Hepatitis-B Vaccine in Newborns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I've said my peace. The beautiful thing about the internet, is that you can find "information" to confirm whatever conviction you hold, no matter how blatantly wrong. At this point, it doesn't look like I'll convince you that vaccines are safe, so there's not point in arguing.

1) Only influenza and MMR contain mercury. They took the mercury-derivative out of most vaccines as a cautionary measure years ago, but have seen NO decline in new cases of autism since doing so. In fact, you get a higher mercury dose from a single tuna sandwich than ALL of your vaccines combined.

2) You get the flu post-vaccination due to the vast multitude of different "strains" of flu out there. Public health experts only prepare and package the top 3 most likely culprits of the next upcoming flu season, since production on this scale is difficult enough as it is.

3) We've had ZERO h1n1 vaccine deaths at LSUHSC-S over the past year or two. We've had several deaths from the flu itself, mainly elderly and infants. It's hard to specifically quantify, since we don't work up every person dying of the flu or pneumonia.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Now, as to drugging kids to make them behave, I am 100% against that.

I have been a physician for over 40 years and have never seen a single case of a vaccine harming a child.

leVieux

You're a doctor and this is how you refer to ADHD? Personally, I don't see it as drugging a child to make him behave. The medication slows the thought process down to a point where they are able to concentrate on one thing at a time. You make it sound like a parent is shooting their kid with a dart gun as he's coming down the stairs in the morning. Why is that? Do you believe that treating anxiety or clinical depression is real, or that people should just snap out of it and *behave*?

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    I will say this for anyone, just ask for the insert that comes with the vaccine and read whats in it. Simple way to decide. I myself will not take anymore, period. I am suffering enough now from what I can only determine was caused by the hep B vaccine I took. I know, now you think BS. Well, Hep B contains "Squalene". It is used to boost the immune response to the vaccine. It also has a side effect of weakening the soft connective tissue in the joints and other tissue. At the time the company I worked for offered the shots free because of the working conditions and I accepted and signed the forms to take the 3 shots. I took one in the left and noticed a sharp pain about 10 minutes afterwards and thought nothing of it. Next was in the right and then the last back in the left. Now I have had to have surgery on my left and need it on my right. The left was never injured, but the labrum was torn half way down and hanging. Now there is multiple tears in both rotator cuffs, not completely through, but still there. There is no reason for any of this and I can not explain how this has occurred as there has been no strain or injury to either shoulder. Maybe in time I will heal, but for me, they can keep the shots.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I will say this for anyone, just ask for the insert that comes with the vaccine and read whats in it. Simple way to decide. I myself will not take anymore, period. I am suffering enough now from what I can only determine was caused by the hep B vaccine I took. I know, now you think BS. Well, Hep B contains "Squalene". It is used to boost the immune response to the vaccine. It also has a side effect of weakening the soft connective tissue in the joints and other tissue. At the time the company I worked for offered the shots free because of the working conditions and I accepted and signed the forms to take the 3 shots. I took one in the left and noticed a sharp pain about 10 minutes afterwards and thought nothing of it. Next was in the right and then the last back in the left. Now I have had to have surgery on my left and need it on my right. The left was never injured, but the labrum was torn half way down and hanging. Now there is multiple tears in both rotator cuffs, not completely through, but still there. There is no reason for any of this and I can not explain how this has occurred as there has been no strain or injury to either shoulder. Maybe in time I will heal, but for me, they can keep the shots.
    Okay "Pro-Vacciners" just take his lead and research SQUALENE then come back with a straight face and tell us "vaccines are safe". :rolleyes:

Thanks, GunAddict. I didn't wish to bring up "squalene"; I wished to see who would and make a simple comment.

Thanks also for sharing, brother.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    ASHD corrections would come from looking at the child's diet (more specifically the chemicals introduced into our foods and his/her reactions to them) and discipline/structure in the child's life.

No need for additional chemicals/toxins/poisons.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've said my peace. The beautiful thing about the internet, is that you can find "information" to confirm whatever conviction you hold, no matter how blatantly wrong. At this point, it doesn't look like I'll convince you that vaccines are safe, so there's not point in arguing.

1) Only influenza and MMR contain mercury. They took the mercury-derivative out of most vaccines as a cautionary measure years ago, but have seen NO decline in new cases of autism since doing so. In fact, you get a higher mercury dose from a single tuna sandwich than ALL of your vaccines combined.

2) You get the flu post-vaccination due to the vast multitude of different "strains" of flu out there. Public health experts only prepare and package the top 3 most likely culprits of the next upcoming flu season, since production on this scale is difficult enough as it is.

3) We've had ZERO h1n1 vaccine deaths at LSUHSC-S over the past year or two. We've had several deaths from the flu itself, mainly elderly and infants. It's hard to specifically quantify, since we don't work up every person dying of the flu or pneumonia.

#3 you cannot convince me of ZERO deaths...

And what of SQUALENE??

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I make the best child raising decisions I can as a parent. Threads like this annoy me to no end because inevitably it turns into good parent/bad parent. Bad parent for not vaccinating, bad parent for pushing to poison infants.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    #3 you cannot convince me of ZERO deaths...

And what of SQUALENE??

I don't even need "scientific" evidence... Wikipedia > this argument.

Squalene
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Squalene is a natural organic compound originally obtained for commercial purposes primarily from shark liver oil, though plant sources (primarily vegetable oils) are used as well, including amaranth seed, rice bran, wheat germ, and olives. All plants and animals produce squalene, including humans. Squalene has been proposed to be an important part of the Mediterranean diet as it may be a chemopreventative substance that protects people from cancer.[1][2]

Squalene is a hydrocarbon and a triterpene, and is a natural and vital part of the synthesis of cholesterol, steroid hormones, and vitamin D in the human body.[3] Squalene is used in cosmetics, and more recently as an immunologic adjuvant in vaccines.

A 2009 meta-analysis by researchers at Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics that was published in the journal Vaccine brought together data from 64 clinical trials of influenza vaccines with the squalene-containing adjuvant MF59 and compared them to the effects of vaccines with no adjuvant. The analysis reported that the adjuvanted vaccines were associated with slightly lower risks of chronic diseases, but that neither type of vaccines altered the rate of autoimmune diseases; the authors concluded that their data "supports the good safety profile associated with MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccines and suggests there may be a clinical benefit over non-MF59-containing vaccines".[15]

Seriously... now the anti-vax crowd is just digging for crap.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't even need "scientific" evidence... Wikipedia > this argument.

Squalene
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Squalene is a natural organic compound originally obtained for commercial purposes primarily from shark liver oil, though plant sources (primarily vegetable oils) are used as well, including amaranth seed, rice bran, wheat germ, and olives. All plants and animals produce squalene, including humans. Squalene has been proposed to be an important part of the Mediterranean diet as it may be a chemopreventative substance that protects people from cancer.[1][2]

Squalene is a hydrocarbon and a triterpene, and is a natural and vital part of the synthesis of cholesterol, steroid hormones, and vitamin D in the human body.[3] Squalene is used in cosmetics, and more recently as an immunologic adjuvant in vaccines.

A 2009 meta-analysis by researchers at Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics that was published in the journal Vaccine brought together data from 64 clinical trials of influenza vaccines with the squalene-containing adjuvant MF59 and compared them to the effects of vaccines with no adjuvant. The analysis reported that the adjuvanted vaccines were associated with slightly lower risks of chronic diseases, but that neither type of vaccines altered the rate of autoimmune diseases; the authors concluded that their data "supports the good safety profile associated with MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccines and suggests there may be a clinical benefit over non-MF59-containing vaccines".[15]

Seriously... now the anti-vax crowd is just digging for crap.
    Sorry, bro, but Wikipedia don't cut it and you must research the research. I didn't expect you to try to respond without doing so. Oh well, I'll allow "the dead to bury the dead."

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Sorry, bro, but Wikipedia don't cut it and you must research the research. I didn't expect you to try to respond without doing so. Oh well, I'll allow "the dead to bury the dead."

I'd like to see some of the research on the research.

Source: EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF INTERNAL MEDICINE Volume: 21 Issue: 2 Pages: 70-73 Published: APR 2010
    Times Cited: 1 References: 23 Citation MapCitation Map
    Abstract: Squalene. a hydrocarbon obtained for commercial purposes primarily from shark liver oil and other botanic sources, is increasingly used as an immunologic adjuvant in several vaccines, including seasonal and the novel influenza A (HI NI) 2009 pandemic flu vaccines Nearly a decade ago, squalene was supposed to be the experimental anthrax vaccine ingredient that caused the onset of Persian Gulf War syndrome in many veterans, since antibodies to squalene wet e detected in the blood of most patients affected by this syndrome This evidence has raised a widespread concern about the safety of squalene containing adjuvants (especially MF59) of influenza vaccines Nevertheless, further clinical evidence clearly suggested that squalene is poorly immunogenic, that low titres of antibodies to squalene can be also detected in sera from healthy individuals, and that neither the presence of anti-squalene antibodies nor their titre is significantly increased by immunization with vaccines containing squalene (or MF59) as an adjuvant This review summarizes the current scientific evidence about the relationship between squalene, ann-squalene antibodies and vaccination (C) 2009 European Federation of Internal Medicine Published by Elsevier B V All rights reserved

Source: CLINICAL AND VACCINE IMMUNOLOGY Volume: 13 Issue: 9 Pages: 1010-1013 Published: SEP 2006
    Times Cited: 18 References: 18 Citation MapCitation Map
    Abstract: Squalene is a naturally occurring oil which has been used in the development of vaccine adjuvants, such as the oil-in-water emulsion MF59. In past years, by use of noncontrolled and nonvalidated assays, a claim was made that antisqualene antibodies were detectable in the sera of individuals with the so-called Gulf War syndrome. Using a validated enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitation of immunoglobulin G (IgG) and IgM antibodies against squalene, we demonstrated that antisqualene antibodies are frequently detectable at very low titers in the sera of subjects who were never immunized with vaccines containing squalene. More importantly, vaccination with a subunit influenza vaccine with the MF59 adjuvant neither induced antisqualene antibodies nor enhanced preexisting antisqualene antibody titers. In conclusion, antisqualene antibodies are not increased by immunization with vaccines with the MF59 adjuvant. These data extend the safety profile of the MF59 emulsion adjuvant.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    Wow. Wikipedia warrior....really?

You sir have no credibility.

Ouch. Harsh. The only thing I'm guilty of is being too lazy to actually log into PubMed to school you. Oh, BTW, wheres YOUR evidence to support these claims?

But alas, I'm annoyed to the point of actually digging up the review articles, meta analyses, and practice guidelines.

You want it. You got it.

------------------------------------------------------------

MF59 is the adjuvant made from squalene. Look that up on your own.

Review article 1:

Denato, S et.al. Safety and immunogenicity of MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccine in the elderly. Vaccine. 1999 Aug 6;17(23-24):3094-101.

Safety and immunogenicity of the influenza vaccine adjuvanted with MF59 (FLUAD) were compared to those of a non adjuvanted subunit vaccine in elderly subjects during three consecutive influenza seasons. Geometric mean titres and proportions of subjects with either a > or = four-fold increase in antibody titres or with an HI titre > or = 128 after immunisation were higher in FLUAD recipients. The adjuvant effect on the magnitude of the responses was most pronounced in subjects with pre-vaccination titres < or = 40. Although associated with more frequent mild local reactions, the adjuvanted vaccine was well tolerated. Thus, the addition of MF59 increased the immunogenicity of the subunit influenza vaccine in elderly persons with low pre-vaccination titres, who are at greatest risk of developing severe influenza disease and vaccine failure, without a clinically important increase in reactogenicity.

Squalene itself

Lippi, G. et. al. Vaccination, squalene and anti-squalene antibodies: facts or fiction?.Eur J Intern Med. 2010 Apr;21(2):70-3. Epub 2009 Dec 29.

Squalene, a hydrocarbon obtained for commercial purposes primarily from shark liver oil and other botanic sources, is increasingly used as an immunologic adjuvant in several vaccines, including seasonal and the novel influenza A (H1N1) 2009 pandemic flu vaccines. Nearly a decade ago, squalene was supposed to be the experimental anthrax vaccine ingredient that caused the onset of Persian Gulf War syndrome in many veterans, since antibodies to squalene were detected in the blood of most patients affected by this syndrome. This evidence has raised a widespread concern about the safety of squalene containing adjuvants (especially MF59) of influenza vaccines. Nevertheless, further clinical evidence clearly suggested that squalene is poorly immunogenic, that low titres of antibodies to squalene can be also detected in sera from healthy individuals, and that neither the presence of anti-squalene antibodies nor their titre is significantly increased by immunization with vaccines containing squalene (or MF59) as an adjuvant.

And, in short, they found NOTHING.

More MF59

O'Hagan, DT. Recent advances in vaccine adjuvants for systemic and mucosal administration.J Pharm Pharmacol. 1998 Jan;50(1):1-10.

MF59 has been shown to be a potent and safe adjuvant in human subjects with several vaccines (for example HSV-2, HIV-1 and influenza virus).

Ott, G. Et Al. MF59. Design and evaluation of a safe and potent adjuvant for human vaccines. Pharm Biotechnol. 1995;6:277-96.

MF59 is a safe, practical, and potent adjuvant for use with human vaccines. The formulation is easily manufactured, may be sterilized by filtration, and is both compatible and efficacious with all antigens tested to date. MF59 has been shown to be a potent stimulator of cellular and humoral responses to subunit antigens in both animal models and clinical studies. Toxicology studies in animal models and Phase I-III studies in humans have demonstrated the safety of MF59 with HSV, HIV, and influenza vaccines.

Shepard, CW. Hepatitis B virus infection: epidemiology and vaccination.Epidemiol Rev. 2006;28:112-25. Epub 2006 Jun 5.

Worldwide, two billion people have been infected with hepatitis B virus (HBV), 360 million have chronic infection, and 600,000 die each year from HBV-related liver disease or hepatocellular carcinoma. This comprehensive review of hepatitis B epidemiology and vaccines focuses on definitive and influential studies and highlights current trends, policies, and directions. HBV can be transmitted vertically, through sexual or household contact, or by unsafe injections, but chronic infections acquired during infancy or childhood account for a disproportionately large share of worldwide morbidity and mortality. Vaccination against HBV infection can be started at birth and provides long-term protection against infection in more than 90% of healthy people. In the 1990s, many industrialized countries and a few less-developed countries implemented universal hepatitis B immunization and experienced measurable reductions in HBV-related disease. For example, in Taiwan, the prevalence of chronic infection in children declined by more than 90%. Many resource-poor nations have recently initiated universal hepatitis B immunization programs with assistance from the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization. Further progress towards the elimination of HBV transmission will require sustainable vaccination programs with improved vaccination coverage, practical methods of measuring the impact of vaccination programs, and targeted vaccination efforts for communities at high risk of infection.

Clements, CJ. When science is not enough - a risk/benefit profile of thiomersal-containing vaccines.Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2006 Jan;5(1):17-29.

Without a preservative, such as thiomersal (known as thimerosal in the US), multi-dose liquid presentations of vaccine are vulnerable to bacteriological contamination that can result in death or serious illness of the recipient. Concerns about levels of mercury exposure from thiomersal-containing vaccines were first raised in the US during 1999 in the context of Hepatitis B vaccine for newborns. Since then, a large body of evidence from animal and epidemiological studies has accumulated on the safety of thiomersal. Ironically, these data have become largely irrelevant in wealthy countries, where mono-dose, thiomersal-free vaccines have been introduced as a precautionary measure in almost all childhood vaccines, in part related to residual public scepticism. In poor countries, multi-dose vials remain important for vaccine delivery. There is a real danger that this controversy may result in the loss to the world of thiomersal as a preservative, simply from popular pressure. In reality, it would be impossible to cease overnight using thiomersal and maintain the supply of vital vaccines. This paper reviews and summarises the data available from published studies on mercury toxicity, and thiomersal in vaccines in particular, that overwhelmingly indicate continued use of thiomersal is safe in those countries where it is most needed.

-----------------------

Your turn.

I openly invite you to cite any source you deem acceptable. I quote meta-analyses of thousands of randomized control trials and epidemiological studies. What do YOU have?

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    One thing you will learn (how you choose to deal with it is another matter) is that large corporations pay to have research done. Dig a little deeper for research not paid for by Merck, Bayer, Glaxo-Kline and the other Nazi-derived companies who "own" the FDA.

It's a very simple search to find scientific articles refuting their claims.

Like I said, if you believe in it then you take the vaccine. I don't and won't take ****.

And I'm as healthy as a Pit Bull. Your mileage may vary.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    ASHD corrections would come from looking at the child's diet (more specifically the chemicals introduced into our foods and his/her reactions to them) and discipline/structure in the child's life.

No need for additional chemicals/toxins/poisons.

Haven't you said before you didn't have kids, just dogs? I think this thread is about people. I guess if your dogs have health issues and you want to buy them a different brand of kibble and skip the vet, that's your business.

If you have not, or are not now raising a child, I'm not sure what your opinion is worth based that lack of experience.

I hate it when people without kids are so eager to hand out advice about raising them. :mad:

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    Mjolnir - I've taken that into consideration in the selection of the above.

"Poisoning the well" is a logical fallacy. If you have data to the contrary, please post it.

We have the right to decide for ourselves what is best for us and our children. I had no expectations of changing anyone's mind about this subject prior to posting, but it must be made clear that the overwhelming majority of evidence shows vaccines to be safe, effective, and worthy of the standard of medical treatment.

Your life.
    Your kids.

Best of luck. I hope no one is harmed in the process, since the "I told you so" would result in the devastation of a human life.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Mjolnir - I've taken that into consideration in the selection of the above.

Your life.
    Your kids.

no kids, no experience, lots of opinions. all hat, no cattle.

I don't have any kids. I've raised dogs. I reserve the right to discipline any one/thing in my immediate presence as deemed necessary including lethal force if my immediate biological viability is threatened. ;)

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Based on what has happened with me, my daughter, 18 next month would not have taken the cervical cancer vaccine had we known what we now know. My wife took her to get it before all the reading was done and now, what's done is done. My case with the squalene may be an exception. All I know is my shoulders are now "fubared"....I also can not take celebrex. I tried two different times and both times had to stop. This last time right after the first dose. It causes very bad muscle cramps in my calves, which is a side effect, but in rare cases. So as in vaccinations there can be bad results, of which big pharma would hide/cover or skew the results for monetary benefit. Even so if they have to pay out millions in a few claims, they don't care because of the billions they make otherwise.
    Tell me this, WHY do you have to sign forms relieving them of liability in order to take the hep B vaccine?? That tells me plain as day they know something bad could happen.
    My oldest daughter went back to college this year and had to get updated shots, but she got out of some by using the states exemption for religion. In Alabama you can decline certain vaccines on the grounds of against your religion and still get in to school.
    Now there are about as many as 57 different vaccines crammed into one of the shots they give the little ones and they are trying to up that to an even higher amount.
    I heard one parent ask this, "If all the other kids in the school are vaccinated, then why are you worried about mine if they can't catch it?" Think he has a point.
    Me personally, if I was starting over again, there would be very few that they would get if any. Thats just me, and each family has to make their own choices. I firmly believe that all these vaccines are gonna come back and bite the recipients in the a** later in life.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom