entering gun free zone to save lives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I agree but what if that armed citizen could have saved your brass, then I believe its a diferent story and a diferent tune on the song, no disrespect either from a wise Armed Citizen :D

I agree.

I was trying to comment on how Nothing is going to ensure that you are immediately recognized as a GG by the LEO, or anyone else for that matter.

Heck, in such a situation, I'm not Completely trusting any fully uniformed, convincingly dressed, shiny badged LEOs that show up.

If you go into the situation knowing that, you have a much better chance at not being shot by any other GGs.

Sorry, that I didn't make that more clear.:(

I'm not LEO, by the way. But I do play one on internet forums sometimes! :D;):eek3:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I wise LEO should assess the situation before opening fire.

Totally! And he won't take one second to peruse or believe your ID or badge until after the situation is in control.

Do LEOs a favor and kill all the BGs before they arrive. Then store your gun safely, raise your hands, smile and comply. :)

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Ya'll are thinking colleges... How about this instead.... You're dropping off (or worse, picking up) your 6 yr old at the grammar school, pulled up in the bus turnaround when you hear shots and screaming from inside. CCW isn't an issue b/c you are still in your vehicle. The minute you step out you're breaking the law though. Do you bring your gun to investigate?
    If the teachers are watching 'Blackhawk Down' (unlikely, but it could happen) on the big screen (or playing COD4 on the Prometheus Boards) without the kids you're screwed... you just broke the law and scared a bunch of teachers half to death. You'll be spending the night with Bubba until your lawyer can get you out on bond.
    If it is a real event, you'll be a hero, no charges will be filed but you'll be sued in civil court by the perps families as well as half a dozen kids liberal families for exposing them to a gun illegally...

Yes, CC the gun from your vehicle to the possible shooting event. ;)

If it is no big deal then all anyone saw is you get all excited about nothing. ("Concealed" carry)

Well, watching "Blackhawk Down" in school, even by the teachers, isn't what I'd consider "nothing". That's why I homeschool. :D ...I digress...

You then return to your car and CP....**** your pants. No one has to know about that either. :) CP = Concealed Pissing :rofl:

PS. I'm not too concerned about Bubba. I killed him the last time he tried to kill innocent children. :D

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I am willing to bet that every person on this board with a CHP have violated a 1000' firearm free zone. You cannot believe how much territory is covered by them.

Soon, you will be asked to write your legislators, please do so.

I don't know about everybody violating the zone but I sure have!

I used to live within 1000' of a school not to mention the bus firearm free zones! I could barely breathe without breaking the law!

How about we send all legislators on holiday? Give them all an entire year off with pay? After that, we allow them back to "work" and only allow them to remove laws that are already there and not make any new ones.

Yes, my idea could go awry...but look what we have now!!! :mad:

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I agree with Teddy's assessment from the first page.

I'm not putting my ass on the line to save people I don't know from a threat that doesn't directly affect me. I'm not a superhero.

My first job is to take care of me, after that is accomplished if I can help others with compromising my job I may offer assistance. Putting myself in danger contradicts my job.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    When we got our permits years ago, we made a big deal about not being police and not getting involved in others' problems.
    BUT, SOON AFTERWARDS,my daughter's neighbor was out jogging in the neighboorhood and was kidnapped off the street and presumably raped/murdered. Body never found. Her attack was witnessed by several neighbors and by-passers, but was presumed to be a "domestic dispute" and no-one stopped to help.
    What to do? It is hard to say; but, how about stopping, drawing, pointing exposed weapon straight down or straight up and inquiring loudly?

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I agree with Teddy's assessment from the first page.

I'm not putting my ass on the line to save people I don't know from a threat that doesn't directly affect me. I'm not a superhero.

My first job is to take care of me, after that is accomplished if I can help others with compromising my job I may offer assistance. Putting myself in danger contradicts my job.

I was going to say that I respectfully disagree with both of you, but I don't think we are looking at the same picture...

From your referrence to putting it on the line for people you don't know, can we infer that you would put it on the line for people you do know???

Maybe you are totally alone in the world - have no friends or relatives (who would likely have children, relatives and friends) - maybe you really care only for yourself and no one else...fine with me...but you infer by your post that you might care enough if you knew someone involved....so...

Are you really opposed to going over there to check and see if someone you know is involved? Or, are you okay with finding out later that your niece was raped and murdered while you drove away? Maybe you didn't recognize the little innocent girl you could have saved so you walked away...is that right?

If you are okay with what you haven't considered yet, I'll accept that. I am not trying to push my beliefs on anyone. I'm only pointing out the kinks in your armor to help you prepare before the battle.

Tragedies are prevented every day by people like you and I who are not "superheros". Just average guys who thought it through ahead of time, like we are doing now, and made a choice.

I pray that we make the right choice at the right time.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    When we got our permits years ago, we made a big deal about not being police and not getting involved in others' problems.
    BUT, SOON AFTERWARDS,my daughter's neighbor was out jogging in the neighboorhood and was kidnapped off the street and presumably raped/murdered. Body never found. Her attack was witnessed by several neighbors and by-passers, but was presumed to be a "domestic dispute" and no-one stopped to help.
    What to do? It is hard to say; but, how about stopping, drawing, pointing exposed weapon straight down or straight up and inquiring loudly?

Good point...kind of like my last thread? :D

Have you been exposed to the SUL position for holding your pistol in such a situation. If not, look it up. I think it might be just the thing for the situation you described. Of course, just gripping your gun in the holster puts you less than a second from a hole in the BGs head.

If anyone has a problem with you brandishing a weapon in such a way during a similar incident, even if it turns out to be nothing, I'll testify on your behalf, if it comes to that...and at my own expense!

Sorry if I come across too strong for y'all. I give no quarter to people who victimize the innocent and helpless and I'm sure it shows in my posts. :(

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Didn't read all the post so I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but in '97 in Mississippi, a student was shooting up his high school, and a vice principal ran out to his car to get his gun. He went back inside and shot the teen and killed him right before he went into a classroom. The vice principal was prosecuted and found guilty of having a firearm in a gun free zone.

Keep in mind, this was BEFORE Columbine and VT and the other big school shootings where all nut bags started screaming "noooo gunsssssss!"

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Didn't read all the post so I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but in '97 in Mississippi, a student was shooting up his high school, and a vice principal ran out to his car to get his gun. He went back inside and shot the teen and killed him right before he went into a classroom. The vice principal was prosecuted and found guilty of having a firearm in a gun free zone.

Keep in mind, this was BEFORE Columbine and VT and the other big school shootings where all nut bags started screaming "noooo gunsssssss!"

And if he's worth his salt, he took it on the chin and he'd do it the same way all over again. I think he should have been given a hero's parade and instead he got spanked. Ungrateful bastards. :mad: I'd do it even if I knew ahead of time I'd get spanked. We all have to make daily determinations as to the lesser evil. He did the right thing and I commend him for it.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville

LIKE THIS?

7qgrkirlrg.jpg

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    And if he's worth his salt, he took it on the chin and he'd do it the same way all over again. I think he should have been given a hero's parade and instead he got spanked. Ungrateful bastards. :mad: I'd do it even if I knew ahead of time I'd get spanked. We all have to make daily determinations as to the lesser evil. He did the right thing and I commend him for it.

+1

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Not exactly what I had in mind.
    Neat photo, though.
    Not my business to do stuff like that. That looks like a gendarme dealing with a rioter; is it?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom