Garand/Vintage military rifle match on Oct 31 at Palo Alto in Donaldsonville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    We will be having a Garand/Vintage military rifle match on Oct 31 at the Palo Alto club in Donaldsonville. It will be a 30 round match. Ten rounds slow prone; ten rounds rapid prone; and ten rounds offhand with five sighters before the start. Members of Palo Alto pay $12 with ammo and $4 without ammo. Those who are not members of PA pay $15 with ammo and $7 without. The match will be at 200 yds.

dzelenka@couhigpartners.com for more info.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    It is all about having fun. I usually decide what I am going to shoot that morning. I have a new M1 or I may take a K31. Depends whether I feel like working a bolt. I am sure that M1s and Vintage bolt guns will be in different classes. Everyone shoots ball ammo so that is generally the limiting factor. Some is good, some is only OK.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    It is all about having fun. I usually decide what I am going to shoot that morning. I have a new M1 or I may take a K31. Depends whether I feel like working a bolt. I am sure that M1s and Vintage bolt guns will be in different classes. Everyone shoots ball ammo so that is generally the limiting factor. Some is good, some is only OK.

I plan at least coming down and watching and seeing the old guns. Dunno if I am up for embarassing myself.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Dunno if I am up for embarassing myself.

You guys need to get over this crap. We have a group of guys who like to shoot and have fun. If you like to shoot and have fun, you need to join in and do it. I promise that the experienced shooters do not stand around and laugh when new shooters (or even other experienced shooters) fire a bad shot or even a bad string. We are much more likely to make suggestions that will improve your shooting.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Steve,

There are a lot of thing to look at during a match. Looking at, Ed's big ol ass doing anything, sure ain't one of them.:D Ya'll have fun anyway.

Beauxdog :cool:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The most likely person to embarrass himself is me. There is an expectation that I am supposed to know how to do well; therefore, if I do something like flinch and shoot a miss offhand (which I have managed to do in both the National Springfield Match and the National Garand Match), it will be something for everyone to laugh about. There is no similar expectation for new shooters.

Those of you shooting bolt guns need to remember to bring stripper clips to reload with.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    You were worried about that at the IDPA match... and ended up being pleased with your performance. C'mon, you can ride with me and Dayton.

Besides... it will be worth the fee just to be able to watch Ed's big ole ass working a bolt gun during prone rapid fire...:rofl:

What about the heat? :rofl:

I can bring my Garand and Mosin 91/30.

Last edited:

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    Cool we get to bring strippers, well thats what Dan said. I ain't skeered, i am going to clean and make sure the gun works this weekend. Besides i have Dan as my personal coach so there.lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom