4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I do like the comments about not arguing with a known armed person on the side if the road. I have witnessed countless LEO shoot someone for arguing. Better play it safe.

MOTOR51

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I do like the comments about not arguing with a known armed person on the side if the road. I have witnessed countless LEO shoot someone for arguing. Better play it safe.

MOTOR51
    Yea, the recurring theme of "someone with a gun" in the context is rather surprising for people on a gun ownership based forum...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I am a strong believer that these checkpoints are unconstitutional, but at the same time there is no reason to be a dick to the officers. All of my cop buddies are on the same page. They think the checkpoints should be illegal and they hate working them. Fighting out the legality of a checkpoint on the street with a guy at the absolute bottom of the decision making line is only going to waste his time and yours. I here all the time how cops treat young people way differently, but I am 20 years old and every run in (except one) I have had with police has ended with me thanking them and them telling me to be safe and have a great day.
    If you go to the Blaze's website they question whether this was intentionally planned by the kid or not...all I have to say is setting up a camera to have a perfect view of the window like that is not easy and I do not know anyone personally who rides around with a camera pointed in that direction all the time. So yes, it was most likely planned.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Is amusing.
    The same people that hate and fight these checkpoints would be so upset if this happened;

Cop: can I see your DL and have you been drinking?
    Driver: am I being detained? What law...
    Cop: have a good night sir

Driver leaves and strikes another vehicle, killing a mother and her two kids or a college kid leaving from work.

(Uninformed and not present at the check point)
    Anti-checkpointers: what the ****!! that cop didn't do his job!? He let the guy go right through the checkpoint and didn't even check him!! Fire him. Sue him!

Does this sound familiar?
    I'm sure every policeman sets out at night to danger in hopes of violating as many rights as possible.

God guys! Your as bad as little Wayne stomping the flag, trampling all these people's rights!

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Is amusing.
    The same people that hate and fight these checkpoints would be so upset if this happened;

Cop: can I see your DL and have you been drinking?
    Driver: am I being detained? What law...
    Cop: have a good night sir

Driver leaves and strikes another vehicle, killing a mother and her two kids or a college kid leaving from work.

(Uninformed and not present at the check point)
    Anti-checkpointers: what the ****!! that cop didn't do his job!? He let the guy go right through the checkpoint and didn't even check him!! Fire him. Sue him!

Does this sound familiar?
    I'm sure every policeman sets out at night to danger in hopes of violating as many rights as possible.

God guys! Your as bad as little Wayne stomping the flag, trampling all these people's rights!

I think it's more that some of them, not all, have a skewed view of things and the internet gives them i-courage.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Austin what you outlined is the issue. The issue isn't the law, its the people who are willing to enforce it all while they feel it is illegal and question its morality/constitutionality.
    And it doesn't matter if it was "set-up" or not, he outlines a problem. Now if he actually feels the passion for liberty as he says he does, or its just a play to get a video up... that's a different story. When it gets to a point where some random PD gets out of a cruiser in front of your home and demands ID of you or entry into the house, yall will sing a different song I'm sure.

He outlined a big picture issue, simple as that. Being a LEO that thinks they should be illegal while still conducting them is a larger problem than the law. The old term, "I was ordered to" shouldn't and wont stand.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Dishonored - really? Guess we can pin rapes on LEO who are doing #2 on duty? Or Murders that happen while they are eating? Enforcing a illegal law, or allowing one without question bc it may save someone is a lame excuse. Likewise, what will you do when it gets so bad you can randomly be demanded to provide ID in your front yard just bc?

The last DUI checkpoint I saw had over 15 cars parked, more than 30 officers. Do you know how many miles of roadway could have been patrolled over the course of the 3 hours?

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Just a snippet to see how this was found to be okay. I don't particularly like how this was reasoned. The intrusion (infringement?) is slight, so it's okay. What if that same rational was applied to firearms?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/historics/USSC_CR_0496_0444_ZO.html

No one can seriously dispute the magnitude of the drunken driving problem or the States' interest in eradicating it. Media reports of alcohol-related death and mutilation on the Nation's roads are legion. The anecdotal is confirmed by the statistical. "Drunk drivers cause an annual death toll of over 25,000[] and in the same time span cause nearly one million personal injuries and more than five billion dollars in property damage." 4 W. LaFave, Search and Seizure: A Treatise on the Fourth Amendment § 10.8(d), p. 71 (2d ed. 1987). For decades, this Court has "repeatedly lamented the tragedy." South Dakota v. Neville, 459 U.S. 553, 558 (1983); see Breithaupt v. Abram, 352 U.S. 432, 439 (1957) ("The increasing slaughter on our highways . . . now reaches the astounding figures only heard of on the battlefield").

Conversely, the weight bearing on the other scale -- the measure of the intrusion on motorists stopped briefly at sobriety checkpoints -- is slight. We reached a similar conclusion as to the intrusion on motorists subjected to a brief stop at a highway checkpoint for detecting illegal aliens. See Martinez-Fuerte, supra, at 558. We see virtually no difference between the levels of intrusion on law-abiding motorists [p452] from the brief stops necessary to the effectuation of these two types of checkpoints, which to the average motorist would seem identical save for the nature of the questions the checkpoint officers might ask. The trial court and the Court of Appeals, thus, accurately gauged the "objective" intrusion, measured by the duration of the seizure and the intensity of the investigation, as minimal. See 170 Mich.App. at 444, 429 N.W.2d at 184.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Just a snippet to see how this was found to be okay. I don't particularly like how this was reasoned. The intrusion (infringement?) is slight, so it's okay. What if that same rational was applied to firearms?

This is exactly what they are trying to do with firearms.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Dishonored - really? Guess we can pin rapes on LEO who are doing #2 on duty? Or Murders that happen while they are eating? Enforcing a illegal law, or allowing one without question bc it may save someone is a lame excuse. Likewise, what will you do when it gets so bad you can randomly be demanded to provide ID in your front yard just bc?

The last DUI checkpoint I saw had over 15 cars parked, more than 30 officers. Do you know how many miles of roadway could have been patrolled over the course of the 3 hours?

The first part falls back to pick your battles dude. Come on now, lets not embellish. No one is gonna be in your front yard demanding an ID over night.

Hey you know what if you don't like what they do then sign up buddy boy. Make change and stand up for what you preach. How much road you could patrol in 3 hours....

Be the first! Make a difference!
    http://youtu.be/Q6yFXY9JqEo

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    I feel sorry for the younger generation every time I see morons acting like this guy did in the video. I feel more sorry for the country since these types of people could easily be our future leaders. More and more...I see the theme of the movie idiocracy coming true.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I feel sorry for the younger generation every time I see morons acting like this guy did in the video. I feel more sorry for the country since these types of people could easily be our future leaders. More and more...I see the theme of the movie idiocracy coming true.

I know. I wonder who is raising them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom