Pure awesome - Help Overturn 18 USC 922(o) and NFA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'm not donating but I hope all ya'll do and get this turned around. First thing I'm gonna do is get red jacket to make me a belt fed liquid cooled 45/70 machine gun mounted on my yamaha road warrior with 10,000 round saddle bags.
    It's neva been done befoe.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I'm not donating but I hope all ya'll do and get this turned around. First thing I'm gonna do is get red jacket to make me a belt fed liquid cooled 45/70 machine mini gun mounted on my yamaha road warrior with 10,000 round saddle bags.
    It's neva been done befoe.

There, fixed it for ya.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    W
    Because I don't want my or other people's investments to lose value.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not all about me.

All you Internet activists say otherwise, but this move doesn't effect any of you like it would effect me.

JR1572
    Well, that's pretty arrogant, and selfish. No one cares if your collection loses value. This isn't about you, it's about the rights of the American citizen..

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    W
    Well, that's prett arrogant, and selfish. No one cares if your collection loses value. This isn't about you, it's about the rights of the American citizen..

Again, anyone who can legally purchase a firearm can purchase a machine gun.

How many times I have to repeat this?

I'm going to bed. I hope I have more nasty messages when I return in the morning.

Good night.

JR1572

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma

I'm going to bed. I hope I have more nasty messages when I return in the morning.

Good night.

JR1572

Hopefully your apple shares turn into penny stocks.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

Good night.

JR1572

No matter how many times you say it doesn't make it true. Not everyone can afford even an AR15 at $600, let alone a legit M16 at $30,000.

Assuming I have the cash, please show me where I can buy a Glock 18. Please show me where I can buy a P90. Etc.

EVEN IF everybody could afford one, and we were all happy with buying pre 1986 crap, your BS argument falls flat because there wouldn't be enough pre 86 examples to go around.

Please take your techincality semantics garbage argument somewhere else. Sorry nobody feels bad for you that you have so much "invested" in machineguns.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    So if all firearms had to be federally registered with the ATF and carry a heavy tax like NFA items are, you wouldn't see that as a violation of our constitutional liberties?

Not really about the money for me. It's about righting a wrong. A right that requires CLEO signature, NFA trust, or an LLC to acquire isn't a right, it's a privilege.

Sent via dixie cup string phone.

I would love to hear it.

I'm no student of history, but I always thought it was to have a civilian militia armed to stand against a tyrannical government.
    Like the writers of the constitution fought against the British government soldier with equal weapons. :dunno:

And I though "shall not be infringed" meant "shall not be infringed", but I'm no lawyer. :dunno:

W
    Well, that's pretty arrogant, and selfish. No one cares if your collection loses value. This isn't about you, it's about the rights of the American citizen..

Well said guys.

Frustrating that as plain as it appears to us, other purportedly pro 2nd amendment individuals will argue technicalities like we're all a bunch of idiots.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I'd like to see the "Pre 86" part of the law removed.

That or any less restrictive change would be a great start.

I believe we get so caught up in wanting it all, that we don't want to accept less.
    We need to learn from the antigunners and celebrate any small victory. It's like eating an elephant.

I think a good place to start now would be getting suppressors removed from the NFA purview.
    In the current environment of states allowing the use of suppressors for hunting makes this the perfect time to change this.

Small victories.
    One bite at at time.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Let's be realistic here about the money. Firearms sales are slowing down. The Gun Industry has become more powerful and grown financially. They want the 1986 restriction to be removed. It would be a new area of expansion for firearms sales. They will charge the civilian market a lot more than the government and therefore make much higher profits. Governments might even get cheaper prices due to profits from civilian sales. Dealers will make back any money lost on investments with the sale of new FA firearms.
    Yes, pre86 investors would lose in the event of NFA getting tossed out. The Industry and the Government will not care since they would benefit. It is the "Golden Rule."

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    So anyone should be able to get em, except cops don't need em, but you think they are ok? Now I'm confused!?!
    ADD perhaps? ;) Ok. To carry/have/posses FA on duty, qualify with that weapon ON FULL AUTO, and account for EVERY round. Same reason that one would not choose full auto for home defense under normal circumstances.
    As for taking a lose on gun "investments", didn't a bunch of people take a hit after Newtown? Not the ones that were being greedy, but the ones that thought it may be the last opportunity to own certain weapons. As an investment, I took a bit of a hit recently in my 401, but I knew the risks before putting in as much money as I do. I don't wish anyone financial harm, but if I could buy any other gun why not full auto? Will it ever happen, I doubt it.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

I believe we get so caught up in wanting it all, that we don't want to accept less.
    We need to learn from the antigunners and celebrate any small victory. It's like eating an elephant.

I think a good place to start now would be getting suppressors removed from the NFA purview.
    In the current environment of states allowing the use of suppressors for hunting makes this the perfect time to change this.

Small victories.
    One bite at at time.

agreed.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

Small victories.
    One bite at at time.

I'd like to see SBR taken off also.. There was a piece of legislation proposed last session that would allow a CWP holder to purchase and own without the treasury stamp. I thought that was pretty good.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Ok.. Let's say for a second that the law can be repealed. What would everyone think acceptable as far as background checks? Owner requirements? I mean we are talking about full auto weapons...

As for profit loss, I'm sure we all have taken a hit at one time or another. I mean that's the breaks. This is a hobby, a store of wealth for some, protection for others, there is always going to be the potential for losses. Hell I lost a little money on preban items once the sun set on the Clinton ban but I wasn't sitting back praying the law would stay in effect so that I wouldn't lose a few bucks... I mean that would be ridiculous and selfish.

I,m not so sure it's all about profit loss for some as much as it is about some having it and some not. It's that self righteous B/S some display that really irks me and others.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I'm sure I will be told why I am a dumb**** but I don't see how a poll tax which was found to discriminate against the poor is any different than the $200 NFA tax stamp. I think it is much more apparent when you look at the 1934 GCA when machine guns were still allowed to be manufactured and $200 equated to almost half a new Chevy or Ford. Poll taxes from what I have briefly researched were about $1.5-$2 which after inflation seems to be less than $50 today.

Besides this fact the real issue is what does this actually solve? Almost anyone who wants to use a machine gun for nefarious purposes could easily create one if they so desired. How about gun crime statistics? Has gun crime decreased from the GCA and its amendments?

Lastly the belief that I could buy all the FA guns I wanted to is false, there are only a finite supply available and that supply decreases every time a gun wears out, blows up, has the owner die and the relatives are clueless about registration until it is too late.

Top Bottom