Updates and Improvements Part 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    You know, we could always stop the whining about downvotes and *only* have a facebookesque "like this post!" button. If the admins and mods don't want to use this for troll control, no harm in having it this way. Could also do away with all keeping count this way.

I know I've wanted to show that I appreciate someone's post before, but had nothing new or constructive to add. Therefore, the post just got skipped over. No harm no foul, but it would have been a nice feature at the time.

This "like / upvote or nothing" idea might get rid of some of the paranoia floating around here.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Then what does abuse matter?

Why are there comments about it "working" ?

It seems like a retarded, useless distraction and visual clutter on the postings. Who gives a **** if other people liked a post if it isn't an actual function?

Dude, you keep this up, and I'm liable to take you off ignore. Who'd a thunk it?

It only let me give you one thumbs up. But, I'll give you some more on posts that I wouldn't normally have rated.

Who knows, in a world spinning out of orbit, we could wind up on each others buddy list. Weirder things have happened around here.

Peashooter

Peanut Gallery Gang
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans
    When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him
    .Jonathan Swift,
    Thoughts on Various Subjects
    Irish essayist, novelist, & satirist (1667 - 1745) *

I wonder how we would vote on someone truly in the know..
    Would we recognize genius or dismiss as rubbish?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    You know, we could always stop the whining about downvotes and *only* have a facebookesque "like this post!" button. If the admins and mods don't want to use this for troll control, no harm in having it this way. Could also do away with all keeping count this way.

I know I've wanted to show that I appreciate someone's post before, but had nothing new or constructive to add. Therefore, the post just got skipped over. No harm no foul, but it would have been a nice feature at the time.

This "like / upvote or nothing" idea might get rid of some of the paranoia floating around here.

I agree 100%.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him
    .Jonathan Swift,
    Thoughts on Various Subjects
    Irish essayist, novelist, & satirist (1667 - 1745) *

I wonder how we would vote on someone truly in the know..
    Would we recognize genius or dismiss as rubbish?

An excellent example. I'm not entirely sure where that post was going. But, I did stop to ponder the wisdom. How could that be "not helpful?" Yet it got a no vote.

Seriously. Kill Off Topic and Current Events. How could ANYTHING in a thread about a concert be "helpful?" How could that possibly draw "professionals" to the Forum?

Col. Stubborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Rural, Louisiana
    Well, you could have a small notification whenever someone posts in your thread or replies to you.

APOp1is.png

It could just be an icon with a number in the top right corner representing how many you have.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well, you could have a small notification whenever someone posts in your thread or replies to you.

APOp1is.png

It could just be an icon with a number in the top right corner representing how many you have.

Tapatalk does that already. If we enable it on the forums it would be super annoying.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    OK, I neatened up the postbit template a little. Working on removing even MORE extra blank spacing. Anyone else have template change suggestions?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Email me links to any emoticons that you want and I can make it happen :)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    How do y'all like the new changes today? Detail button on every postbit so you don't have to read all of that info every time. Also, added name colors throughout the whole board.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    How do y'all like the new changes today? Detail button on every postbit so you don't have to read all of that info every time. Also, added name colors throughout the whole board.

I like it.

I never would have thought to suggest it, but seeing it collapsed has very-much decreased the height of most messages. Anyone typing less than 4-5 lines has the height of their message box controlled by the poster-info/avatar/location, etc. Now with it collapsed, you get a denser and more efficient post-list. And if I want to see any of the info (very rarely care) it's easy to access. Never would have thought of that being something worth changing, but now that it's there, I like it. Good deal.

JEG

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    When creating an add in the classifieds, the site isn't very self explanatory. If you use it regularly it is easy enough but when you only sell something once a year, I always have to fumble around how to set up my add.
    Also, bumping your post to the top, can it be on a calendar day basis and not 24 hrs. Its kind of ridiculous that if I bump it at 23 hours, because that is when I have time to get to my computer, I get fussed at and get a warning.
    Would like to see it on a calendar day basis or you could automatically set it to bump at a certain time. Of course this would need to be for only a limited time (5 days) before the seller would have to come back and renew the auto bump feature.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I like it.

I never would have thought to suggest it, but seeing it collapsed has very-much decreased the height of most messages. Anyone typing less than 4-5 lines has the height of their message box controlled by the poster-info/avatar/location, etc. Now with it collapsed, you get a denser and more efficient post-list. And if I want to see any of the info (very rarely care) it's easy to access. Never would have thought of that being something worth changing, but now that it's there, I like it. Good deal.
    Thanks! I try :) I know some of my addons don't exactly please everyone...but hopefully this one will.

When creating an add in the classifieds, the site isn't very self explanatory. If you use it regularly it is easy enough but when you only sell something once a year, I always have to fumble around how to set up my add.
    Also, bumping your post to the top, can it be on a calendar day basis and not 24 hrs. Its kind of ridiculous that if I bump it at 23 hours, because that is when I have time to get to my computer, I get fussed at and get a warning.
    Would like to see it on a calendar day basis or you could automatically set it to bump at a certain time. Of course this would need to be for only a limited time (5 days) before the seller would have to come back and renew the auto bump feature.
    It is on calendar day basis now.

I have some ideas worked up to make all of the classifieds a bit better...while appeasing those who want comments. Just working with some software developers for help :) Will have stuff ready soon I hope.

Top Bottom