Date Failure.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I have never known anyone int their 20s that just quit dating unless they got married! You may have some deeper issues that you need to lay on a couch and talk to a professional about!

Well I don't think there's anything wrong that. I have pretty much given up dating too. There is absolutely no where to meet people these day. There seem to be way more single guys than girls these days. Its hard to find someone you can trust sex has become such a normal thing between both genders. Its almost impossible for me trust anyone. Especially with the amount of married women I have seen willing to cheat on their husbands. I don't want the type of girl that you would pick up in a bar. Once you get to the point I am where your workplace offers no one your age, friends are all older then you and you have just those 4-5 friends that you hang out with they have there girlfriends but they don't know anyone to introduce you to. You pretty much give up unless something was to fall in your lap. Im not saying giving trying to get laid just giving up on a relationship. I honestly feel im at the point I will have to run into an ex-girlfriend from high school in my thirties that has been divorced and had kids for anything to ever happen. I know its just my situation and it would be different if I stayed in college. But my job offer was better then what I would have made if I stayed in school and I don't have the debt from college either now. Plus in 4-5 years I should be able to quit and start my own business which was my ultimate goal if I went to college.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    1. It's enjoyable.
    2. It leads to sex.

2a. Sex is enjoyable.

3. It doesn't lead to marriage unless YOU want it to!
    Dude, when I'm not in the mood, or when I don't like any of the options I have gone months without dating.

As for 'significant others'... HARDLY... my friends believe I am going to be single for life.
    (May or may not... Don't know, no pressure)

But AVOIDANCE....

You got issues dude.

Luckily my "issues" just lead to more personal freedom :)

Your whole argument (since I don't believe in marriage) is just "have sex with some chic".

All fun and games until something goes wrong. I am anti-risk, and I live in a very dangerous area, STD-wise.

* You have inspired me to put WoW down for a few minutes and go for a quick 5-mile. :D*

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Well I don't think there's anything wrong that. I have pretty much given up dating too. There is absolutely no where to meet people these day. There seem to be way more single guys than girls these days. Its hard to find someone you can trust sex has become such a normal thing between both genders. Its almost impossible for me trust anyone. Especially with the amount of married women I have seen willing to cheat on their husbands. Yep, plenty have approached me over it. I don't believe in marriage, but I respect those who do. I don't want the type of girl that you would pick up in a bar. Once you get to the point I am where your workplace offers no one your age, friends are all older then you and you have just those 4-5 friends that you hang out with they have there girlfriends but they don't know anyone to introduce you to. I don't sweat it. I'm a male nurse who works weekend night-shift. You think there is a big market for that? LMAO! But I SURE! don't fish off the company pier You pretty much give up unless something was to fall in your lap. If something fell in my lap I might consider it. Im not saying giving trying to get laid just giving up on a relationship. I honestly feel im at the point I will have to run into an ex-girlfriend from high school in my thirties that has been divorced and had kids for anything to ever happen. I know its just my situation and it would be different if I stayed in college. But my job offer was better then what I would have made if I stayed in school and I don't have the debt from college either now. Plus in 4-5 years I should be able to quit and start my own business which was my ultimate goal if I went to college.

I just don't really care I guess. Had my fun ready to move on? I guess if I had had me a starter-wife right out of highschool like a lot of people do, I would feel different, but the first one would get wayyyy too much in the settlement IMO. I don't want to give it all up. I'm selfish?

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I just don't really care I guess. Had my fun ready to move on?

Im at the point where I still care but have given up trying. Another year and I probably wont care. I like being able to buy a gun and not have to explain to the girlfriend why I did or have to give her one of the old ones to keep her off my back like I see my buddies do all the time. Same with fourwheelers, motorcycle's, any other stuff us guys like women don't understand.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Im at the point where I still care but have given up trying. Another year and I probably wont care. I like being able to buy a gun and not have to explain to the girlfriend why I did or have to give her one of the old ones to keep her off my back like I see my buddies do all the time. Same with fourwheelers, motorcycle's, any other stuff us guys like women don't understand.

I date... and have never explained.

Both ARE possible.

You guys... need help.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I date... and have never explained.
    Me too, I'm single now :)
    Both ARE possible.
    Yes, but I'm jealous of my time as well as my money, and you know as well as I do that women are always wanting to go and do ****. **** I don't want to go do. Want to go see a band play, want to go to the movies, want to this, want to that, blah blah blah, it's an endless bleeding of my bank account and free time.

You guys... need help.

Why, because my dick doesn't drag me across the state? I'm really failing to see why I NEED to go screw someone. If it falls into my lap, okay, otherwise, I'm not worried about it.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Plentyoffish.com

While my current lady friend I met 'in real life'... The results there have been (in a word) Awesome!

JWG223:
    Not all women are like that...

You're right, not all women suck. However, most I have encountered do, and my threshold for caring is very low, so the risk/benefit just isn't there. Everyone has a different "level" of BS they are willing to put up with for a perceived gain. Mine is low, and the gain minimal.

I would rather keep my trainer as a friend than worry about trying to make it something its not. Tons of guys before me have tried, and common sense dictates that I'm not going to be the last, were I to do so.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    When I was single I enjoyed dating, rather I got any or not it was fun doing different things and getting to know different people. While I certainly enjoy my collection of "stuff", life is about experiences as well.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    When I was single I enjoyed dating, rather I got any or not it was fun doing different things and getting to know different people. While I certainly enjoy my collection of "stuff", life is about experiences as well.

Yes, and I went out to dinner and had good conversation and a good time. I think that was the point I made in post #1, aside from the LOL/FAIL regarding payment for supper.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I don't see a problem here. OP gave a funny story, expressed his situation, and says he doesn't have an issue with it. I don't see why it is anyone's business to tell him otherwise. Maybe everyone just wants a visual of said "hot trainer that's single?"

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Quit dating when your were twenty!! Sounds not so good for me I haven't dated since highschool. No where to meet people except the bars not the type of person I want to date but atleast its fun for a night! I keep thinking eventually ill meet somebody but with my job I don't think it will ever happen. Out of town entirely too much. Reading your story has me thinking about way too much about that I would hate to end up 25with and satisfied playing WoW and thinking im way put of personal trainers league that hired just because she was hot then finally getting the date forgetting my wallet and feeling hopeless. It really does suck for you put like that sorry. For pointing it out so obvious. Hey man keep trying shell fall for you she's just playing hard to get.

Sounds like you need to employ the "Hood Rat" method...see 40 year old virgin. Not saying your a virgin as you said you dated in high school. Bang some ugly bitches, bang some chunky bitches, who gives a ****. You don't have to marry them...just put some work in.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I don't see a problem here. OP gave a funny story, expressed his situation, and says he doesn't have an issue with it. I don't see why it is anyone's business to tell him otherwise. Maybe everyone just wants a visual of said "hot trainer that's single?"

No kidding. It's not like I got on here whining about being single, bragging about going "on a date", or anything else. I was trying to make light of a humerus situation that I am sure almost all of us have had an occurrence similar to.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    After reading some of these posts no wonder some of you guys are single. Most women want commitment whether they admit it or not. They are wired that way. Just as most men want sex. We are wired that way to continue the species. The master plan has us designed this way for a reason.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Sounds like you need to employ the "Hood Rat" method...see 40 year old virgin. Not saying your a virgin as you said you dated in high school. Bang some ugly bitches, bang some chunky bitches, who gives a ****. You don't have to marry them...just put some work in.

Understood and done, but then I got standards. There's a reason the ugly bitches get avoided, and from my experience its more than just looks.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    After reading some of these posts no wonder some of you guys are single. Most women want commitment whether they admit it or not. They are wired that way. Just as most men want sex. We are wired that way to continue the species. The master plan has us designed this way for a reason.

The master plan has people wired to procreate, and commitment is only desired because for successful communication of the genome, the child must reach maturity. That means a strong defender at hand to protect that child. We are not so far removed from that lizard brain in the back of our heads. The most aggressive male wins. That is why women love douche-bags no matter what line they give you about "caring, good listener, blah blah blah". Then want a man who gets **** done, and makes things happen his way. I've turned more women on by being an ******* than I ever did by opening doors.

That being said, I don't want kids, and I enjoy my privacy and self-time, so I'm not concerned with playing the game. Further, even if I DID want something meaningful, now is not the time or place for it. I'm moving in less than a year and long-distance just doesn't work in new relationships very often, so why even bother? When I get where I am going, I will re-visit my ideas on dating/relationships.

All this said...I enjoyed supper, lmao

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    The master plan has people wired to procreate, and commitment is only desired because for successful communication of the genome, the child must reach maturity. That means a strong defender at hand to protect that child. We are not so far removed from that lizard brain in the back of our heads. The most aggressive male wins. That is why women love douche-bags no matter what line they give you about "caring, good listener, blah blah blah". Then want a man who gets **** done, and makes things happen his way. I've turned more women on by being an ******* than I ever did by opening doors.

That being said, I don't want kids, and I enjoy my privacy and self-time, so I'm not concerned with playing the game. Further, even if I DID want something meaningful, now is not the time or place for it. I'm moving in less than a year and long-distance just doesn't work in new relationships very often, so why even bother? When I get where I am going, I will re-visit my ideas on dating/relationships.

All this said...I enjoyed supper, lmao

Long distance is the reason I have given up trying I have been out of town for all but two months working in the last year. Other than a weekend here and there. Glad you enjoyed supper atleast lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom