Are we going to see a hurricane in a couple days?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    More like a Dumbash. Just watch & let somebody else jump in to help.
    Miles is the dude that saved the person in the truck. He lives near by, saw it on the news, and walked out to help. The video is clipped to only show the saving part. I watched it live. Cop was parked in the lane leading to the underpass, man in truck goes in the WRONG lane of traffic and slowly drives his way into the water (I'm talking crawl). The news person has no idea what's going on, he's like what is this truck doing, OMG it's going in the water, and he runs to the cop car and tells the cop. Cop doesn't go help. They continue to film, talk about this is why you shouldn't be out in the road. They still wonder what's going on with the cop not leaving the car. Car slowly drifts deeper and deeper, news guy mentions the cop probably can't go in unless the conditions are safe for them also! then Miles comes out of no where.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Seems to have quieted down here in Northern EBR Parish . Still raining . A lot of trees and limbs down and power outages .
    As I type this I heard a big gust of wind . I guess she ain't quite done .
    my neighbors tree branch is partially broken and hitting the column of my back patio. should I leave it and deal with it in the morning or take cut it now b/c it can cause damage?

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Miles is the dude that saved the person in the truck.
    Now I understand. Sorry. The news guy & the cop suck.
    I remember a news crew was at Tulane & Carrollton when an old lady drove around a NOPD cop. She was floating in the water that filled the Carrollton underpass. The Cop wadded to the car & carried the old lady out of the water without blinking an eye. He received an award for saving her life. Mile should get an award too.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Now I understand. Sorry. The news guy & the cop suck.
    I remember a news crew was at Tulane & Carrollton when an old lady drove around a NOPD cop. She was floating in the water that filled the Carrollton underpass. The Cop wadded to the car & carried the old lady out of the water without blinking an eye. He received an award for saving her life. Mile should get an award too.
    He's also humble, news guy stopped him after the rescue, and he just said my name is miles, I'm an ER nurse and saving people is just what we do. and walked off. Come to find out he cut his hand/finger saving the guy, so went home to wrap it up. News guy 30 minutes later showed up on his door step to talk to him.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I lost power about 2000 hrs. Started the generator. Sitting in the AC watching TV right now.

I lost a hibiscus tree that survived every hurricane since I move into this house, including Katrina.

Other than the hibiscus tragedy, all is well. Sipping coffee and watching the weather weasels.

We had a bit over 10" of rain, here, according to my gauge.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My power failed at about 4pm yesterday when a transformer blew. Here on the outskirts of Hammond it bees that way. Threw in two window units and was watching New Orleans TV by 7 after I relished in the last of the hot water. Ate a fat rib eye chargrilled to perfection. Slept like a baby to the hum of the Generac and the window unit.
    Don’t even look like I have any cleanup to do today. Just waiting on Entergy to come fix this line. They should be embarrassed.
    Mark another one in the book.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My neighbors tree branch snapped and is dangling on my rear patio, besides that, nothing much. Trash came by at 7am this morning to pick up our garbage. All the neighbors hearing the truck ran out to put out their cans all at the same time. Many of which didn't pull it out on time.

Top Bottom