Hepatitis-B Vaccine in Newborns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    Yup. I stand corrected.

Pneumococcus and meningococcus are both vaccines for bacteria.
    Bacterial meningitis is the by far the most common cause of meningitis-related death. That is what the vaccine everyone in the military gets is for, the same vaccine that most college-age kids get.

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Ok. I did NOT read every thread, but some things I feel represent the lack of education in the medical community.

The absolute bottom line is that Vaccines save lives, they are FREE for children, and unless your doctor says not to get them, EVERYONE should get EVERY vaccine

Not getting your children vaccinated puts them at unnecessary risk for unnecessary disease. You have the right to refuse treatments for your children. Just remember, pediatricians recommend things because they have decades of research that says its the right thing to do.

(1) What are Vaccines. Vaccines are a way of programing your immune system to recognize and destroy a foreign thing. I use the term "thing" to be specifically nonspecific. Viruses have "things," bacteria of "things," horse serum has "things." These things are antigens. You can effectively make a vaccine on anything that is foreign to the body. You can have viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic vaccines.

(2) Bacterial Meningitis. The WORST kind of meningitis is cause by neisseria meningitidis (you may notice a word similar to meningitis in its name). It is a bacteria. It is the disease you get from sharing drinks, kissing, or spreading snot in daycare. It takes a normal, healthy child, and kills in 24 hrs. It is why people going into military barracks and college dorms get vaccinated. The vaccine is called Menactra.

The second most common cause of meningitis is caused by Steptococcus Pneumonia, the same bacteria that causes pneumonia. The vaccine for this bacteria is called Pneumovax, also aptly named. It kills older people.

(3) Viral Meningitis. What people hear about in movies and on traveler's websites is about the fatal, incurable, hemorraghic viral meningitis caused by West Nile Virus, LaCrosse Virus, St Louis Virus, and whatever ultra rare viruses found in mosquitos deep in central america and africa. These viruses are so rare in the United States that in the hospital they are never looked for. That means we dont look for, dont treat, and do not even consider these viral meningitis. In the rare case we find a viral meningitis, we just assume it is Herpes.

(4) Other diseases prevented. neisseria meningitidis also causes strep throat, ear infections, and sinusitis. It is so virulent that it can cause deafness. Get the vaccine against the thing that kills your brain? You are protected against the ear infection and strep throat. Strep Pneumo causes pneumonia. The vaccine prevents pneumonia caused by strep pneumo. Stepped on a nail? Did you have the tetanus vaccine? Yes? Oh good, you got a little cut. No? Oh, ALL of your muscles contract for days at a time, you are in agony, and, if you manage to survive, have kidney failure, shattered bones, and dislocated joints. Oh, did your kid have a runny nose? Did he have a Diptheria vaccine? Yes? Oh, that runny nose is just a cold. no? be prepared for MONTHS where your kid turns blue coughing and hacking desperately trying to get air. Diptheria killed people in the Oregon trail game. It kills in real life too. Vaccines literally save lives.

(5) Vaccines do not cause autism. In fact, unless you have some rare genetic predisposition, you will never even get a bad reaction. The only time you should not get a vaccine is if there is fever > 106 F or a seizure that follows the administration of a vaccine. Even then, only certain vaccines can cause this. This is considered an allergy and is usually a reaction to how it was made and not the vaccine itself. We do not use vaccines that can cause active disease in the United States unless you have AIDS. In india, oral polio vaccines can cause active disease.

P.S. Doctors assume they know more than you because they finished high school, went to more than a community college for a 4 year bachelors degree, spent 4 years in medical school, and another 3 years (minimum) in residency training. ELEVEN years of school beyond highschool. TWENTY FOUR YEARS of schooling, K-End of residency. Its not because they wear a uniform. They dont say they can shoot a gun better than you, plant a tree, design a house, run a company, or any other skill that some one else has. When it comes to HEALTH and the HUMAN BEING, there is literally NO ONE more well trained than a physician. Except the doctors that suck.

P.P.S. in the India-Pakistan conflict, both sides use propaganda to promote and inflate the risk of polio vaccines causing polio to prevent the children of the opposing country from getting vaccinated. you know what happens? Kids still get polio in India. They dont in the United States. Know why? Vaccines eradicated the disease from our borders. Be an american, get some vaccines.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Ok. I did NOT read every thread, but some things I feel represent the lack of education in the medical community.

The absolute bottom line is that Vaccines save lives, they are FREE for children, and unless your doctor says not to get them, EVERYONE should get EVERY vaccine

Not getting your children vaccinated puts them at unnecessary risk for unnecessary disease. You have the right to refuse treatments for your children. Just remember, pediatricians recommend things because they have decades of research that says its the right thing to do.

(1) What are Vaccines. Vaccines are a way of programing your immune system to recognize and destroy a foreign thing. I use the term "thing" to be specifically nonspecific. Viruses have "things," bacteria of "things," horse serum has "things." These things are antigens. You can effectively make a vaccine on anything that is foreign to the body. You can have viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic vaccines.

(2) Bacterial Meningitis. The WORST kind of meningitis is cause by neisseria meningitidis (you may notice a word similar to meningitis in its name). It is a bacteria. It is the disease you get from sharing drinks, kissing, or spreading snot in daycare. It takes a normal, healthy child, and kills in 24 hrs. It is why people going into military barracks and college dorms get vaccinated. The vaccine is called Menactra.

The second most common cause of meningitis is caused by Steptococcus Pneumonia, the same bacteria that causes pneumonia. The vaccine for this bacteria is called Pneumovax, also aptly named. It kills older people.

(3) Viral Meningitis. What people hear about in movies and on traveler's websites is about the fatal, incurable, hemorraghic viral meningitis caused by West Nile Virus, LaCrosse Virus, St Louis Virus, and whatever ultra rare viruses found in mosquitos deep in central america and africa. These viruses are so rare in the United States that in the hospital they are never looked for. That means we dont look for, dont treat, and do not even consider these viral meningitis. In the rare case we find a viral meningitis, we just assume it is Herpes.

(4) Other diseases prevented. neisseria meningitidis also causes strep throat, ear infections, and sinusitis. It is so virulent that it can cause deafness. Get the vaccine against the thing that kills your brain? You are protected against the ear infection and strep throat. Strep Pneumo causes pneumonia. The vaccine prevents pneumonia caused by strep pneumo. Stepped on a nail? Did you have the tetanus vaccine? Yes? Oh good, you got a little cut. No? Oh, ALL of your muscles contract for days at a time, you are in agony, and, if you manage to survive, have kidney failure, shattered bones, and dislocated joints. Oh, did your kid have a runny nose? Did he have a Diptheria vaccine? Yes? Oh, that runny nose is just a cold. no? be prepared for MONTHS where your kid turns blue coughing and hacking desperately trying to get air. Diptheria killed people in the Oregon trail game. It kills in real life too. Vaccines literally save lives.

(5) Vaccines do not cause autism. In fact, unless you have some rare genetic predisposition, you will never even get a bad reaction. The only time you should not get a vaccine is if there is fever > 106 F or a seizure that follows the administration of a vaccine. Even then, only certain vaccines can cause this. This is considered an allergy and is usually a reaction to how it was made and not the vaccine itself. We do not use vaccines that can cause active disease in the United States unless you have AIDS. In india, oral polio vaccines can cause active disease.

P.S. Doctors assume they know more than you because they finished high school, went to more than a community college for a 4 year bachelors degree, spent 4 years in medical school, and another 3 years (minimum) in residency training. ELEVEN years of school beyond highschool. TWENTY FOUR YEARS of schooling, K-End of residency. Its not because they wear a uniform. They dont say they can shoot a gun better than you, plant a tree, design a house, run a company, or any other skill that some one else has. When it comes to HEALTH and the HUMAN BEING, there is literally NO ONE more well trained than a physician. Except the doctors that suck.

P.P.S. in the India-Pakistan conflict, both sides use propaganda to promote and inflate the risk of polio vaccines causing polio to prevent the children of the opposing country from getting vaccinated. you know what happens? Kids still get polio in India. They dont in the United States. Know why? Vaccines eradicated the disease from our borders. Be an american, get some vaccines.

is this From.... Vaccinesaregoodthepresidentsaidso.com ???

attachment.php

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Amusing. But given the absence of any substance, I would say you managed to read three words before typing "head in sand" into google.

And no, I do not rip material from other people's websites nor do I paraphrase or plagiarize knowledge. I attempt to distribute what information I have accrued from decades of education and experience. That means my entire post was from my own head.

Thank you for your contributions to our discussion. I am pleased you have decided to embrace the ridiculous standpoint of fear and propaganda.

Your post and your picture fully embrace your own standpoint. There are beliefs and there are facts. You may have whatever beliefs you choose. It is a right we as a society give to you. Be thankful for them.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Amusing. But given the absence of any substance, I would say you managed to read three words before typing "head in sand" into google.

And no, I do not rip material from other people's websites nor do I paraphrase or plagiarize knowledge. I attempt to distribute what information I have accrued from decades of education and experience. That means my entire post was from my own head.

Thank you for your contributions to our discussion. I am pleased you have decided to embrace the ridiculous standpoint of fear and propaganda.

Your post and your picture fully embrace your own standpoint. There are beliefs and there are facts. You may have whatever beliefs you choose. It is a right we as a society give to you. Be thankful for them.

You've merely posted opinion, hyperbole and paid-for-research. Nothing against you - except perhaps blindly accepting their BS.

If you believe in vaccines then by all means vaccinate but it should not be a mandatory thing as they are unsafe.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wrong meningitis, my friend. Most people who contract viral meningitis do live. Most who contract bacterial meningitis do not. There is no vaccine for bacterial meningitis. In fact, there's no vaccine for anything bacterial.
    No vaccines, perhaps, but preventatives and "cures" can be found "holistically" with colloidal metals (gold, silver, copper, titanium), particularly silver.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    do they? or is it more that if a child wants to take part in public education where other taxpayers' children are gathered, then they must be vaccinated?

serious question: is it actually illegal to not vaccinate your kids? if they're home-schooled for instance; do they still have to be given the shots by law?

There's a bigger issue, charlie. Should I be paying into a failing system that attempts to thwart any and all attempts at revision by the people actually paying for it????

:confused:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    There's a bigger issue, charlie. Should I be paying into a failing system that attempts to thwart any and all attempts at revision by the people actually paying for it????

:confused:

YOU are skirting / avoiding the immediate issue; the same bigger issue that you're referring to. the immediate issue at hand is kids going to school together; some vaccinated, some not. to change that system may require a generation or two of voting the rat bastards who've ruined it out.

BTW, I'm for privatizing the school system (and the post office) which would be a much more immediate fix for what you're talking about.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Haven't you said before you didn't have kids, just dogs? I think this thread is about people. I guess if your dogs have health issues and you want to buy them a different brand of kibble and skip the vet, that's your business.

If you have not, or are not now raising a child, I'm not sure what your opinion is worth based that lack of experience.

I hate it when people without kids are so eager to hand out advice about raising them. :mad:

Hmm, never said I had a dog...

Well, charlie, since we're speaking of experience please tell me your experience in Toxicology, Virology and Biology.

So I could easily state that:

"I hate it when people without KNOWLEDGE are so eager to hand out advice on issues they aren't qualified to. :mad: "

Hosea 4:6 - "My people perish for LACK OF KNOWLEDGE."

You BELIEVE then you vaccinate. Period. I'm not telling YOU what to do; it is YOU trying to tell others what to do (well, you may not but many in your position do). I care not what others may do I'll follow my conscience. Everyone is different and I can respect that.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    YOU are skirting / avoiding the immediate issue; the same bigger issue that you're referring to. the immediate issue at hand is kids going to school together; some vaccinated, some not. to change that system may require a generation or two of voting the rat bastards who've ruined it out.

BTW, I'm for privatizing the school system (and the post office) which would be a much more immediate fix for what you're talking about.
    I've stated the fact that a healthy woman who breastfeeds her young has no reason to vaccinate her kids. This is biological fact. It's a simple thing, really... except we have **** for "food" nowadays. :squint:

Many (if not "all") health issues are due to nutritional lack. We all have weaknesses and nutritional lack will "expose" our weaknesses in whatever form they take.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Hmm, never said I had a dog...

Well, charlie, since we're speaking of experience please tell me your experience in Toxicology, Virology and Biology.

So I could easily state that:

"I hate it when people without KNOWLEDGE are so eager to hand out advice on issues they aren't qualified to. :mad: "

I have no formal education in those fields; I never said or implied that I did. However, I have raised three (3) children that are currently 18, 16 and 10. In that time, I've had numerous conversations with doctors in just about any field you could think of. In any case, where did I hand out any advice that would have required education or knowledge in Toxicology, Virology and Biology (other than the last 18 years of hands-on training I've had)? And who are you to say that I don't have the knowledge? You're making a feeble attempt to strike back when all I did was point out that you're giving advice to parents when you are not one.

BTW:
    I don't have any kids. I've raised dogs. I reserve the right to discipline any one/thing in my immediate presence as deemed necessary including lethal force if my immediate biological viability is threatened. ;)

Last edited:

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I've stated the fact that a healthy woman who breastfeeds her young has no reason to vaccinate her kids. This is biological fact. It's a simple thing, really... except we have **** for "food" nowadays. :squint:

Many (if not "all") health issues are due to nutritional lack. We all have weaknesses and nutritional lack will "expose" our weaknesses in whatever form they take.

Breastmilk contains G-class antibodies, which are fleeting. They do not confer immunity, but can bolster the response to specific acute agents. To truly become immune, the infant needs to be exposed to the agent in one way or another, so that b-cell sensitization and antibody production may occur.

Health issues are not solely due to nutrition. Compared to the generations prior to ours, our available nutrition is outstanding. The problem is that a multivitamin doesn't negate the fact that someone eats 4k calories.

Chronic problems result from poor diet, lack of exercise, genetics. Acute problems are usually trauma and infections.

I sense that some people just don't trust doctors, for reasons I can't understand. I guess ill never get it. But, no matter what a doctor says or does, healthcare is the ultimate responsibility of the patient. If you choose not to vaccinate, then its you or your kids that Will suffer, not the doctor, and not the "evil corporations"

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    do they? or is it more that if a child wants to take part in public education where other taxpayers' children are gathered, then they must be vaccinated?

serious question: is it actually illegal to not vaccinate your kids? if they're home-schooled for instance; do they still have to be given the shots by law?

There are forms to fill out and by-pass most vaccinations to enroll in public schooling.

Last edited:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    RS 17:170
    §170. Immunization of persons entering schools, kindergartens, colleges, proprietary or vocational schools, and day care centers for the first time; immunization of persons entering sixth grade; electronic transmission of immunization compliance reports

A.(1)(a) Each person entering any school within the state for the first time, including elementary and secondary schools, kindergartens, colleges, universities, proprietary schools, vocational schools, and licensed day care centers, at the time of registration or entry shall present satisfactory evidence of immunity to or immunization against vaccine-preventable diseases according to a schedule approved by the office of public health, Department of Health and Hospitals, or shall present evidence of an immunization program in progress.

(b) Beginning with the 2009-2010 school year and thereafter, each person entering the sixth grade in any school within the state shall present satisfactory evidence of immunity to or immunization against vaccine-preventable diseases according to a schedule approved by the office of public health, Department of Health and Hospitals, or shall present evidence of an immunization program in progress.

(2) The schedule shall include but not be limited to measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, and hemophilus influenzae Type B invasive infections.

(3) The schedule may provide specific requirements based on age, grade in school, or type of school. At its own discretion and with the approval of the office of public health, an educational institution or licensed day care center may require immunizations or proof of immunity more extensive than required by the schedule approved by the office of public health.

B. A person transferring from another school system in or out of the state shall submit either a certificate of immunization or a letter from his personal physician or a public health clinic indicating immunizations against the diseases in the schedule approved by the office of public health in accordance with Subsection A of this Section having been performed, or a statement that such immunizations are in progress.

C. If booster immunizations for the diseases enumerated in the schedule approved by the office of public health are advised by that office, such booster immunizations shall be administered before the person enters a school system within the state.

D.(1) Chief administrators of all elementary and secondary schools, kindergartens, colleges, universities, proprietary schools, vocational schools, and licensed day care centers whether public or private within this state shall:

(a) Be responsible for checking students' records to see that the provisions of this Section are enforced.

(b) Electronically transmit immunization compliance reports to the Department of Health and Hospitals, office of public health, when the public or private school operates an existing student-specific electronic data system.

(2) The provisions of this Section which relate to the electronic transmission of data shall be implemented according to rules and regulations promulgated by the Department of Health and Hospitals in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.

E. No person seeking to enter any school or facility enumerated in Subsection A of this Section shall be required to comply with the provisions of this Section if the student or his parent or guardian submits either a written statement from a physician stating that the procedure is contraindicated for medical reasons, or a written dissent from the student or his parent or guardian is presented.
    F. In the event of an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease at the location of an educational institution or facility enumerated in Subsection A of this Section, the administrators of that institution or facility are empowered, upon the recommendation of the office of public health, to exclude from attendance unimmunized students and clients until the appropriate disease incubation period has expired or the unimmunized person presents evidence of immunization.
    Acts 1990, No. 1047, §1; Acts 1991, No. 275, §1, eff. July 2, 1991; Acts 2008, No. 73, §1; Acts 2008, No. 152, §1.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Question. Under the new state laws, in the event of attendance prevention, are they excused absences? Because technically, there is no reason why your child couldn't go to school if he was vaccinated. I suppose you could take it to court but I don't think you'd get far since vaccines are strongly recommended across the board.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

We don't use the oral vaccine for polio in the US, and we don't have much polio over here. So, shouldn't the Indians avoid the oral polio vaccine? ;)

We no longer vaccinate against smallpox, yet a smallpox outbreak could quickly decimate our population.

While I think most vaccinations are a good idea, I don't think it's a great idea to equate patriotism with wanting to get stuck with every needle that is pushed at us.

Top Bottom