Two months before the Panic Buying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    I have an optimistic outlook for the upcoming election but want to be ahead of the panic buying just in case. I am evaluating my magazine situation & trying to make sure I have at least a 10:1 ratio for everything that uses mags. Will likely get a little more ammo.

As an FYI, presidents can immediately stop the importation of firearms with an order so it might be a good time to get that new Tikka hunting rifle you have been thinking about.

A couple stripped lowers and LPKs might be a good investment also.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have an optimistic outlook for the upcoming election but want to be ahead of the panic buying just in case. I am evaluating my magazine situation & trying to make sure I have at least a 10:1 ratio for everything that uses mags. Will likely get a little more ammo.

As an FYI, presidents can immediately stop the importation of firearms with an order so it might be a good time to get that new Tikka hunting rifle you have been thinking about.

A couple stripped lowers and LPKs might be a good investment also.
    You heard them boys you better hurry up and buy a tikka :noes: I might have seen one in the classifieds :chuckles:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I whole heartedly agree with the sentiment on stocking magazines. For every gun I own that uses a mag, I store spare mags. I don’t think we will see the same shortages as in the past except for ammo. When it comes to bullets, shitzabout to get real. Anyone griping about today’s prices will feel like an unprepared fool very soon. In short, if you don’t have it, you might think about getting it nowish.

Last edited:

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Yeah, we have to be ready before President Harris takes office. She is getting elected. Illegals voting, ballot harvesting, and more. There are more Democrat voters in this country than Republican and the Democrats are way more organized at getting people to vote.
    I'm thinking the exact same.
    I won't get bent out of shape behind the idea. We survived 8 (or has it been almost 12?) years of Oclowna.

If it gets really bad, we'll have to do what we need to in order to survive that too.
    I'd say your finances are the most important. Of course spare parts, lubricants, some stock of various others are important, but mind your money.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I remember that thread when ya wife found the boxes. Stored in boxes labeled P-Mags.......
    LOL! Yeah, that’s my fault. I don’t really keep her in the know about every little thing. Y’all know what I’m talking about. Had to will all my guns to my kids so she don’t sell them for a hundred bucks each. (Edit): or what she THINKS I paid for them, lol.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'm thinking the exact same.
    I won't get bent out of shape behind the idea. We survived 8 (or has it been almost 12?) years of Oclowna.

If it gets really bad, we'll have to do what we need to in order to survive that too.
    I'd say your finances are the most important. Of course spare parts, lubricants, some stock of various others are important, but mind your money.
    This. I don’t necessarily agree with Kamala getting voted in. They’d have to cheat too hard to make that happen. But hedging your bets against the currency crash that’s coming is a smart play. While you’re stuffing ammo cans, maybe try to stuff a few with precious metals. Silver has been edging up on the 30 dollar mark all year and gold has held the all time high of over $2500 for a minute too. Anybody wanna gues what it’ll be worth when dollars won’t buy anything? I’ve been stacking since the 80’s. The primary reason I own big safes. It’s not an investment, it’s a savings account. People will laugh about freeze dried 25 year food…until there’s nothing else to eat.

Attachments

• IMG_5106.png
      IMG_5106.png
      1.5 MB · Views: 33
    • IMG_5105.png
      IMG_5105.png
      4 MB · Views: 32

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    This. I don’t necessarily agree with Kamala getting voted in. They’d have to cheat too hard to make that happen. But hedging your bets against the currency crash that’s coming is a smart play. While you’re stuffing ammo cans, maybe try to stuff a few with precious metals. Silver has been edging up on the 30 dollar mark all year and gold has held the all time high of over $2500 for a minute too. Anybody wanna gues what it’ll be worth when dollars won’t buy anything? I’ve been stacking since the 80’s. The primary reason I own big safes. It’s not an investment, it’s a savings account. People will laugh about freeze dried 25 year food…until there’s nothing else to eat.

If it get that bad the millions of Dumb Founded Dips Ships in this country will turn to violence real quick because they can not feed or take care of themselves. You can not eat gold. Live Stock and Farming will be more valuable than gold. And if you know how to do this this idiots who don't are going to try to take what you have.

I am learning how to can meat right now with lard!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If it get that bad the millions of Dumb Founded Dips Ships in this country will turn to violence real quick because they can not feed or take care of themselves. You can not eat gold. Live Stock and Farming will be more valuable than gold. And if you know how to do this this idiots who don't are going to try to take what you have.

I am learning how to can meat right now with lard!
    Yes and no. Metals are for storing your wealth or money. You can’t eat hundred dollar bills either. They lose their value over time, metals do not. Chances are we wont go from plenty to zero in a day. There will likely be variable times and while you can’t plan for everything, one should try.
    A good plan is to get out to a rural area or have a place out there where you can quickly go. Being trapped in an urban area during any SHTF situation is not good. If/when things do truly get “Dips Ships” bad, as you say, bodies will line the ditches of the rural areas. Raiders will have way less success on the outskirts even. Very few will be able to make it to a rural area.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    BBB

Beans
    Band-Aids
    Bullets

You can't eat Gold and Silver, but during the last "Great Depression" people lost their property for taxes or the in ability to pay the mortgage. When the dollar becomes MORE WORTHLESS than it already is, gold and silver may save the farm.

Beans-Storage food is a must but keeping the food may require Bullets. Bullets themselves will be currency. Personally I don't like the idea of bartering "guns & ammo" that could be turned against me.

If you think you will hunt and fish to feed your family THINK AGAIN. Most game laws were instituted because of game being decimated during the Great Depression... (then we were a nation of 120 million, living on farms) today "We're Screwed"

Band-Aids , lay in all the medicine and healthcare supplies you think you'll need, then double it., ally yourself with your pets veterinarian. They will make a better SHTF people doctor, than people doctors.

Folks things are going to get a lot worse before they get better, if they get better at all in our lifetime. If the Cackling Whore is installed thru yet another voter fraud coup. This will be a multi-generational collapse.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    With guns and bullets you can get all the precious metals from the people not prepared to protect themselves but have precious metals.. and can get them from the ones who are prepared, just have to catch them slipping :noes: :dogkeke:

Same could be said for the fella with the stock pile of ammo and guns or food lol

Last edited:

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Fine job, Gentlemen, putting stocks in place.

While things could get VERY bad, I'm applying the law of probability. How likely is the worst to happen? The likelihood of much of society and our world as we know it continuing to function is far greater than a total collapse. Time will tell.

Additionally, how possible is it that fear mongering is part of "their" agenda so we focus on that instead of other things? Obama was one of the greatest gun/ammo salesman that ever lived.

Don't get me wrong, I have things in place for "hard times". You can bet your bottom dollar on that.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    With guns and bullets you can get all the precious metals from the people not prepared to protect themselves but have precious metals.. and can get them from the ones who are prepared, just have to catch them slipping :noes: :dogkeke:

Same could be said for the fella with the stock pile of ammo and guns or food lol
    I hear people say stuff like this all the time. I realize you’re joking, but good luck going into someone else’s home and taking anything by force. You might think you’re home free until 8 year old junior blows out your spine with his .410 from the closet.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve seen canned deer ground meat, mason jars ….:zombie: In-laws in oaklahoma backwoods eat that a lot … doesn’t look to good lol
    Doesn’t matter what it looks like in the jar. After you throw it into a spaghetti sauce, it’s gonna look great.
    Beans, rice, and pasta of all types are great dry long term store foods.
    Btw, someone was asking about camping containers a while back. Here’s one of the Remington boxes I mentioned. Heavy plastic with good rubber seals. You can pack about 60 pounds of dry foods easy. Then just stack them in a spare room.

Attachments

• IMG_5114.png
      IMG_5114.png
      1.5 MB · Views: 35
    • IMG_5109.png
      IMG_5109.png
      3.3 MB · Views: 33
    • IMG_5115.png
      IMG_5115.png
      2.1 MB · Views: 35
    • IMG_5113.png
      IMG_5113.png