Why is it so hard to sell an XD?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have owned and recommend new buyers of polymer pistols to try Glock, M&P and XD/XDM and buy what works best for THEM, not what I prefer.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I currently own a XD45, a M&P45 and a few glocks. I would have to say I love my xd45 the best just the overall feel of it is good. I don't love any of them more than the other because I'm not a brand whore. I love all firearms. Dammit I just like things that go BANG! I would like a XDM in a 9mm :D

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I currently own a XD45, a M&P45 and a few glocks. I would have to say I love my xd45 the best just the overall feel of it is good. I don't love any of them more than the other because I'm not a brand whore. I love all firearms. Dammit I just like things that go BANG! I would like a XDM in a 9mm :D

+1 on all accounts. I'm defintely looking HARD at the XDM Compact in 9mm.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I think the Glock vs. other guns debate is like the MAC vs. PC debate...

mac-vs-pc-packing-heat.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It used to be that the XD was the only viable alternative for people that didn't like Glocks.
    Then came the M&P. Which is a better gun than the XD in my (and many, many others') opinion. The XD just has no role left to fill, except for folks that are silly enough to think that a grip safety is a good thing. On top of that, most people in the market for an XD will go for the XDm. No demand
    = harder to sell.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I think people see the case with the holster and mag holders and see two piece of crap items they don't want to pay for. I think springfield would do well to keep it gun and 2 mags and drop price 75-100 bucks. That being said I love my xd9 4 and I think of it as my poor mans sig. out of the plastic guns it feels most like a sig even more so then the 2022 or the 250. I do like the 2022 but it has it's own feel. But yeah I think the extra crap seems to make it feel your paying for what stuff that will stay in the case and get tossed in the closet so you can go spend more money on holster worth a damn

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I think people see the case with the holster and mag holders and see two piece of crap items they don't want to pay for. I think springfield would do well to keep it gun and 2 mags and drop price 75-100 bucks. That being said I love my xd9 4 and I think of it as my poor mans sig. out of the plastic guns it feels most like a sig even more so then the 2022 or the 250. I do like the 2022 but it has it's own feel. But yeah I think the extra crap seems to make it feel your paying for what stuff that will stay in the case and get tossed in the closet so you can go spend more money on holster worth a damn

They probably have no more than $10 invested in the extras in the box from Croatia.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So much for that , eh ?
    Some folks just can't help themselves.

See below; (as if his gun of choice is an American Made / American Owned), he can't help but throw in the Croatia comment. I mean someone had to say it right :rolleyes:

They probably have no more than $10 invested in the extras in the box from Croatia.

At least Springfield Inc. is an American Company though right?

I mean why else would he throw in the Croatia comment?
    oups-pardon-9877.gif
    Does it feel good to say it? :mamoru:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    See below; (as if his gun of choice is an American Made / American Owned), he can't help but throw in the Croatia comment. I mean someone had to say it right :rolleyes:

At least Springfield Inc. is an American Company though right?

I mean why else would he throw in the Croatia comment?
    oups-pardon-9877.gif
    Does it feel good to say it? :mamoru:

Because these parts are made much cheaper in Croatia VS US. How can you not understand this?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    In all my semi biased fairness,I do prefer the XD over the other 2 (Glock,M&P). I like XD simply because it feels the best and I shoot it better than the other 2...that's it. Grip safety or not or taller slide or whatever the case may be,it's an excellent gun. Reasonably concealable and as accurate as the shooter is. I don't hate any guns but I do have my preferrences. I could live with either one that's in my hand and learn how to shoot it in less than a box of ammo but certain "creature comforts" tend to sway my decisions other than popularity. I've had all three and they are all excellent in their own right. Like I said...personal preferrence. I tend to believe that popularity and media tend to have an influence in the success of one gun and the anonimity of another. Almost every gun has it's pros and cons,it's what you can live with that matters.

+1 Good post.

Because these parts are made much cheaper in Croatia VS US. How can you not understand this?

I understand, just jackin with ya. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom