Chick Fillet Boycott Report

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I think the rights of the minority seem to outweigh the rights of the majority because we stopped teaching religion and the Constitution in our schools. We have allowed our country to be run by feel good politicians under the cloak of "democracy". Few people understand that our democratic government is a Republic, not a democracy. I cringe every time I hear someone talk about democracy because I know they are talking through ignorance.
    Once we have elevated our society to a point that individual rights equal the rights of the majority we have then set up a form of government that is anarcist in it's very nature. Our founders were wise enough to create a system of majority rule (a Republic) with out outwardly tramping the rights of a minority as long as that minority was not destructive in it's political nature.
    We can all peacfully co exist, but our laws must be followed and those laws must be based on a moral code that is consistant with the majority of citizens. I believe religion is absolutely critical to the operations of any government while at the same time it is absolutely critical that government does not corrupt the morality of a church by creating and enforcing laws that are contrary to church doctrine.
    It truly saddens me to see the state of our nation. I have made it my goal to study it's laws and history, to obeys all laws that are not contrary to the will of God, to financially support the church through tithes and offerings,support the Jewish people who I believe are the chosen of God, to defend the Constitution with all that I can. The scriptures teach that we all fall short of the glory of God and a Leonidas pointed out we are living under grace which benefits us mere gentiles because it exempts us from living under the law, but it does not allow us to violate it.
    We can freely choose to obey whatever god we choose or serve no god at all. If we choose to follow the scriptures then we must do so with all our hearts, soul and body as required. To do anything else would violate His word. We can do this because God created us a creatures of choice (free will) and the Constitution of the United States of America and the Declaration of Independence gave us the civil right to do so. Our founders declared these rights to be "...truths to be self evident...and "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."
    As with all things are rights are not free and they are not all encompassing. We should hold them dear and defend them with all that we have. If these rights are contrary to a select group or faction then fight for change. You have that right also. You don't have the right to do so by slander, disruption or chaos.
    But...I could be wrong.

th_LIKE.png

RisingRebel

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette Louisiana
    Marriage is and always will be an institution of the church. It is, and should be, up to the church whether or not they will allow gay marriages. If they allow it, then the state that church resides in should be required to honor it if they are honoring any marriages.

Civil unions are a matter of the state and if the state rules that civil unions among gays is legal, then they have all the rights of married people in the eyes of the government.

It is SO STUPID that gay people insist on being accepted into a religion that doesn't agree with their views. It's so arrogant to say anyone else HAS TO accept me and all of my beliefs because otherwise they are close-minded and hateful.

Leave marriages to be regulated by the church. If the church decides to honor gay marriage, then there ya go. If not, then it's up to the state to decide if they will allow civil unions.

The fact that someone had the integrity to be straight-forward about their views, however unpopular, should be praised.

There is no easy way to put this but if you believe in "the church" then you believe in the Bible and it has long since been decided what the Bible supports. If a church decides to change the rules then the church is not a Christian church anymore. It can call itself what ever it wants to but it isn't Christian.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Chick-Fil-A - good service, good food, good people. My money is well spent there and will continue to be.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So I wonder if it's dawned on the Career Activists and enlightened college idiots yet that Dan Cathy is laughing his ass off at them right now?? :rofl::bowrofl::rofl:

chick_fil_a1.jpg

Last edited:

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    yes, what thing can you do to tell a person you want to spend the rest of your life with? i say giving up your virginity would be the highest tier thing on the list of covenant related practices..

thats pretty cool, I will not say I am surprised. Pray the Gay away, now with virgins.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    They are executin their right to protest and boycott. When the Dixie Chick broad shot her mouth off she was boycotted. It's the same thing. I don't think enlightenment has much to do with it.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Any body Going to eat at chic fil a tomorrow for he gay in day? Im thinking about going to see if theynhave any hot chicks making out. With my luck though it will be nothing but ugly ones

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Their lemonade is good. So are their milk shakes. I like their fries and I'm not really a fry nut but that seems to be a personal choice (waffle fries).

I think the bigger issue is that chic fila is a Catholic company. They don't open, and never have opened, on Sundays. They openly say its for religious reasons. The liberals don't like that. They found a comment to stir up their fan base with. Plus it gets attention off the Obama 'you didn't make that business' comment.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I was in Gulfport for lunch yesterday at Chick-Fe-La with long lines at 2 p.m. It felt good to make my statement that I agree that the C.E.O. of that company could speak his mind.
    I believe Obama started this Nationaly when he " I support Gay marriage ".That was wrong as being the President of this nation, in a political arena .So I suppose I early voted with my statement yesterday.

This was going on long before Obama became president.

As far as Dan Cathy, whoever was interviewing him had an idea about his background and knew what his stance would be. That reporter knew it would make a splash and asked hoping Cathy would answer with what Cathy believed. He was right and it made a huge splash. Obama has NOTHING to do with this.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    There is no easy way to put this but if you believe in "the church" then you believe in the Bible and it has long since been decided what the Bible supports. If a church decides to change the rules then the church is not a Christian church anymore. It can call itself what ever it wants to but it isn't Christian.

The whole premise of Chrisianity is based on not doing what the word of God says and being forgiven for our sinful ways. If what you say is true, any time you do something contrary to the word of God, you are no longer a Christian.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Their lemonade is good. So are their milk shakes. I like their fries and I'm not really a fry nut but that seems to be a personal choice (waffle fries).

I think the bigger issue is that chic fila is a Catholic company. They don't open, and never have opened, on Sundays. They openly say its for religious reasons. The liberals don't like that. They found a comment to stir up their fan base with. Plus it gets attention off the Obama 'you didn't make that business' comment.

S. Truett Cathy (the company founder) is a Southern Baptist.... I assume his son (Dan Cathy) is, but he could be Catholic (I highly doubt it).

The official company stance on the "closed on Sundays" isn't absolutely religious, but I'm sure it is inspired by it. It's intended to ensure their work force gets a day off to spend with their families. They definitely don't openly say it is for religious reasons, but most people assume it.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I think the rights of the minority seem to outweigh the rights of the majority because we stopped teaching religion and the Constitution in our schools. We have allowed our country to be run by feel good politicians under the cloak of "democracy". Few people understand that our democratic government is a Republic, not a democracy. I cringe every time I hear someone talk about democracy because I know they are talking through ignorance.
    Once we have elevated our society to a point that individual rights equal the rights of the majority we have then set up a form of government that is anarcist in it's very nature. Our founders were wise enough to create a system of majority rule (a Republic) with out outwardly tramping the rights of a minority as long as that minority was not destructive in it's political nature.
    We can all peacfully co exist, but our laws must be followed and those laws must be based on a moral code that is consistant with the majority of citizens. I believe religion is absolutely critical to the operations of any government while at the same time it is absolutely critical that government does not corrupt the morality of a church by creating and enforcing laws that are contrary to church doctrine.
    It truly saddens me to see the state of our nation. I have made it my goal to study it's laws and history, to obeys all laws that are not contrary to the will of God, to financially support the church through tithes and offerings,support the Jewish people who I believe are the chosen of God, to defend the Constitution with all that I can. The scriptures teach that we all fall short of the glory of God and a Leonidas pointed out we are living under grace which benefits us mere gentiles because it exempts us from living under the law, but it does not allow us to violate it.
    We can freely choose to obey whatever god we choose or serve no god at all. If we choose to follow the scriptures then we must do so with all our hearts, soul and body as required. To do anything else would violate His word. We can do this because God created us a creatures of choice (free will) and the Constitution of the United States of America and the Declaration of Independence gave us the civil right to do so. Our founders declared these rights to be "...truths to be self evident...and "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."
    As with all things are rights are not free and they are not all encompassing. We should hold them dear and defend them with all that we have. If these rights are contrary to a select group or faction then fight for change. You have that right also. You don't have the right to do so by slander, disruption or chaos.
    But...I could be wrong.

In this country, rights are the same for everybody.

The majority does rule this country. The problem is, you think you are in the majority..... you may not be.... at least on every issue. I think most people assume most others think the same way they do. They don't, but most people make that assumption that the brain's of others work like theirs.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I think the bigger issue is that chic fila is a Catholic company.

You'll need to back that up.

Plus it gets attention off the Obama 'you didn't make that business' comment.

Now you're on to something. Throw the whole thing back in the liberals face with Ob@#$'s logic. The Cathy family didn't build this company, the government did. So the offending characteristics must be of their own making. They're just like the loonie bin residents cutting themselves with razor blades. :rofl::rofl: They did it to themselves and don't even know it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom