Wal Mart 100 Rounds Federal Brass .45 $25.97/box

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I've got a friend in Lake Charles who just went to Wally. They were out, but she said the rumor at the lunch table is Wally's are selling off their Federal ammo and may no longer carry that brand. ??? Remember this was just an employee, and you know that they "Know everything"

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I tried to make friends with the Department manager in Denham. Kissed his ass pretty hard and reminded him that Jason @ Pelican does pretty good
    "Reach Arounds". I showed him a naked pic of my wife , wrote my cell number on the back of the pic and left it with him.............
    He Says he's gonna call me.................We will see.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I tried to make friends with the Department manager in Denham. Kissed his ass pretty hard and reminded him that Jason @ Pelican does pretty good
    "Reach Arounds". I showed him a naked pic of my wife , wrote my cell number on the back of the pic and left it with him.............
    He Says he's gonna call me.................We will see.

Ummm, I am that guys boss and I could guarantee you first dibs on our entire shipment of this ammo...

Of course, this only applies if you have a really hot wife. A picture is worth 1000 words, video is worth 1000 pictures, and reality is worth a LOT of FREE ammo! ;) :cool: :sly:

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    I've got a friend in Lake Charles who just went to Wally. They were out, but she said the rumor at the lunch table is Wally's are selling off their Federal ammo and may no longer carry that brand. ??? Remember this was just an employee, and you know that they "Know everything"

Well I goto Wal-Mart's in my area two-three times a week and scope out ammo, this is the first time I have seen the 100rd value packs of the Federal Champion 45ACP, period. When I scan these boxes of ammo with my red laser app and it does not come back with any search results. I know the sporting goods manger and my local store and he told me himself this is a new product that Wal-Mart has started carrying. I have looked for over three years for the Champions in 100rd value packs and this is the first sighting I have seen. Unless your local stores stay up to date and are on top of their planograms in their department most stores do not even have a place for it on their layout and have to make room or just put it somewhere where it is not supposed to go... but hey isn't that the Wal-Mart way? Lol ;-p

Last edited:

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well I goto Wal-Mart's in my area two-three times a week and scope out ammo, this is the first time I have seen the 100rd value packs of the Federal Champion 45ACP, period. When I scan these boxes of ammo with my red laser app and it does not come back with any search results. I know the sporting goods manger and my local store and he told me himself this is a new product that Wal-Mart has started carrying. I have looked for over three years for the Champions in 100rd value packs and this is the first sighting I have seen. Unless your local stores stay up to date and are on top of their planograms in their department most stores do not even have a place for it on their layout and have to make room or just put it somewhere where it is not supposed to go... but hey isn't that the Wal-Mart way? Lol ;-p

So what you are saying is that you think this will be a lot easier to find in a few weeks than now?

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    bigoo7e

I like your finding best. Yours are from a Manager and not a regular employee !
    Lets keep our finger crossed this stays economical. Soon as the Bean Counters find out what ammo sells for , we may be screwed.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    So what you are saying is that you think this will be a lot easier to find in a few weeks than now?

Yes, indeed!

bigoo7e

I like your finding best. Yours are from a Manager and not a regular employee !
    Lets keep our finger crossed this stays economical. Soon as the Bean Counters find out what ammo sells for , we may be screwed.

Yeah we should be good, the main thing is that you need to ask the person that is over the department and does the ordering. Like most retail stores, they only have a set amount of money they can spend... so it's not like they can order 3,000rds of the ammo and still be able to keep the rest of their ammo in stock in the process. The other department manager I bought my first 500rds of this ammo from said that there was only two cases of this ammo in their DC which all stores in my area pull from. She had another case of 500 that was on it's way... it was supposed to be there on Tuesday if I recall, but I did not go back by there and follow up with her. I know we have a lot of people that work 8-4 and 9-5 jobs but the best times I have found out to take and speak with the department managers is in the mornings, they normally work like a 6-2 or a 7-3 shift depending on if they have trucks or special projects. I rarely see them on the weekends, so be mindful of that. I personally think that if we can get a few managers on our side and a few good locations, maybe we can get a steady flow of this ammo coming in and keep coming in as long as it is available in the DC's. Just make sure you come prepared with the UPC # 029465063313 and model # WM52331. Worse case scenario, you could find someone with a Telxon and get them to look up the UPC # on it. Here as of late one store may not be able to check stock on another and so on, they used to be able to do that, but I guess not anymore. Another note, Telxon's are not supposed to be checked out in the stores until 8am, so if you call or go up there before then you may not have much luck if you can not find anyone to help you or you can't find it on the shelves. Another quick tip is that if you don't see the ammo you want nine times out of ten they do not have any ammo in the back, period... they have to keep it locked up. Some stores have a overstock area under or beside the register that you can check if you look closely enough from the other side of the counter where like the computer is at where you can look stuff up. Secondly when shipments of ammo come in, the people in the back normally just bring it behind the counter and dump it on the floor... look down on the floor and see if the ammo is just sitting in a unopened case that hasn't been put up yet, that's how I found the 500rds in the store I found them at. I was about to leave and I looked on the floor and behold it was a unopened case of the 100rd value packs, I told the department manger I would take all of that ammo... the lady was like "all of it?" and I said "yes, all of it". She triple bagged it and it was heavy... when I got home I weighed one 100rd brick and it came in at 4.6lbs! LOL ;-p

I know this is long, but these are easy things you can do to get this ammo and other ammo that Wal-Mart stocks with little to no hassle at all. Main problem I have is waiting on someone to help me, but if you know what to look for... you won't have to waste time and gas money in the process, enjoy!

Peace,
    Evan

Last edited:

CajunCanuck

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Kenner
    Got the last 2 in LaPlace........Thx OP.......

Gonna keep my eyes out for the next shipment.......Need a few more boxes in the Safe.....

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Since many of us are looking, Im sure us B.S. brothers can scoop it up and pass it around. [ I am sure other forums have picked up on this by now]
    Instead of us chasing each other, once someone has a few boxes and comes across more.
    Don't pass it up. Get it and pass it around.
    I know Ill do it like that for everyone.

Vince
    [ Can we all get a group Hug]

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Since many of us are looking, Im sure us B.S. brothers can scoop it up and pass it around. [ I am sure other forums have picked up on this by now]
    Instead of us chasing each other, once someone has a few boxes and comes across more.
    Don't pass it up. Get it and pass it around.
    I know Ill do it like that for everyone.

Vince
    [ Can we all get a group Hug]

ill give you more than a hug if you could scoop some up for me next time you find some more ;) :ghey:

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Send me a pic of your Wife..........:naughty:

LOL, well I just picked up another 400rds about 15min's ago... every trip I make the ammo seems to be getting lighter and lighter! ;-p

On another note, the Wal-Mart closest to me just started carrying the Remington UMC 250rd bricks. They had 9mm, 40S&W, and 45ACP. I scanned the 45ACP since it did not have a price, I grabbed one and scanned it and it scanned at $89 and some change. It's basically $00.10 more a round than the Federal, so I didn't even consider it, but someone is bound to buy it, thinking they are getting a deal when they are not when you compare it to the Federal Champion 100rd bricks. ;-p

Peace,
    Evan

fishbaja2

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Baton rouge
    Wally world

I can tell yall that Gonzales store stocks the Federal. I was fortunate enough this week to stop in and the girl said they just got 5 boxes in and i scooped them up. The Baton Rouge, College Drive has a Federal sticker on the shelf but they were out. I asked why they only get a few boxes in at a time and they said they only get what will fit on the little slot on the shelf.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    I can tell yall that Gonzales store stocks the Federal. I was fortunate enough this week to stop in and the girl said they just got 5 boxes in and i scooped them up. The Baton Rouge, College Drive has a Federal sticker on the shelf but they were out. I asked why they only get a few boxes in at a time and they said they only get what will fit on the little slot on the shelf.

That has some merritt, but that's when you ask them if they have any in their DC and if they have any more coming to the store. If they can't answer that find someone who can or roll on to the next store. ;-p

bjinpass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    For those of you in South Mississippi, the Wal-Mart in Pass Christian HAD 4 boxes, a little while ago. They are now in my safe. The regular guy that works the counter was not even aware they had the Federal 100 packs and was astounded at the price. I asked him if he had them and he said no, but they were tucked in an unusual location and I spotted them and asked him to check the price. There was no price label on the shelf yet. He didn't know if they would get more.

They rang up at $25.97. A pretty good deal in this day and age.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    For those of you in South Mississippi, the Wal-Mart in Pass Christian HAD 4 boxes, a little while ago. They are now in my safe. The regular guy that works the counter was not even aware they had the Federal 100 packs and was astounded at the price. I asked him if he had them and he said no, but they were tucked in an unusual location and I spotted them and asked him to check the price. There was no price label on the shelf yet. He didn't know if they would get more.

They rang up at $25.97. A pretty good deal in this day and age.

Yes it is... I would say check back Monday or Tuesday and they should have another case come in if there was any left in the DC they pull from and of course if someone takes out the time to order it. From what I have gathered it seems like the orders for the ammo have to be placed and are not just automatically generated once all of a particular item gets sold out, I could be wrong.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom