What is the best plastic pistol out right now and why?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    I prefer in order my M&P's for comfort, next would be my Glock's, 30sf and 21. As far as the XD's i am sure they are good i just have 0 experiance with them, the shooters i know who have them seem to like them though.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Good luck finding retention holsters. You will have better luck with the P2000 LEM.

I got a P2000 holster by BLACKHAWK! its a serpa level 2. im filing it to fit my p30 right now. I kno i kno i coulda bought a serpa for my p30, but this was cheap and in front of my face.

its fits AS IS out of the box, but its just a tiny bit snug. I just want it to have no drag upon draw. I purchased the MOLLE adapter and will have this on a chest rig by 5.11 tactical.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    They have them but they aren't ever in stock anywhere and last time I checked weren't available with light. Ymmv.

I just got off the phone with a place where I ordered the last 6377 they had. I just received by invoice via email, and it will ship tomorrow.

Now I just need the gun...

JR1572

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    I have first hand knowledge that will not be the case. I think you will see him rolling an RMR equipped 19 before too long.

A true tactical elitist can't roll with glock!

I'm going to loan the primate my P30... Moments later the classifieds will be filled with glock 19s effectively flooding the market. The experts will call it "The Great Glock sell-off of 2011"... :fawk:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It will be a 17 because Safariland doesn't make a 19 holster for RMR equipped Glocks. The Serpa is bad. Like dangerous bad. I'll pass. JR you got lucky. I think before I go HK ill go all High Power just to be contrarian.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was in error on two items. One makes a huge difference and other somewhat.

The recoil spring in HK pistols have a 25,000 round life expectancy (though I'd not go that long)

And the USP45 and the HK45 (and presumably the 9mm and .40 caliber pistols) are good for 20,000 shots of +P ammo. It is the Mk23 that is good for 30,000 shots of +P.

So it appears that HK's "life" claims of "20,000 rounds" is based upon +P ammo. I've not tried to confirm this. Just noticing the verbiage from their documentation.

Top Bottom