Single or double action? Opinions wanted.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schnugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It was a combination of multiple factors. The least logical in hindsight, but foremost in my mind at the time was this: I had already passed through roughly 85% of the total space of our residence getting to the PT99 and then getting to her. No signs of anything amiss so far, so just complete the check of the kitchen and laundry closet (like I said, pretty small place) and the job is done. I don't like leaving unknowns unknown, I prefer to have the answer.

In hindsight, checking out the kitchen has some huge negatives, only 1 way in and out. If there was a confrontation w/ potential BG, they have no where to go but through me to get out.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks. That does clear a lot up. My only other question is if your primary concern was her safety, why did you not go straight to her and get her out of the apartment? WHy did you feel the need to search the rest of the residence?

My question here is why didn't she just dial 911 herself? Rather than the multiple texts, she could have had a operator on the line with her until LEO arrived.

Seems like a simple response to a strange noise and thinking an intruder may be present. And 911 has been around what, about 20+ years? Not trying to flame the OP since this response is not about him per se but...c'mon, the OP mentioned his opinion that "she needs more training" in reference to running past guns et al, how about training her to dial 911?

Seems pretty simple frankly. ALL other issues can be trained on after that one imo. If I missed that part in the 6 preceeding pages, my bad.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    My question here is why didn't she just dial 911 herself? Rather than the multiple texts, she could have had a operator on the line with her until LEO arrived.

Seems like a simple response to a strange noise and thinking an intruder may be present. And 911 has been around what, about 20+ years? Not trying to flame the OP since this response is not about him per se but...c'mon, the OP mentioned his opinion that "she needs more training" in reference to running past guns et al, how about training her to dial 911?

Seems pretty simple frankly. ALL other issues can be trained on after that one imo. If I missed that part in the 6 preceeding pages, my bad.

We haven't even begun on all that she did wrong. LOL:mamoru::mamoru::mamoru:

Sorry. But good question.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom