Updates and Improvements Part 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    As long as we are talking about the classifieds. I think a section called "Services and Customizations" like AR15.com has would be nice. No special credentials to post in and offer a service. Most people offer non-FFL type services and customizations. For instance, I pin/mount front sight bases and gas blocks for AR15s, there's a guy who refinishes wood stock sets, another who does stippling on magazines, someone who cleans and preps brass, cerakoters, etc.

Here is a LINK to the one at AR15.com to get an idea of what it could be like.

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    As long as we are talking about the classifieds. I think a section called "Services and Customizations" like AR15.com has would be nice. No special credentials to post in and offer a service. Most people offer non-FFL type services and customizations. For instance, I pin/mount front sight bases and gas blocks for AR15s, there's a guy who refinishes wood stock sets, another who does stippling on magazines, someone who cleans and preps brass, cerakoters, etc.

Great idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    See the thumbs up and down in the upper right corner of the post? It may not show up on tap talk.

It doesn't show up on tapa talk. It has always been on the fritz lately. People's threads showing up as a preview in another completely different thread and just random stuff

6u3eruva.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I just tried replying to several of y'all's PMs and it just sent it back to me. I'm on tapatalk, any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    A page that we can set our browser to that auto-updates and shows new topics on BS would be cool. Kind of like if someone were constantly hitting the "What's New" button over and over again. Can it be done with an RSS feed or something. It would be nice to have this on my second monitor while I am working or playing games.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

I don't think this is entirely fair to the people who have paid money to advertise their services here.

gjones381

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Baton rouge
    I think it would be nice to have a thumbnail image at the main classifieds list screen of the item for sale/trade vs us having to actually click on the link and then see the image; perhaps even if there were a quick view type of thing where if you put mouse over the listing an image of item would appear. I do know that if server(s) not very fast all those images could take more time than desired to load; perhaps an items per page selection could help that. Its also slightly annoying that on some images you are required to be logged in to view them. Pricing on the main classifieds list screen would be great. Sometimes its a waste of time to look at someone's ad to find they want WAY too much for it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    A page that we can set our browser to that auto-updates and shows new topics on BS would be cool. Kind of like if someone were constantly hitting the "What's New" button over and over again. Can it be done with an RSS feed or something. It would be nice to have this on my second monitor while I am working or playing games.

:mamoru:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom