Couldn't jail him so now those loser dirtbags are trying to assassinate him!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks for this post that reveals a lot of anomalies counter to common sense in executive protection - to even neophytes like me. The whole thing really stinks - this was not in an urban environment with multi hi-rise vantage points. A relatively open field of view- less than 200 yds from the dais, a low eave height, low-slope prefab metal bldg as a sniper position??!! No drones?? Overlooked/ignored/ordered?? A guy observed and reported to police carrying a rifle and a ladder to access the position?? Video of USSS counter- snipers scoping said person in position +/- 40 seconds before the shots??
    Are we all really stupid/psycho-conspiracy nuts as broad-brush painted by the Damnocraps and their mean screen media?
    Who commands and controls the USSS? Are they under the same yoke and of the same ilk as the once vaunted FBI??
    Has another agency been weaponized??
    Responding to the underlined section of the above -

Drones: We don't know that there were no drones. Drones are not infallible and rely on folks looking at the screens.

Carrying ladder: We don't even know that he used the ladder to get up the building. No news station or source has reported that the shooter carried the ladder there himself. It's equally possible that the police left the ladder there for local LE who were supposed to be on the roof.

There is no video or evidence that the SS CS guys even saw the guy before shots were fired. Without a doubt we know, from video footage, that the shooter was on the other side of the roof where he would have been invisible to the counter snipers. We don't know how long he was peaking over the peak of the roof where his line of sight allowed him a shot at the President.

Speculating on the internet and spewing fake news, like the above, doesn't help anyone.

This was a total cluster FK! Shooter within a 8 iron on a white roof. Witnesses telling LEO about him. The counter snipers looking dead at the shooter…come on man!! This doesn’t take a tier one unit to secure the area. Doesn’t get much easier. White roof…total failure or the powers that be let the shooter get shots off before erasing any culpability.
    Man, I wish I could hit an 8 iron that far....
    ,thperez1972, Does Blackwater still use the Shoot House and Range closest to it at the BR/EBRSO Range?
    Blackwater got in hot water back in like '08 or so. It's been acquired a few times and ultimately merged with Triple Canopy in the mid 20-teens.
    Damn damn damn…
    SS Sniper couldn’t get the green light from top brass for 3 whole minutes?

Does anyone seriously believe this?

If a potential bad-actor is pointing a rifle in the direction of a protectee, they're getting shot. The only somewhat plausible scenario is that the USSS CS guys saw a glimpse of the guy on the roof and though he was local LE that may or may not were supposed to be up there.

The whole idea that they watched a guy pointing a rifle at Trump for a long period of time is just ridiculous.
    lol the 4chan post talked about watching him adjust his scope, even though it was verified that the shooter only had iron sights
    Who verified that the rifle only had iron sights?

Ok, so, video evidence of the SS focused directly on the shooter before he started shooting. He then got off 5 shots before a round was sent his way. I understand the shooter approached from the other side of the ridge but he was over the top with the rifle in front and apparently exposed for a significant amount of time positioning the rifle. Looks like there was some hesitation on the part of the SS. I admit, I can’t imagine an agent posting that, but I also don’t believe the whole of the US Secret Service is that inept.
    Video evidence shows the SS guys monitoring the sector that they had been monitoring for an hour-plus, before the shooting. Just like they do at every event we see counter-sniper units at. It just so happens that the douchebag was on the other side of a building that was (thankfully) in a sector being covered by USSS CS.

As for the 4chan post alleging to be the USSS CS guy, it's an insult to our intelligence to even speculate if it may be real.

I'm not sure if you read the linked article but it did bring up a point I'm not ready to dismiss yet. One team was on the north building looking north. Another team was on the south building looking south. They are more effective the less overlap they have with respect to their areas of concern. So it's reasonable to say the north position wasn't monitoring south and the south position wasn't monitoring north. There are trees between the private property and the buildings. Looking at it in street view, the trees look to be of a descent height. There are no leaves in that picture but it was taken in November.

View attachment 168536

Here's an overhead picture of the area. The shooter was somewhere in that white circle. The orange lines show the dead spot due to the tree.

View attachment 168538

As best I could, I tried to get the perspective view from the SS to the shooter and from the shooter to the SS. To me, it shows where the tree could have interfered with the SS line of sight of the shooter. But it also shows how important it should have been to have someone on the roof to deny someone access to the blind spot.

View attachment 168539View attachment 168540

Has it been said which position, the north or the south, engaged the shooter and/or shot him? I mean, other than the 4chan post?
    The guy also was on the opposite side of the building prior to getting up past the crest and taking the shot.

Someone ****** up, without a doubt. Someone should have been restricting access to the roof and/or physically on top of the roof controlling the space.

Hopefully the AAR spells this out clearly and is made public with minimal redactions.
    Yes, this is so totally unconfirmed, but hey, we are all making this up as we go right now...

Local SWAT was staging in the building the shooter fired from. It's possible SS counter sniper hesitated due to not knowing for sure whether the shooter was local SWAT or not.

Tis certainly possible, but it doesn't detract from the fact that someone should have been preventing access to the rooftop. That's EP 101.

There also is no indication that the USSS CS group hesitated. It sure sounds like they got shots off ~2 seconds after the shooter started shooting, which is a very reasonable time for target acquisition to getting a shot off.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'm not sure if you read the linked article but it did bring up a point I'm not ready to dismiss yet. One team was on the north building looking north. Another team was on the south building looking south. They are more effective the less overlap they have with respect to their areas of concern. So it's reasonable to say the north position wasn't monitoring south and the south position wasn't monitoring north. There are trees between the private property and the buildings. Looking at it in street view, the trees look to be of a descent height. There are no leaves in that picture but it was taken in November.

View attachment 168536

Here's an overhead picture of the area. The shooter was somewhere in that white circle. The orange lines show the dead spot due to the tree.

View attachment 168538

As best I could, I tried to get the perspective view from the SS to the shooter and from the shooter to the SS. To me, it shows where the tree could have interfered with the SS line of sight of the shooter. But it also shows how important it should have been to have someone on the roof to deny someone access to the blind spot.

View attachment 168539View attachment 168540

Has it been said which position, the north or the south, engaged the shooter and/or shot him? I mean, other than the 4chan post?
    That’s all fine and good, but somehow they had a clear shot when they decided to pull the trigger. From the same position.
    It’s not that complicated.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That’s all fine and good, but somehow they had a clear shot when they decided to pull the trigger. From the same position.
    It’s not that complicated.
    That may be true. I just haven’t seen it reported yet that the return fire came from that position. I could be wrong with this one but I’m keeping an open mind until there’s real info to say I shouldn’t.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    That may be true. I just haven’t seen it reported yet that the return fire came from that position. I could be wrong with this one but I’m keeping an open mind until there’s real info to say I shouldn’t.
    Two (possibly 3) CS teams. Team with baseball caps view to shooter was obscured by trees. Team with boonie hats took the shot(s).7TfT8DY.jpeg

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If being bullied as a kid is being used as an excuse in many cases such as this and it causes young adults to snap and be a danger to themselves or society then maybe congress should act and put forth a bill that puts anyone who has reported to school etc…that they were bullied that prevents them from owning firearms..isn’t that the left’s mentality to cure all evil? Just take their 2A rights away..

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Huh? You do know that line of sight is generally a straight line, right? SS Team 2 would have an unobstructed view but they would need to turn around to see him. The image clearly shows the tree between SS Team 1 and the shooter and reasonably could have been a factor.

View attachment 168638
    You have the shooter too close to the edge of the building . Here's where he actually was. In this position either team could have gotten off a shot. But they still haven't stated which CS team took him out

nfurl="true"]https://news.sky.com/video/trump-sh...s-video-shows-body-and-rifle-on-roof-13177746[/URL]

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You have the shooter too close to the edge of the building . Here's where he actually was. In this position either team could have gotten off a shot. But they still haven't stated which CS team took him out

I noticed that. I took someone else's picture and added some line of sight lines. I didn't say anything about it because it wouldn't have changed much. I did line of sight lines in post 207 with the shooter where he should have been and it looks like he'd still be obscured by the tree. And even then, I'm speculating about the amount of leaves and the location of the branches. I'm prepared toadjust my thinking if it turns out the closest position did have a good view of the peak of the roof.

Top Bottom