Why is it so hard to sell an XD?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I've sold a few XDs on this site and every one of them took a while to sell...why is that? I like the gun and I only sell them because I have my eye on something else. Somehow,I always end up with an XD and if that's all I ever end up with...that's fine! But,when it comes to selling them...it's like pulling teeth! I always figured that the XD was part of the "Big 3" (Glock,M&P,XD) and of course,Glocks tend to win the popularity contest. M&Ps come in a shy 2nd and XDs always 3rd...at least IMO. Bash them all you want,they are still a favorite among poly gun shooters just like Glock and M&P. I don't know if there's a certain stigma about the XDs but I don't think I'll be selling them anymore. As a matter of fact,I might just pull my ad down unless a S&W K frame shows up!

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    i thought about selling mine for about a week. i couldnt do it. mine is strictly a night table gun because i know its reliable and i what ever im looking at its going to hit. being a 40 and sc its not a range gun by any means unless i find something that i really want and need money to get im keeping it.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I like my 9mm subcompact. :D

I think it may be simply that Glock is considered cool right now, but that will change whenever the next toy comes along. In the 70's It was 44 Mag. and .357, now it's Glock.:)

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I think of all the plastic people, the vast majority like Glocks, and the Glock plastic alternative would be the M&P line. After that, everyone else doesn't like plastic guns.

What's the caliber? If you're looking to sell a .40, good luck.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    XD's are fine pistols so I'm not sure why you have trouble selling them. Try the XD Forum's classified section. I have both an XD and Glock. I personally prefer the feel of the XD in my hand.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Keep in mind there has been a push lately to trash them as defensive weapons due to the bad design on the grip safety, anybody who is familiar with the platform should know what I am talking about, THAT being said I do still own and will continue to own 2 Xd's in my collection eventhough they are no longer carry guns they are great home defense guns, vehicle guns, range toys and until I am starving and cant afford the light bill they wont be up in the market.

Indeed I love the feel of the XD in my hand and I was a follower and believer for years until I meet the M&P line, lately the Glock idea has been growing on me just because of the Glock 19.

The XD is a good gun it would be an AWESOME gun if they would either drop the price OR drop the idea behind the grip safety (or change the design on it )

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    XD's are fine pistols so I'm not sure why you have trouble selling them. Try the XD Forum's classified section. I have both an XD and Glock. I personally prefer the feel of the XD in my hand.

X10!!
    I have a few XD's and also a few XDm's BUT I only have ONE Glock and it i a 19 BUT the 19 pretty much stays in the lock box! ;)

KT

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I bought a G19 cuz most people here said that everybody should own one . I am not impressed with it . I don't shoot it any better than my XD9 , and it doesn't feel as comfortable as my XD . The grip safety on the XD is a non issue . If my hand is anywhere near the damn thing , it will function . I don't know where the rust hysteria comes from either . Haven't seen any yet , nor has my son with his XDM . It's fashionable to bash XD's , and to own a Glock . That's just the way it is . Flame away ...

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    My XD9 has been up for sale for a month now with no serious takers. If it doesn't sell by this weekend,it stays with me. I have no problems keeping it. I'll just have to save up for my other interest instead of selling this one to fund another gun. You absolutely would have to have weak as hell hands to not activate the grip safety on the XD so to me,it's a non issue. I like the feel of it over the Glock 19. It's really just a personal prefference thing.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I like the XD better than Glock, but the XDs don't really have US LEO support like the other two do and there is not as much aftermarket support for them.

I think this site is very heavy pro-Glock too so there isn't as much interest in it.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    I'll agree with what's above. It would have to be a really good deal for me to jump out there and buy a handgun that I wasn't really specifically looking for. As far as the XD thing goes, I already own a Glock and decided to go Sig this last time because I basically didn't need two very similar guns.

The type of guy I am, if I'm not going to save a couple hundred on it, I'd rather just buy it new. (of course, unless it's no longer made, then that's another issue)
    ~rc~

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The rust issues DID indeed develop in the HS200 (Hrvatski Samokres (1999)) and in the early versions of what we know now as SA XD (2002), the issue was actually the temperature at which they were doing the nitriding process of the Tennifer Finish, once they made the upgrade they changed the name to Teniffer Plus + which is what comes on the newer models and the reasson why they tend to be a little more rust proof.

Top Bottom