Wal Mart 100 Rounds Federal Brass .45 $25.97/box

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Just for the record here folks... these are standard size primers in these rounds, I was happy to see that when I took them out of the box! The 100rds of it ran through my XDs flawlessly with no problems or hiccups. I will be making another trip back to Wal-Mart to pick up some more, get me a little stockpile going on. The rounds seem to have a little more power behind them over the WWB and the Monarch 230gr FMJ I have ran through the XDs thus far. I hope others have found this ammo, I have been looking high and low for cheap, reliable 45ACP ammo and this Federal stuff is hard to beat for the price. FYI, I have contacted many of stores in my area and some have and some have not gotten these rounds yet. I think a lot of it may have to do with the fact that most of the stores are changing up the ammo layout and they are getting some new products in, but that's just my two cents.

Peace,
    Evan

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    Visited Wally in Natchez and they carry the .45 in the 100ct box but were out of stock. I did buy all of the 9mm they had though as well as a box of 50 .45.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    I think I paid $17.9x for the 9mm. I will see if I still have my receipt, either way, under $20 seemed like a good deal. And yes, the 9mm and the .45 both have small pistol primers.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    I think I paid $17.9x for the 9mm. I will see if I still have my receipt, either way, under $20 seemed like a good deal. And yes, the 9mm and the .45 both have small pistol primers.

Wow, that's crazy... the new 100rds 45ACP has standard size primers, weird. Thanks for confirming that info on the 50rd boxes.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    It's possible that I got an old box? she dug it out from behind some other ammo under the counter. Could have been back there for a while.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    At Nicks right now about to put 200 down range

Let me know what you think, I was pleased with the ammo, the indoor range I went to... the A/C wasn't on or working properly. After putting 20-30rds down range my whole face, back, neck, and arms where soaked with sweat so I really wasn't able to shoot very well after the first 30 or so rounds because of it. :-/

This was my first 20rds of it through my XDs at 7yrds, it wasn't too shabby... enjoy!

qq47i8.jpg

Don't ask me why tinypic flipped the picture to the side, the original that was taken with my iPhone was not turned sideways and when I uploaded it, it didn't save it that way, weird.

Peace,
    Evan

Last edited:

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    I'm not a reloader (yet), but can you not reload the SP .45? I assume it would take some different tooling maybe? As I said, I'm a noob at this. Although I have been saving my brass for years for when I do start reloading. Is it still worth saving the SP .45 brass?

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    You can reload .45 with small primers. The issue comes down to separating the brass. I have one Dillon SDB setup for large primers and the other for small. But having to separate the brass, then change out tool heads for SP .45, keep the loads separate to keep sorting brass to a minimum isn't worth the frustrastion. Keep it large for .45

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    It could be a mix up in their system. But regardless it's what's it's been selling for over the past day or two. Even the tag said .45 on it.

Thanks for the heads up. Offshore and my wife went pick me up 500. They told her that was their regular price and they would be getting more of the same in.....

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    A word here - I have seen price differences of $3 - $4 per box between Oneil, Cortana, College and Siegen on the same day. I have stood at the counter at all 4. Amazes me the difference in how each store treats you based on what part of town the store is located in. Yes Cortana is the worst and Siegen is the best.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I was in Walker Walmart yesterday. They had 5 or 6 boxes that they had just put on the shelf. Don't know if its still there, just thought I would share the info.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I walked into Barking Irons gun store at lunch Asking for the New "Sheild". He said Good Luck...........
    Then he says, You MAY have just had good luck, I just checked in the New XDS 45

While paying for the Pistol, he looks at me and says " Your License is Expired on your Birthday" [ last week]

So my Paid for XDS is sitting there till I update my license.........:zombie:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom