What's up with these ricers??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    I use to have a few fast imports. I've got an old vette now that's pushing 550hp, nothing big, but it's a fun little street car.

I just hop on my ZX10 when I want to go fast.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I didn't read his SIG line, and now that it's gone, I have some weird burning curiosity as to what was so offensive, and I wish I had read it. Maybe I have issues?

Some things are best left alone. Just learn that there are many mysteries in the universe.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No experience with the GTR, or Supra, but the SRT Jeeps are awesome performers for their size, and launch like a bat out of hell! I passed on the GT-R because I like a manual, whether I shift like a pro or not, it's more fun. The MKIV will always be a classic.

Agreed 100% on manuals. Every car I've had for the last decade has been a manual.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Phffft! I wanted to know what it said too. ;)

That was the quickest I've ever seen someone come and go on BS. :)

Oh wait… Plinky. It's coming back to me I think. Nope, probably not interested in his signature.
    That's why I'm interested. It's probably something bad about his arch nemesis nolacop

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Suffice it to say, going forward mods will not put up with anti-leo posts (a very subjective thing. One which the mods will use discretion with), ESPECIALLY anything insinuating violence towards leos. Action was taken and the matter seems to be taken care of for now.

Mods will also be cracking down on threads devolving into crap fests.

Lets drop it for now and get back to the discussion at hand.

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    ooook well that was surprising, my quote was a supreme court decision and now caselaw in all 50 states and that is found to be offensive by LEO's?? wow, ok then It is your board, so your rules. For the record I am FAR from anti-leo, so i would appreciate you following the same rules as you expect the rest of us to follow and not bash others without proper inforrmation. BTW my signature hasnt changed in over a year, odd that all of a sudden it is improper?

Now back to the discussion..

Looks like theres alot of HP junkies here, I agree there should be more places to let these things loose, Texas has a 2mile straight, but other than that , seems Bonneville is about it these days no?

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    I'd rather go to a real track. Not a drag strip. Drag racing just isn't that entertaining to me. Theres one at no problem raceway and the new track in N.O.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Florida blvd between Sherwood n oneal used to be a good spot to let loose. Sounds like most of you guys are out of my league in the speed department. But with my stocks on I'm in the low 13s maybe high 12 on a cold night. Plenty fast enuff for a 4door car IMO.
    View attachment 29246

Lambo-Doors-So-Played-Out.jpg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I use to have a few fast imports. I've got an old vette now that's pushing 550hp, nothing big, but it's a fun little street car.

I just hop on my ZX10 when I want to go fast.

I had a few fast cars/trucks, but the bikes always were more fun. My bone stock 2000 zx12r could run high 9s. I ran alot of stoplight races with that bike. Nothing could touch it, it just hooked up and went.

I do wish I had modded up my lightning more before I sold it. It was a DD, but it showed corvettes the taillights with regularity. I did have alot of civics and the like try to race me. I liked to stay even with them, smoking the tires the whole way, then let it hook and leave them in the smoke. Not much in the way of modded cars in the dell, and alot of ricer wannabes that think they have something. The money those guys spend on those cars blows my mind. About 1500 gets them an intake and an exhaust, and about 3hp. 1500 on the lightning would have put it at 450hp at the tires (6lb lower pulley, handheld with a dyno tune, ported blower, and plugs).

Now you guys have me wanting another fast car... Just not another mustake, I have had a dozen of them so far... Wanted a viper for a while, just for the looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom