Wal Mart 100 Rounds Federal Brass .45 $25.97/box

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Untitled-5.jpg

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    So the whole UPC # is 029465063313, what about a particular model number and do these rounds use the small pistol primers like their 9mm 115gr FMJ version?

Peace,
    Evan

Not sure. That's why I posted a pic of the boxes and different angles. Not quite sure of the primer sizes either since I don't reload.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Can someone learn me if there is a shooting difference in the Primers ? I think I understand that the primer size is for you guys that reload.
    Does it make a difference for the average user ? Or why the price is cheaper on these ?

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Not sure. That's why I posted a pic of the boxes and different angles. Not quite sure of the primer sizes either since I don't reload.

Ok, if you compair these to lets say a Winchester White Box or a Remington UMC in the same caliber the primers should look the same, if they are smaller than they use small pistol primers. Just take one out of the box and compair it to some other 45ACP rounds you have, easy as that.

The Wal-Mart I go by a lot in my town has never stocked this round to the best of my knowlage. Having small pistol primers is not a deal breaker, I was just curious to see if the 45ACP had the same primers that they offer in their 9mm variation.

Peace,
    Evan

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Well the Wal-Mart off of the Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy in Shreveport had five boxes, I picked them all up, it was $141 and some change out the door. From the spec's on the box they look to have a little more muzzle energy and speed than most of the cheap FMJ ammo I have came across in 45ACP. The lady I bought the ammo from said that they are changing up the planograms for the ammo and a lot of things have been moving around and the Federal in 100rd value packs is a new item and they didn't even have a place for it on the shelf at the store I went to. I am going to run a box of it through my XDs and if it runs fine and shoots well like I hope it does I will be buying more of it. ;-p

Peace,
    Evan

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Awesome. Glad a few people are able to get their hands on some. Federal is good stuff. I am going to put some through my Wilson today or tomorrow and see how it does. Should be the same Federal they sell in the 50 round boxes

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Awesome. Glad a few people are able to get their hands on some. Federal is good stuff. I am going to put some through my Wilson today or tomorrow and see how it does. Should be the same Federal they sell in the 50 round boxes

It is the same ammo but they want $17 and change for a 50rd box at the stores I shop at. It's worth the extra money to get the 100rd value pack, it's ten cents cheaper a round, duh... no brainer!

Peace,
    Evan

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hell of a find, Dave- thanks for the word. That blows every factory ammo deal (at least that I've seen) out the water- online or otherwise. :eek5:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    You are probably talking about the Federal AR223 in the black box for $5.99, which has been marked up to $6.99 when they have it in stock. Only other cheap .223 I have known them to have is tula.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom