Iraq Redux Part Deux v. ISIL

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Not sure if anyone is or has been paying attention to this ****-hole.

But Iraq is basically already in remission back to Insurgency Control

For months now videos have been FLOODING the net showing the ISIL (Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant)

This group seems to be and is definitely showing the signs of being "More Extreme"
    than al-Qaeda considering they had a sort of (falling out) with them earlier this year
    in which supposedly al-Qaeda cut off all ties with this group.

The ISIL now control Tikrit, Mosul, Fallujah
    and Baghdad has been showing signs of increased hostility.

This is the same group a year or so ago that was basically sneaking up on
    sleeping IA Soldiers and executing them shortly after the US mass withdraw.
    Videos on Liveleak show this but at the time it wasn't sure who the group was.

No there is hundreds of videos on Liveleak showing what's going on.
    The ISIL are completely ruthless.

What's nuts too is that in Fallujah, the IA, al-Qaeda and ISIL seem to be fighting each other.

The IA will not last. I don't see how. No leadership, no protection, no real funding.
    They're still surviving off of what we left them. That'll run out soon.

If you want to watch some of these ISIL Videos I'll warn you know
    they are GRAPHIC, to the extreme. There is no blurred out anything,
    they kill civilians without question, man, woman and child and seem to have a
    habit of shooting at least a mag into those who are dying, regardless
    if they're man, woman or child. Fair Warning.

I've seen one video where an ISIL Militant shot a suspected Iraqi Army LT
    from a drive by while he was walking on side the road. He then stood over him
    and proceeded to dump a magazine into his head while blood, bone and brains
    splattered all over him. Laughing the whole time. These dudes are sick.

The Iraqi Army though is trying. I'm seeing video from them that show them
    fighting and taking back over Checkpoints and smaller cities. But they are being slaughtered too.
    Sadly as I pointed out, many times I see them taking over checkpoints
    only to find families slaughtered amoung the wreckage.

I'm wondering what is going to happen first.
    Sadness or anger? and will the Iraqi People get angry enough.

Whether or not you think the place should be glassed
    it's hard to watch an Iraqi Army Soldier fall to his knees with
    dead children in his arms that he tried to rescue
    and not feel their pain.

These Soldiers, many of the ones who I knew personally
    joined Voluntarily to take their country back.
    Yet too many still don't seem to have the same mindset.
    They are basically outnumbered by those who don't care enough.

So...they quit. Videos show many IA just leaving their **** and walking off.
    They have no hope.

I can't say I'm surprised though.
    Like many things not earned, they're also not appreciated.

America clings to it's Freedom and Rights b/c they were earned.
    Now the further we get away from the time in which those Freedoms and Rights were earned
    the less and less we seem to appreciate them.

That's what happens I think with the US involvement in Iraq and Afghan.
    If the (PEOPLE) of that particular country aren't willing to EARN their freedom,
    then it will never fully happen.

Welfare ring a bell? This plays out in all facets of life.
    Things earned are appreciated,
    things given freely, not so much.

Buzzwords for Google to watch what's going on;
    'ISIL Liveleak'
    'Mosul Liveleak'
    'ISIL Fallujah'

Anything with ISIL or Tikrit, Fallujah, Mosul with Liveleak at the end will bring up results.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Simply put; get your kids out of the military under these criminals.

Voluntary armies ARE special when they are also "Appreciated" and "Earned!"

The pretender hasn't earned anything in his entire f'ng life; and thus..........

Very sad!

I'd like to see the major news outlets be forced to watch these videos a la Alex in Clockwork Orange.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I watched the Iraqi Special Forces soldiers surrender video. What a savage world we have! That's all I need to see.

So, are the crimes of Nazi's any worse than these?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Obama is simply a symptom of a life, (liberty and pursuit of happiness) threatening disease. A dying spirit.

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    The reason we pulled out of Iraq was that the Iraqi government refused to give US soldiers immunity from prosecution. Anyone that disagrees with that decision needs to get their head examined.

I was not a fan of the execution of the Iraq War. I think we could have bought off another Iraqi General as soon as we took Iraq. So what if he was a Baath Party member. Rummy was totally incompetent IMO.

That said...I think its a given that this is happening now. Yet at the same time...I don't blame Obama.

I blame the Iraqi Government. They should have begged us to keep a rapid strike force in Iraq. And they should have given all US soldiers immunity from prosecution if and whenever a US soldier may make a mistake and kill a civilian.

Its a F**king War. War is brutal and not perfect.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The reason we pulled out of Iraq was that the Iraqi government refused to give US soldiers immunity from prosecution. Anyone that disagrees with that decision needs to get their head examined.

I was not a fan of the execution of the Iraq War. I think we could have bought off another Iraqi General as soon as we took Iraq. So what if he was a Baath Party member. Rummy was totally incompetent IMO.

That said...I think its a given that this is happening now. Yet at the same time...I don't blame Obama.

I blame the Iraqi Government. They should have begged us to keep a rapid strike force in Iraq. And they should have given all US soldiers immunity from prosecution if and whenever a US soldier may make a mistake and kill a civilian.

Its a F**king War. War is brutal and not perfect.

The pretender did there what he is doing here! The Iraqis got their "Free ****" by way of elimination of a tyrannical and maniacal ruling class, rebuilt infrastructure, new schools, protection, training, weapons, treasure, and blood. Now that they have it, there is no need for us to stay.

Same thing he's working on here in reverse! HM's comparison is accurate!

The prosecution of the postwar is almost as important as the war itself! Reference: History

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Friend from Iraq just told me this;

He said according to his family, only Baghdad remains unchallenged for the most part
    and that the ISIL is made up of all sorts of nationalities, not just Iraqi's. (Same as the insurgents circa 03'-05')
    His family is worried but said that the PM said he would execute
    all deserters that left their weapons and uniforms on the ground in Mosul.
    He doesn't believe he will carry that threat out, no one does actually.

At this point he said his only concern is his immediate family.
    If he could get them out of Baghdad and to the US
    he said he'd personally enjoy glassing the entire country. :eek3:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    He talked to his family again last night and he's very very sad this a.m.

He said it's extremely embarrassing as an Iraqi
    and that these wacko's cannot be fixed or trusted.
    They have seen this level of violence since they were kids and are completely desensitized to it.
    That's why they can act so brutal without conscience.

He said they(ISIL) told the people in Mosul to go back to work. As they do in each of the cities they've taken over.
    Anyone in the region, of any authority, is targeted, especially Military Service Members
    where apparently there is a bonus given for killing them.
    Doctors, Educators, City officials, he said they're killing pretty much anyone not a farmer?

He really thinks his mother and sisters will die in Baghdad.

/

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Why doctors?

Good points above, and also likely b/c these Doctors(could have been just a few)
    are/were fixing up Iraqi Army Soldiers and/or possibly refusing to work on ISIL.

This was likely a message not to do that any longer.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Good points above, and also likely b/c these Doctors(could have been just a few)
    are/were fixing up Iraqi Army Soldiers and/or possibly refusing to work on ISIL.

This was likely a message not to do that any longer.

I watched the Live Leak Vid of the Iraqi Special Forces Soldiers Surrendering only to be summarily executed. I was wondering to myself, why would they just surrender like that? Didn't they hear or get wind of the executions in and around the country under the same circumstances?

And they looked like they had superior firepower too.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Seems like killing intellectuals is historically common when brutal regimes take over- most certainly those with opposing views. But it sounds like these guys aren't picky and are simply killing everyone. :dunno:

Insanity. Prayers for the innocents caught up in all this horror.....

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    My guess would be they represent the educated?

Kind of like Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. Kill the educated and anyone who embraces Western Culture.

=====

The Khmer Rouge leadership boasted over the state-controlled radio that only one or two million people were needed to build the new agrarian communist utopia. As for the others, as their proverb put it, "To keep you is no benefit, to destroy you is no loss."

Pol Pot's regime was extremely paranoid. Political dissent and opposition was not permitted. People were treated as opponents based on their appearance or background. Torture was widespread, thousands of politicians and bureaucrats accused of association with previous governments were executed. Phnom Penh was turned into a ghost city, while people in the countryside were dying of starvation, illnesses, or simply killed.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Kind of like Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. Kill the educated and anyone who embraces Western Culture.

=====

The Khmer Rouge leadership boasted over the state-controlled radio that only one or two million people were needed to build the new agrarian communist utopia. As for the others, as their proverb put it, "To keep you is no benefit, to destroy you is no loss."

Pol Pot's regime was extremely paranoid. Political dissent and opposition was not permitted. People were treated as opponents based on their appearance or background. Torture was widespread, thousands of politicians and bureaucrats accused of association with previous governments were executed. Phnom Penh was turned into a ghost city, while people in the countryside were dying of starvation, illnesses, or simply killed.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

Isn't it curious how the vast majority of brutal, torturous, tyrannical take overs of ANY country all seem to have a common thread?

And despite all the evidence and fact, you still have dummies in this world who think you should just stand back and let them live their lives.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    This is disgusting. This will destroy the future of U.S. foreign policy if we don't do something. SOCOM should be running rough shod over the entire region. IAs and IPs should have all the CAS we can throw at them. Haven't we learned anything? You fight fires before they reach your street, not when they're next door. All the squandered blood and treasure! Just because we chose a poor course of action the first time round doesn't mean we let it all go. The Iraqis are giving up because they feel hopeless, not because they're not capable. This is all political. Bush and Iraq must look like failures and the current administration doesn't mind sharing some blame if they can accomplish that task. After all they control the media.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I watched the Live Leak Vid of the Iraqi Special Forces Soldiers Surrendering only to be summarily executed. I was wondering to myself, why would they just surrender like that? Didn't they hear or get wind of the executions in and around the country under the same circumstances?

And they looked like they had superior firepower too.

HOPELESS! They(IA) is living off of what we left them. That won't last long.
    The PM has been asleep living large sice the US set him up,
    now his country is back on fire and he's wondering "How'd that happen"?

They are hopeless. Emotionally Distraught.....not yet angry enough to do something about it.

If you think about it, the IA is the EXTREME Minority of Iraqis who seem to care enough
    to do something about their country. Now it seems, as even they are feeling it's not worth it.

Hopelessness ...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom