Doc added***FL permits no longer honored in LA....it's official.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    From LSP972:

And perhaps "shooting at the messengers" was a poor choice of words.
    Thank you. I didn't deserve that.

But from the ranting you were doing, it seemed to me you were convinced that all of this is some nefarious plot to bilk revenue out of the poor Louisiana permit holder.
    Compared to some of the other postings about this, I was far from "ranting".
    Until some plausible reasons were posted, money indeed seemed to be the only logical motive. Prior to this thread, I'd never heard that background checks could possibly be circumvented via a non-resident permit. I learned something new.

Basically, you were calling the guy, who is trying to make this program right, a thief... in so many words.
    Those are your words, not mine. I have no idea how changes in reciprocity are actually made. I figured they were voted on and approved by our wonderful legislature. Until learning about the possible circumvention of background checks, it seemed like a typical Louisiana money-driven BS decision to me, something a bunch of politicians would indeed do. I never once laid blame on any individual, or insinuated such.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Louisiana State Police and the people who work there. They have been absolutely first-class EVERY time I've interacted with them.

(Even if they tend to get a bit ornery upon retirement!) :D

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Yes and no. I believe It's more about LA residents going FL to circumvent LA's training requirements.

^^^ Yep, mostly.

I hope they do not use their firearm in self-defense while ILLEGALLY CARRYING A CONCEALED FIREARM. Not only will they be looking at a lengthly prison term for that felony, but the family of the BG will most certainly win almost any civil suit they pursue.

That's a Misdemeanor, unless it too was changed this week.

They'll probably win anyway if the illegal carry is a factor.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Touche'. You are correct, but trust me, the true biull that will return for homicide will be a felony...;)

Regardless of what the issue is, it's going to suck. I'd hate to have to take a life defending myself in the first place, especially if things made me look like a/the shady character.

Just Open Carry, guys-n-gals, until you get your CHP.

I think CHP are BS, but the law doesnt think so...sometimes going with the flow gets you where you need to go...

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    for those that want to know why they kept the Florida Resident permit validity, keep in mind how the law is written!

Louisiana, along with several other states (INCLUDING FLORIDA) have specific wording that if they accept our permit then we will accept theirs - if we stopped accepting their resident permits then they would stop accepting ours and we just lost a state, don't push the issue because you'd only be pissing in the same pot your standing in ;)

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I had and renewed and LA permit, then when that expired, I got my FL b/c it covered more states. Then I decided to get my LA again, got a cert, never sent in the packet, cert is now expired.

I've arranged to take a class this weekend :rolleyes: Apparently I need more training.

irony. :o

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I had and renewed and LA permit, then when that expired, I got my FL b/c it covered more states. Then I decided to get my LA again, got a cert, never sent in the packet, cert is now expired.

I've arranged to take a class this weekend :rolleyes: Apparently I need more training.

Something tells me that may not be a standard 9 hour course:eek3:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

it will be, no mercy

Somehow I still doubt it. :o

;)I'lllllneeevveer teeellllllll

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    it will be, no mercy

Bring a plastic kiddie pool and make him sit in it for nine hours singing this:

There was an old lady who swallowed a cow.
    She swallowed the cow to catch the dog.
    She swallowed the dog, to catch the cat.
    She swallowed the cat to catch the bird.
    She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
    She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
    that wiggled and jiggled and tickled inside .

Perhaps she'll die.

Post vid here.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    So I was thinking about this for the last few hours. What about the probably hundreds of people who don't frequent sites like this and don't check the lsp site everyday? I'm not trying to stir the pot, but don't you think fl should inform all their non res permit holders or like prior discussed, give a grace period? I know when the state passed the new dwi and seat belt laws in sept it was all over the news and paper so the average person who watches tv would know about them. I just feel for of the people who get stopped and are carrying on a fl non res and honestly didn't know about the abrupt law change.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    So I was thinking about this for the last few hours. What about the probably hundreds of people who don't frequent sites like this and don't check the lsp site everyday? I'm not trying to stir the pot, but don't you think fl should inform all their non res permit holders or like prior discussed, give a grace period? I know when the state passed the new dwi and seat belt laws in sept it was all over the news and paper so the average person who watches tv would know about them. I just feel for of the people who get stopped and are carrying on a fl non res and honestly didn't know about the abrupt law change.

Yep. There should have been a grace period and an official notice from the State Police before the axe feel. I understand the reasoning behind the decision, but the implementation is ********. Or, those with a valid non-res permit should have been grandfathered in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom