Garand/Vintage military rifle match on Oct 31 at Palo Alto in Donaldsonville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Damn! What is it about you boys and rain... what your gun made of wood or something...

Oh wait NM...

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    just show up at 0730 pay your money and get ready to shoot? I guess you will be placed on a relay? do you work the pits between relays or do they even have pits?

how long, time wise, is a match?

Last edited:

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    just show up at 0730 pay your money and get ready to shoot? I guess you will be placed on a relay? do you work the pits between relays or do they even have pits?

how long, time wise, is a match?

That's about right. They do have relays and pits. I think if they start on time, some thread said this match would go till about noon to 1300.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Show up at 7:45. Each relay will complete its firing before the pit change. One relay in the pits, one on the line. Then they switch. Takes a couple or 3 hours. Probably start between 8:30 and 9:00. Pretty fast and easy match.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    You two get nice and worked up - really pissed at each other - then show up Saturday with guns. Should be entertaining. ;)

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I coming rain or shine... Again!

I'm no fragile muffin boy.

PLEASE NOTE: New gun comes in - go to range to shoot a match. None of that "I have to test loads and zero it in." BS. It will either shoot or it won't. Anyone on the fence needs to come out and shoot.

Dan

This is nice to see. While I did the exact opposite, it's nice to see. I zeroed mine, lovingly, about a week ago and didn't count clicks from the bottom. A day latter I had the rifle in my lap petting it. I zoned out and unconsciously started twisting the elevation knob. I think I got it back to zero, but who knows?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I coming rain or shine... Again!

I'm no fragile muffin boy.

This is nice to see. While I did the exact opposite, it's nice to see. I zeroed mine, lovingly, about a week ago and didn't count clicks from the bottom. A day latter I had the rifle in my lap petting it. I zoned out and unconsciously started twisting the elevation knob. I think I got it back to zero, but who knows?

Target backer is 6' x 6'. Just bottom the rear sight, put 10 clicks of elevation on and fire a shot. You will be good enough to fine tune from there.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I believe that I told you guys that it doesn't rain on George's matches.

Lots of fun. Lots of new shooters. Tulse luper is still afraid to soil his new M1. We will have to get him over that.

Mine shot pretty well. There were a few fliers that I think are due to the action trying to seat itself in the stock.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I believe that I told you guys that it doesn't rain on George's matches.

Lots of fun. Lots of new shooters. Tulse luper is still afraid to soil his new M1. We will have to get him over that.

Mine shot pretty well. There were a few fliers that I think are due to the action trying to seat itself in the stock.

Dan, that 714 number was from me. I was calling about getting in the gate.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Tulse luper is still afraid to soil his new M1. We will have to get him over that.

Ye old HRA did well enough.

I had a blooming blast out there. For all those that are on the fence about these rifle matches:

Show up and proclaim you are a NEW SHOOTER! Wear it proud. Dan coached two juniors and George had me. And thanks to him for arranging this. You can get as much help as you want or as little.

Just post in the match threads if you don't have a rifle. I'm 99.9999% sure that can be handled. I'll even break down and deflower my bell-of-the-ball M1 if someone wants to use the other Field Grade.

Top Bottom