CHP no longer required for veterans on August 1st

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    It's Constitutional Carry for Veterans...can't wait until the rest of us can achieve this status. I'm not certain of the current cost structure, but I believe it would be better for Seniors and Vets to be able to get the actual permit at no cost for reciprocity reasons.

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    Merely being an honorably discharged veteran doesn't mean someone is proficient and responsible enough to carry a handgun. The military is as diverse as non military society is. There's those with firearms experience and others who have little to none. It all depends on what you did when you were in.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Merely being an honorably discharged veteran doesn't mean someone is proficient and responsible enough to carry a handgun. The military is as diverse as non military society is. There's those with firearms experience and others who have little to none. It all depends on what you did when you were in.

You are correct but neither does the CC class. This seems to be a way of saying thank you for serving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Retired LEO have been able to carry without a permit since Bush the second. Just have to qualify once a year.

Yes sir, hopefully I can retire sooner that later and take advantage of that lol

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    non vets are being denied free no taxation no paper work concealed carry

3e3582ab00abe51c1a839aba914a1aed.jpg

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    We had a dude in my infantry unit that we wouldn't give live ammo to when we went to the range

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I totally respect our veterans and active duty members of the military, but could this be a possible 14th amendment issue? Are non-veterans being denied certain rights and privileges under the law, without due process, that are being extended to others under the law?
    I understand what you are saying, but I gave 14 hard years to the US Army and civilians didn’t. Yea i think I deserve more than a normal citizen. I did at some of the lowest pay rates available in our economy. Not knocking regular citizens, but I went to War 2 times in the desert and learned things most if not the majority of civilians will never experience…. Ok I’ll stop lol… I love all of God’s people, but I’m going to say none of us need permission from man to do what God gave us the right to do. But the Bible tells us to follow the law of the land…. So there’s that…. Ok let’s get this conversation rolling. I’m sure I have lit some fires with this one lol…

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    We had a dude in my infantry unit that we wouldn't give live ammo to when we went to the range
    In basic we had this guy who had two training grenades blow in his hand. Once in the fox hole... Push pull pin.. Let go over lever but didn't throw it... Just held it.

Next time was during the course.. We were all specifically told "DO NOT PICK UP A GRENADE IF DROP IT.... just get out the way."

What does he do twice? Drops two grenades and picks them both up.. I was behind him on one of them. I yelled to him to leave it alone and move... Dude was just not right in the head when it came to **** like that. Outside of all that.. A great person to talk to and hang out with.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I understand what you are saying, but I gave 14 hard years to the US Army and civilians didn’t. Yea i think I deserve more than a normal citizen. I did at some of the lowest pay rates available in our economy. Not knocking regular citizens, but I went to War 2 times in the desert and learned things most if not the majority of civilians will never experience…. Ok I’ll stop lol… I love all of God’s people, but I’m going to say none of us need permission from man to do what God gave us the right to do. But the Bible tells us to follow the law of the land…. So there’s that…. Ok let’s get this conversation rolling. I’m sure I have lit some fires with this one lol…
    My man I’m going to be straight up with you. No one owes you anything for your service. You are no better than the next man because of it. You weren’t forced to serve you chose to serve. I’m a veteran myself and have many of friends and family that are also veterans. You’re the first I’ve come across that feels like you’re owed more than what you agreed to for your service.

Sapper

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    think its one small step for man, but a huge dump on man kind if that makes sense....

its a constitutional right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed... every law abiding citizens should have that right, not just active or retired military...
    I see law abiding citizen used often, even by SCOTUS recently. Remember it’s a human right, regardless of law abiding or if you are a citizen or not. Felons should get their rights back after service. As a matter of fact it used to be that way by default in the US until very recent times. Immigrants should be allowed weapons as well. Dangerous freedom!

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    My man I’m going to be straight up with you. No one owes you anything for your service. You are no better than the next man because of it. You weren’t forced to serve you chose to serve. I’m a veteran myself and have many of friends and family that are also veterans. You’re the first I’ve come across that feels like you’re owed more than what you agreed to for your service.
    Wow what a complete tool answer. I never said I deserved anything more than anyone else. I was simply implying my trading surpasses a regular citizen. I don’t know what type of service you were in, it’s a sacrifice that we chose to take to serve our country. Yes I did volunteer for the first 10 years of my service, but my entire command was stoplossed and sent overseas. Which was an honor to do, but it was not a choice. I don’t know you from the next green guy, but you seem like one of those sour soldiers that wasn’t happy with their service. It’s cool though. I know many veterans who served on Teams that well deserve way more than any civilian who just collects a paycheck and doesn’t contribute to the freedoms of this country. I’m pretty offended that you try to call me out here. What kind of blue falcon are you? I would never say anything like that to any Veteran who sacrificed normality in life. It’s cool man, have a blessed night. Thank you for your service….

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom