Why is it so hard to sell an XD?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I bought a G19 cuz most people here said that everybody should own one . I am not impressed with it . I don't shoot it any better than my XD9 , and it doesn't feel as comfortable as my XD . The grip safety on the XD is a non issue . If my hand is anywhere near the damn thing , it will function . I don't know where the rust hysteria comes from either . Haven't seen any yet , nor has my son with his XDM . It's fashionable to bash XD's , and to own a Glock . That's just the way it is . Flame away ...

Let me know if you want to trade. I'll trade you a xd9 for you g19 and match you mag for mag

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    You package is a reasonable to good deal, but my observation is people don't buy packages.

Drop it to $400 and sell the holster separately.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    My problem with the XD is that while it came out 15 years after the Glock, it really offered no significant improvement over the design.

I think it was maybe LSP972 who said in a post some time back that when the XD was the HS2000 and was MSRP'd at less than $400, it was a good deal.

But suddenly when it became the XD it was priced the same as the Glock, it just really wasn't such a big deal anymore.

Plus, its my opinion that the slide is needlessly too tall and doesn't conceal well.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have had all three and I personally prefer the Glocks. I like the M&P but not too fond of the trigger. I have the XD 45 and like it but my XD 9 jammed up too much for my liking. I would not hesitate to buy any of the three again though....However; if I bought another XD9 and it jammed up a bunch im done with them.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The economy is still slow too. Guns don't seem to sell like they used to. The market might be a bit saturated.

I was told this by a few gun dealers at a show a while back when I was thinking of trading in an XD-45 compact.....

Dono

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Walker
    My personal opinion, is that Springfield is an american sell out company...They take the US logo grips and put them on guns not made in the US...The XD started life as a HS2000 made in Croatia, and did well so Springfield took advantage and created the XD line. Glock is an import, and doesnt try to hide behind or use our flag to sell there guns...I find it funny when I see a Springfield Armory T-shirt thats reads USA proud and protecting our 2nd...I could go on and on about this subject...XD's are not bad guns, it just rubs me wrong.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My personal opinion, is that Springfield is an american sell out company...They take the US logo grips and put them on guns not made in the US...The XD started life as a HS2000 made in Croatia, and did well so Springfield took advantage and created the XD line.
    What are you talking about ? XD's don't have US logo " grips " . And explain what you mean by " Springfield took advantage ... "

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Keep in mind ya'll,this thread wasn't supposed to be a pissing match between XD vs Glock and M&P,but merely an inquiry about why XDs sell so slowly nowadays.

Dono

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Walker
    What are you talking about ? XD's don't have US logo " grips " . And explain what you mean by " Springfield took advantage ... "

US Logo's or on Some of the Springfield 1911's that are not made in the US...Im not knockin the XD or Springfield...I just think if you gonna wave an American Flag you should atleast make an American product. I have many guns that are made in other countries, but none of them boast the American pride like Springfield does...I find abunch of companies do this now.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I have NO clue either the sign clearly says "Springfield Armory Since 1794" and on the XD is a combination of that and "HS Product Karlovac" with CROATIA underneath it, at least on my 2 xd's thats what they have.

20o8nbdx9oims3blaw8.jpg

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Dono , I will be happy to argue with you in a seperate thread , but right now I'm going to respect the OP's request . Feel free to create another thread and attempt to prove your point .

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    In all my semi biased fairness,I do prefer the XD over the other 2 (Glock,M&P). I like XD simply because it feels the best and I shoot it better than the other 2...that's it. Grip safety or not or taller slide or whatever the case may be,it's an excellent gun. Reasonably concealable and as accurate as the shooter is. I don't hate any guns but I do have my preferrences. I could live with either one that's in my hand and learn how to shoot it in less than a box of ammo but certain "creature comforts" tend to sway my decisions other than popularity. I've had all three and they are all excellent in their own right. Like I said...personal preferrence. I tend to believe that popularity and media tend to have an influence in the success of one gun and the anonimity of another. Almost every gun has it's pros and cons,it's what you can live with that matters.

Last edited:

Dono

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Walker
    CUJOHUNTER I agree I think all 3 are very good guns...I have owned all 3 and I personally shot the XD better than Glock...Im not bashin any gun...I was just making a statement about the company who imports that firearm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom