Couldn't jail him so now those loser dirtbags are trying to assassinate him!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    The Secret Service really dropped the ball. I'm shocked that they don't have a couple of drone teams for all outdoor venues. Having eyes in the sky is a no brainer. Especially considering how cost affective they are. It's like the Secret Service is stuck in the 1980's.
    As far as the Counter Snipers, they did an excellent job. The shooter was below the peak of the roof. The guy had to raise his rifle off its tripod to view the shooter. I fault SS Leadership. They dropped the ball in my opinion.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    So here's a piece of constructive criticism. This is an example of why people don't take your posts seriously. You wrote a long reply but added nothing to the conversation. You honestly remind me of my 12 year old. He has a little bit of FOMO, Fear Of Missing Out, so he wants to be a part of every aspect of every conversation. He also likes to point out when people are wrong. The combination lends itself to "interruptions" of a conversation that add little to no value to what was initially being discussed, especially when his reply tries to turn an absolute into a relative.

For example, the adults might be discussing tall buildings in New York City. The 12 year old may add there are buildings in Chicago that are taller than some of the tall buildings in New York City. That may be true but that's not what we're talking about right now.

Criticism heard. So I'd appreciate if you heard mine: If biggun had said:

"Think back over the past 6-7 years how many republican leaders have called for the death of (insert democrat here)?
    The answer is too many to list. Why dont you believe them when they tell you what they will do?
    Your world view stops you from seeing the truth."

Would your response have been:

"I believe the republicans use rhetoric they know will allow people on the right justify the use of violence to achieve their goals."

I don't think so nor should it be because there is zero added to the conversation at large. Correct me if I'm wrong but following up one bias-laden comment with another is, in and of itself, low value that perpetuates the already vitriolic tone of the initial statements. I won't bother telling you who you remind me of because, frankly, it's insulting to you and me for judging and I don't need to judge or insult you to get my point across. We're both better than that.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    The shooter was a registered republican, and a trump supporter, or at least a maga supporter. My question is this, trump turned face on to where the shooter was, the shooter had an AR, the distance was 130 yards. Unless the shooter was crippled and blind, how did he only get off 3 shots and miss a target as large as trump? Next is why was a counter sniper not on that roof or the one behind it or on the water tower which had a much higher vantage point?

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana

"Think back over the past 6-7 years how many republican leaders have called for the death of (insert democrat here)?
    The answer is too many to list. Why dont you believe them when they tell you what they will do?

"I believe the republicans use rhetoric they know will allow people on the right justify the use of violence to achieve their goals."
    That is fantasy, it has never happened on the other hand.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    So I've read some reports this morning but I honestly don't know how reliable they are so take with a grain (or entire shaker) of salt until all,some, none is confirmed:

1. The shooter had said something to the effect of "Be on the lookout for my premiere on July 13th" on some game forum or messaging service. Discord, maybe? Makes me wonder if he actually thought he would survive this.

2. From his phone, the shooter had Googled both Donald Trump/RNC and Biden/DNC in his phone. Depending on what your initial beliefs are regarding motivation, that could be interpreted in a lot of ways. Did he believe he could try to assassinate both presumptive nominees? False flag?

3. The shooter, registered republican (but donated do a blue PAC), has been described as politically conservative by those interviewed that knew him and supposedly there were Donald Trump signs in the yard. Now that points more towards his family's political leanings than his specifically so that could mean very little if anything.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I don't think so nor should it be because there is zero added to the conversation at large. Correct me if I'm wrong but following up one bias-laden comment with another is, in and of itself, low value that perpetuates the already vitriolic tone of the initial statements. I won't bother telling you who you remind me of because, frankly, it's insulting to you and me for judging and I don't need to judge or insult you to get my point across. We're both better than that.

Correct you if you are wrong? Ok, you are wrong. There is no need to expand the scope of every conversation to include everything that has ever existed. In a number of cases, switching from absolute to relative dilutes the initial message. I'll use an example from the kids again. If I tell the 12 year old "You didn't do your chores" his gut reaction would be to rat out his sister with "she didn't do hers either." While he might be correct, that doesn't change the fact he didn't do his chores. He wants to go from absolute to relative in order to make his offense look less bad. And adults do that too. It's not unusual to see people excusing their kids' behavior by comparing that behavior to something else. "My son robbed that store but it's not like he killed anyone." "Why are you stopping me for running the red light? Don't you have any real criminals to find?"

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    One classmate described the shooter as not being conservative. The shooter called the hispanic classmate stupid for liking Trump.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Correct you if you are wrong? Ok, you are wrong. There is no need to expand the scope of every conversation to include everything that has ever existed. In a number of cases, switching from absolute to relative dilutes the initial message. I'll use an example from the kids again. If I tell the 12 year old "You didn't do your chores" his gut reaction would be to rat out his sister with "she didn't do hers either." While he might be correct, that doesn't change the fact he didn't do his chores. He wants to go from absolute to relative in order to make his offense look less bad. And adults do that too. It's not unusual to see people excusing their kids' behavior by comparing that behavior to something else. "My son robbed that store but it's not like he killed anyone." "Why are you stopping me for running the red light? Don't you have any real criminals to find?"
    i see hes still talking to you... you must be the only one by now who hasn't ignored him....yet....lol :dogkeke:

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    One classmate described the shooter as not being conservative. The shooter called the hispanic classmate stupid for liking Trump.

It's all over the place. I tried to find some other first-hand accounts from people. To quote the above link so you don't have to wade through it:

Forbes Article said:
    Crooks’ classmates have shared disparate accounts of his time in high school. Jason Kohler, who went to the same high school, told the Associated Press that Crooks was “bullied almost every day” and was “just a outcast.” Julianna Grooms told the Times Crooks was teased for his poor hygiene and body odor, and that peers would say, “Hey, look at the school shooter over there!” But another student, Mark Sigafoos—who shared classes with Crooks—told the Philadelphia Inquirer that he was “very kind” and “nerdy” but wasn’t “as harshly bullied as some people are saying.” Crooks' high school guidance counselor Jim Knapp said the same—"He wasn’t being bullied,” he told the Times. Max Smith, who took a history class with Crooks, told the Enquirer “he definitely was [politically] conservative...It makes me wonder why he would carry out an assassination attempt on the conservative candidate.” Student Anna Dusch, however, who took a government class with Crooks, told the Times he never revealed any of his political views to his peers despite the subject material. One classmate, Jameson Murphy, told the New York Post that Crooks, 20, wasn't able to make the Bethel Park High School rifle team after missing targets "by close to 20 feet" and described him as a "terrible shot." Another classmate, who was not named, added that the rifle team coach had concerns about Crooks, saying the former Naval man "knew when someone’s not the greatest person" and had noted Crooks' "crass jokes that weren’t appropriate when there are firearms in the school setting."

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The shooter was a registered republican, and a trump supporter, or at least a maga supporter. My question is this, trump turned face on to where the shooter was, the shooter had an AR, the distance was 130 yards. Unless the shooter was crippled and blind, how did he only get off 3 shots and miss a target as large as trump? Next is why was a counter sniper not on that roof or the one behind it or on the water tower which had a much higher vantage point?
    Yeah, Trojan horse republican!

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Yeah, Trojan horse republican!

"The political split showed up in the Crooks household. Thomas was a registered Republican. His father is a Libertarian and his mother is a Democrat, voter registration records show. Both are social workers. When Crooks was 17, he made a $15 donation to a political action committee earmarked for a Democratic turnout group, according to federal election data."

The political gamut.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    The Secret Service really dropped the ball. I'm shocked that they don't have a couple of drone teams for all outdoor venues. Having eyes in the sky is a no brainer. Especially considering how cost affective they are. It's like the Secret Service is stuck in the 1980's.
    As far as the Counter Snipers, they did an excellent job. The shooter was below the peak of the roof. The guy had to raise his rifle off its tripod to view the shooter. I fault SS Leadership. They dropped the ball in my opinion.
    Correct, they could have very easily and cost effectively set up, or trailered in, a "doghouse" and let its multiple drones run predetermined routes with analytics alerting on movement to designated hot areas.
    They chose not to.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Can you link to the fact he was a Trump supporter or a MAGA supporter ? Where did you get that data from ?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The shooter was likely whatever mama and daddy were. I don’t believe he was a Trump supporter. I can see the MSM throwing that out there based on nothing. Common sense suggests he was a little disgruntled punk who decided to take his daddy’s rifle and show everybody he was somebody. He didn’t have much to figure out. Questions are: how long ahead of time was the venue announced? Why was he carrying explosives?
    And my biggest: If law enforcement had him in their sights for so long, why was he never approached/detained/questioned?
    He was dressed like he was going to run errands, but had a remote control explosive device and 3 mags and a range finder on him. He apparently bought the ammo and a ladder last minute. He was exposed and drew attention for nearly an hour before he fired shots. I doubt he was in contact with anyone, but LAW ENFORCEMENT has likely checked his cell phone records by now. I doubt he had any other means of communication on him. I doubt he left any warnings on social media. We haven’t heard of any message he left behind explaining his actions, but I would expect them/they to find something left behind.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    The shooter was likely whatever mama and daddy were.
    Sil-40 in reply #313 above.. Daddy was a Libertarian Mom was a Democrat
    I doubt he left any warnings on social media. We haven’t heard of any message he left behind explaining his actions, but I would expect them/they to find something left behind.

Forbes reports a "Cryptic message" shooter left on online gaming website 'STEAM'-"July 13 will be my premiere, watch as it unfolds".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom