What's up with these ricers??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    When I mean through the woods, it's more like:

9d862d83.jpg

:) :)

if you like rockin a "sedan" lol. I used to be into muddin, never got into trail riding, too much potential to damage expensive paint.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    There really needs to be more tracks around... or even a supervised stretch of road ? Sucks not being able to stretch my cars legs every once in a while.

That's why I sold my C6Z. Nowhere to actually enjoy it. The 370Z, I can safely enjoy to a bit more of its potential. That, and the interior isn't crap.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    That's why I sold my C6Z. Nowhere to actually enjoy it. The 370Z, I can safely enjoy to a bit more of its potential. That, and the interior isn't crap.

You mean c5z? haha.... I'll take the LS1 over just about anything out there.. Respond VERY well to mods.

chevy.jpg

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You mean c5z? haha.... I'll take the LS1 over just about anything out there.. Respond VERY well to mods.

chevy.jpg
    Never owned a c5, I drove a 2011 z06. I did have friends with c5's though, and my 370 feels very similar. Magazine numbers also agree with it being equal to them. I left my ls7 stock, but hear they like mods, too.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Ok........... you traded a 505hp, 11second, C6 Z06 for a 370z ? Sorry, C6 z06 is one of my dream cars. To each his own i guess

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Ok........... you traded a 505hp, 11second, C6 Z06 for a 370z ? Sorry, C6 z06 is one of my dream cars. To each his own i guess
    It was fun when you thrashed on it or bent into a corner with it, but the quality just wasn't there aside from the drive-line and suspension. My 370Z is a much much better car, if not as performance oriented. I traded a car that felt like a Cobalt 95% of the time and a rocket 5% of the time for a car that feels awesome 95% of the time and could use a little more oomph 5% of the time. Cut my note in half while I was at it. WIN!

It was a very sexy car, though, and I still don't see many others around like it:
    54u0t0.jpg

Traded for this (Half the price, 3X the compliments. I don't understand that, really, but kinda cool.):

wt69o0.jpg

I will say, every single person who has ridden in both cars says they would rather own my 370Z than my Z06, assuming they couldn't ever sell it/get trade-in on it. Guys (Even one guy who is a HUGE Viper fan/former vette owner), girls, everyone. Everyone except my Dad, who thinks its a better car, but has a soft spot for 'vettes because his first car was a 'vette.

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Lately I have been getting a rediculous amount of these little turbo nuts wanting to race their fart can cars, can someone please explain to me the reason behind this, they have to know they are going to get their ass beat by American Muscle every time, yet they keep doing it. Its like me pulling up along side John Force with a station wagon and reving the engine! Whoever it was in that supra tonight on I-10 , stick to racing hondas, or get alot bigger shot of nitrous. Sorry had to vent.

Not sure what your driving but if that Supra is done right, it'll give you a run for your money. Supra's are usually twin turbo inline 6's. The meaner ones are single turbo's.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I love my C6 and will keep it because it's paid for.

Next on the list is likely a GTR.

I've always wanted a Supra ever since my father had one when I was a kid. My wife wants a new Cherokee. Maybe the srt8 is a good compromise….

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I love my C6 and will keep it because it's paid for.

Next on the list is likely a GTR.

I've always wanted a Supra ever since my father had one when I was a kid. My wife wants a new Cherokee. Maybe the srt8 is a good compromise….

No experience with the GTR, or Supra, but the SRT Jeeps are awesome performers for their size, and launch like a bat out of hell! I passed on the GT-R because I like a manual, whether I shift like a pro or not, it's more fun. The MKIV will always be a classic.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I know of 3 cars in Laf that will put that SRT8 to shame

One being a SINGLE turbo Supra pushing 800, the second a Suby with methanol injection and quite a few mods, third a Z06 that needed to get custom axles made since it was breaking them due to the amount of torque at take off.

ALL are daily drivers from friends in the LAF area, SCARY cars to ride in. I rather walk to the gas station than ride with them

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Florida blvd between Sherwood n oneal used to be a good spot to let loose. Sounds like most of you guys are out of my league in the speed department. But with my stocks on I'm in the low 13s maybe high 12 on a cold night. Plenty fast enuff for a 4door car IMO.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344605946.211957.jpg

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I've been away from it for a long time, but I promise in my old stomping grounds, for every 5 fart canned ricers you'd see in Tampa/St. Pete, there was one that could walk 95% of the American cars in the conflagration.

That said, what little exposure I've had to the game around these parts, your assessment seems to be spot on.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Ride in mustang gt for crusin. When wanna go fast was the GSXR. Wouldn't even notice what was on 4 wheels at a red light. Glad it's gone though.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    This will be your first- and only- warning. You have been banned here before (and you know what for, so spare me that). Management allowed you back in; I cannot imagine why, given your history, but that isn't my decision to question. However, management is NOT happy with your sig line... lose it, immediately, or suffer the consequences. It is not something to be taken lightly and certainly is not appropriate for a what we are trying to re-establish here... a family-friendly board.

Ignore this (or get snarky with me) at your peril. If you want to discuss cars, etc., and there are other members willing to do so with you, have at it. Enjoy yourself. But know that we are watching you... closely.

Have a large day.

I didn't read his SIG line, and now that it's gone, I have some weird burning curiosity as to what was so offensive, and I wish I had read it. Maybe I have issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom