entering gun free zone to save lives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How many lives will the law cost over the years?

What holster? I just grabbed the gun out of my truck.

There will plenty of chances for the law to take its toll without you choosing to let people die.

I'm sure if the gun fire is on school property, there will be screams and a lot of people running. Then you can safely say there's a good reason to grab your gun and check it out.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    There will plenty of chances for the law to take its toll without you choosing to let people die.

I'm sure if the gun fire is on school property, there will be screams and a lot of people running. Then you can safely say there's a good reason to grab your gun and check it out.

When you get shot by the police, Nolacop will be here to defend their actions. And it wouldn't be hard.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Highly unlikely. If there were a cop, I wouldn't just charge out there. I'd first make it clear that I'm a gg.
    In any case, I'll take my chances.

That's what it boils down to, taking chances. A lot is on the line.

If I were 100% certain that I could stop a school shooter, I'd do it.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    This thread illustrates at least one thing...

It is vitally important for people, with the mindset to protect the innocent at all costs, to arm themselves and get some excellent training...because the other people aren't.

Proper mindset and excellent training will enable you to move with a handgun through a school full of freaked out people...assess the situation...and take proper action.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    This thread illustrates at least one thing...

It is vitally important for people, with the mindset to protect the innocent at all costs, to arm themselves and get some excellent training...because the other people aren't.

And some of those people may not deserve to be defended by me, but then again, we are talking about children here.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Proper mindset and excellent training will enable you to move with a handgun through a school full of freaked out people...assess the situation...and take proper action.

I'll write you sympathy letters and maybe try to smuggle you in some hemorrhoids creme during your stay in Leavenworth.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'll write you sympathy letters and maybe try to smuggle you in some hemorrhoids creme during your stay in Leavenworth.

Leavenworth? For carrying within 1000ft of a school? Come on.
    Even in that far-fetched scenario, if some kid/s or adult/s are alive and a killer is in prison or dead for my actions, it would be worth it.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Leavenworth? For carrying within 1000ft of a school? Come on.
    Even in that far-fetched scenario, if some kid/s or adult/s are alive and a killer is in prison or dead for my actions, it would be worth it.

Automatic 5 years in the federal pen? I'm not too familiar with federal pens or what types of criminals get sent to which.

Still, I think the gun free zone act of 95 is total crap.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Leavenworth?

Worth it to you, but what about your family? Have fun not owning guns the rest of your life, thus stripping you of the ability to protect anyone ever again.

Also, you'd better like working construction or on an oil rig. I guess you could go into some sort of business for yourself. Maybe you can get an employer to sympathize. My point is, you are turning your life and your family's lives upside down.

So make the decision after some heavy thought. Hell, I'd probably go running into a school anyways because it pulls on my heartstrings. It happens so fast.

But it will suuuuuck in the aftermath.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Worth it to you, but what about your family? Have fun not owning guns the rest of your life, thus stripping you of the ability to protect anyone ever again.

Also, you'd better like working construction or on an oil rig. I guess you could go into some sort of business for yourself. Maybe you can get an employer to sympathize. My point is, you are turning your life and your family's lives upside down.

So make the decision after some heavy thought. Hell, I'd probably go running into a school anyways because it pulls on my heartstrings. It happens so fast.

But it will suuuuuck in the aftermath.

I think my family would rather go through all the trouble because I did the right thing despite what the law says rather than live life normally because I chose to mind my own business while people were being killed.

I'd still protect my family...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    And lets not forget that this is a direct result of state gvt, USC 18 allows CHL guys to carry as long as state law does.......its the state of Louisiana making the 1000 ' law stay in effect

We should get behind the next person who runs @ the state with repeal of the stupid 1000 rule, run fast , fight hard , think fast............

( LEGAL ) Guns in Schools would stop school violence, when Little Jonny decides to fire up the teacher or the Glee Club who wouldn't vote him important, the teacher or principal, or coach, or janitor, or passing thru maintenance worker would be able to stop the attack

Keep the fite

Keep the faith

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering

You will not write to me or send me anything...nor would I expect you to.

There have been people who have done the right thing, paid a high price for it and I have supported them and their families financially and otherwise. I know that there are plenty of people who would do the same for me and my family.

What happens to me, for the short time that I'm here on this Earth as we know it, pales in comparison to what happens next.

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me." Matthew 25:40 ASV

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Is it REALLY that surprising to some of you that some people will risk their freedom and their lives to protect innocent children?

It doesn't surprise me a bit. I know plenty of people who would risk all. Those are the type of people I surround myself with. They are my brothers and we trust each other with our lives and our families.

It doesn't surprise me a bit that some people won't risk their freedom and their lives to protect innocent children.

Are you really that concerned about us, who will take that risk, that you will try so hard to convince us that we are wrong? I'm glad you care about me that much and some of the things you have written will help me in the "how to"...but I'm going in - no doubt about it. That will never change.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Is it REALLY that surprising to some of you that some people will risk their freedom and their lives to protect innocent children?

It doesn't surprise me a bit. I know plenty of people who would risk all. Those are the type of people I surround myself with. They are my brothers and we trust each other with our lives and our families.

It doesn't surprise me a bit that some people won't risk their freedom and their lives to protect innocent children.

Are you really that concerned about us, who will take that risk, that you will try so hard to convince us that we are wrong? I'm glad you care about me that much and some of the things you have written will help me in the "how to"...but I'm going in - no doubt about it. That will never change.

Just remember, "Let's roll."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom