Who camps/ RV's regularly?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Several times when I've gone camping I've been tempted to post that I was going to see who wanted to come join us. Then reality sets in and makes me realize that putting on the internet that my home is going to unoccupied is not a good thing.

So... who else is into camping? At least if someone onboard wanted to send out a future trip announcement one could pick who to invite...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I need to do a trip review for Desoto State Park (maybe tonight). This weekend I'm going to try to stop by to scout out Tickfaw S.P. I've camped there a few times but can never remember which sites are the better ones. Last time I was camped under a street light! Never again.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Always meet good folk at campgrounds . HOWEVER I don't stay at sleazy campgrounds, either state or national parks where there is security .

LIKE THIS THREAD .Haven't ever noticed it before.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I go camping at least once or twice a year, but I always head up to Arkansas when I do. I'm in love with the Ozarks.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    JFIP : Grandson and I went to G. Smokies , Caves Coves Nat. Park In Tn. June 2012. All primitive camping and limited gen. use for a/c, frige, lights . No showers but inside bathrooms. :doh:
    I am too old to go back to those days.

Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Waiting on cooler weather right now, beginning in October we usually go every other weekend. GF & I both retiring in November, so lots of 3 & 4 day trips coming up. We also usually camp with bro in law and friends (all retired firemen) several times a year.Just upgraded 24' fifth wheeler to 31' bumper pull, as hot as it is, we had to go try it out last weekend.

Are Y'all sure it's OK to post about camping in this astrology section? Don't want to upset them new mods.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    My wife and I travel as often as we can (not often enough to suit me) with our 26' trailer. I try to schedule our trips to attend a handgun silhouette match on each trip. We've attended matches as far away as Idaho, Colorado, and Arizona to the west and Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio to the northeast. Two weeks ago we shot in Mobile, AL.

Be aware that most RV parks don't allow firearms. Descretion is advised.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Do me a favor guys. Next time you go to a park take note of the site number and the site setup then post a review in the camping section. Sometimes getting the right space is as important as getting the right park.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I love to camp, just in more primitive areas than allowed around here. I like to go into the middle f nowhere, find a nice spot to pitch the tent, and just enjoy nature. Like where we go keeping in Sicily island, it's vpbasically camp anywhere in the park you want. No real dedicated areas you have to set up in

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I love to camp, just in more primitive areas than allowed around here. I like to go into the middle f nowhere, find a nice spot to pitch the tent, and just enjoy nature. Like where we go keeping in Sicily island, it's vpbasically camp anywhere in the park you want. No real dedicated areas you have to set up in

^This is the way I prefer to go, as well. My grandparents used to be all about the motorhome and going to nice campgrounds, but I prefer the middle of nowhere with no one else around. I have even designed my own "primitive" tent. It consists of a net hammock with a tarp tied above it. I love it because it keeps me warm, dry, and off the ground and I don't ever have to carry or set up any stinkin' poles.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Just rode west about 25 miles from Fountianblue S.P. to Fairvew S.P. on the Tchefuntia River on Hwy 22 . Nice looking park with plenty shade trees and a long walking/fishing
    pier runs with the river about 100 yds. There is also a fish cleaning area with fresh water on that pier . The negative for me would be the small and close spaces . I would have to go during the week when everyone else is working to get my rig in there.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    We camp somewhat often (6-10 times a year), but mostly in the travel trailer. We do still occasionally camp and a couple times a year we use my slide in truck camper. Mostly state parks though. Having cold air to sleep in when it is 100 degrees outside is nice!
    I did a lot of primative camping when I was younger, but I am getting lazy with age.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Camping setup #1:
    255615_1936660429108_1620282401_1907164_6635495_n-Copy.jpg

Camping setup #2:
    320133_2257879419382_1620282401_2224549_352560733_n.jpg

Dont have a pic of the tent setup, but you get the idea. Sometimes the tent is on my flatbed trailer too.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Just rode west about 25 miles from Fountianblue S.P. to Fairvew S.P. on the Tchefuntia River on Hwy 22 . Nice looking park with plenty shade trees and a long walking/fishing
    pier runs with the river about 100 yds. There is also a fish cleaning area with fresh water on that pier . The negative for me would be the small and close spaces . I would have to go during the week when everyone else is working to get my rig in there.

They are not small and close in the newer section by the water and pier; they are very tight in the front.

Top Bottom