rate.

But chances are it is perfectly safe.

That said I see no issue giving a few bucks to a guy who might rock the boat a little and remind people that a few people still remember we used to have more "rights".

So you're buying into the "the police are too militarized, either we get them or they can't have them" argument? Again, you can buy one. The $200 and waiting game isn't a restriction on your rights. You know this.

What's next? You're going to tell me the 13th amendment restricts your right to own slaves and it needs to be repealed? After all, our founding fathers didn't have a problem owning slaves...(sarcasm. I'm 100% against slavery.)

I hope I don't get banned for being logical...

JR1572

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom